I must have at least five bridesmaids dresses hanging in my closet. I wore one for a Halloween costume last year. Mostly, though, they’re just taking up space.
I tell you this because I wish I had known about The Princess Project, a San Francisco-based nonprofit, which collects drycleaned formal gowns and cocktail dresses (“fashionable” ones, so I’m not sure if any of mine qualify anymore) for girls to wear to the prom.
If you’re a frequent bridesmaid, socialite, or gala-goer, you can leave your dresses and accessories between Feb. 8 and 14 at these East Bay stores:
· Crossroads Trading Co. (2338 Shattuck Avenue, Berkeley)
· Kate’s Kouture Bridal (82 Shattuck Square, Berkeley)
· Crush (5550 College Ave., Oakland)
· Center of Hope Community Church, Hope Youth Ministry (8411 MacArthur Blvd, Oakland)
· College Preparatory School (Cougar Café – 6100 Broadway, Oakland)
· Lipstick Fashions (2710 MacArthur Blvd, Oakland)
· Specialtees (977 Moraga Road, Lafayette)
· Elisa Wen (730 Camino Ramon Suite 170, Danville)
· Tootsies (175 E. Prospect Ave, Danville)
· Sports Basement (1881 Ygnacio Valley Road, Walnut Creek)
* For details about drop-off times and guidelines, please visit this page.