Gary Bogue

« | »

Daughter Goose & 4 goslings made it off the roof last weekend!

Daughter Goose’s 4 goslings made it safely off the Contra Costa Times’ roof. Photo by Ann & Bill, Concord, CA
1daughter ann & bill concord

Gary:
For all Daughter Goose webcam admirers. The four little ones made a successful jump and are safe and happy at the business park pond.
Ann & Bill, Concord, California

Ann & Bill:
Thanks a BIG bunch for being on hand to get photos of the BIG event. First Mother Goose got safely off with 4 goslings … and now Daughter Goose hatched and got HER 4 babies safely off the roof this last weekend.

Daughter Goose and her 4 goslings heading for the pond at the business next door to the Times. Photo by Ann & Bill, Concord, CA
1daughter2 ann & bill concord

Another BIG help was the Times’ Production Department. Thank YOU, Joe, for arranging to have one of our newspaper trucks with the BIG high, flat back parked just below the rooftop nest. Instead of the goslings having to make that LONG jump down to the hard cement. They jumped part way down onto the nice, flat, bouncy top of the truck, and THEN down to the ground. That really made a difference … i.e. 4 goslings all made it safely off the roof!

Daughter Goose & her mate and the 4 goslings heading for the pond next door to the Times. Photo by Ann & Bill, Concord, CA
1daughter3 ann & bill concord

Let’s hope that’s it for this year. /Gary

Daughter Goose, her mate, and the 4 goslings heading for the pond next door to the Times. Photo by Ann & Bill, Concord, CA.
1daughter4 ann & bill concord

TA-DA! They ALL made it to the pond! Tomorrow … the World! Photo by Ann & Bill, Concord.
1daughter5 ann & bill concord

Posted by on May 15, 2012.

Categories: Canada Goose, Daughter Goose

13 Responses

1. Mr.Bogue
    I am a new viewer that was introduced to your blog by my sister who lives in Alamo with her family. My home is here at Cape Lookout and the outer banks of North Carolina. From one cost to the other, both of us would watch the live feed provided by you. Needless to say both of us are animals lovers. For myself, I have rescued many abandoned and abused greyhound. My sister will relocate many small insects rather than dispose of them.
    I received a call one day regarding the falcon cam in SF and SJ. Then to my surprised my sister told me about Mother Goose. Both of us got in on the final couple of days before they jumped. I was horrified when the little goslins jumped. I watched how you take care of the little fellow who injured himself. You don’t know how much we talked about the over-all care showned by all of you. When we heard about the one getting hurt,you were there for updated. But what happened when Daughter Goose took over the nest. I felt like she was abandoned by everyone. Those final days, no one was with the camerra. Don’t get me wrong, I enjoyed the footage especially when Daddy Goose came to the nest to help his mate with her goslings. Both were viewed trying to hatch the final egg. My sister commented that they must be Marinnes because neither one of them wanted to leave anyone behind.But when they desided to jump, that was it. No information was forthcoming about the jump and if any safty measures was implemented to make this jump safer than before. Then the footage of another goose on nest appeared. What was that all about. You guys took viewers to the edge and left. I know Newspapers never sleeps. What are you guys going to do next year when both Mother and Daughter eyes the same nest.
    Thank you so must for an interesting time watching mother nature expand its future.

by Ginny Burns on May 15, 2012 at 10:05 am

2. Thanks for sharing your success story!

We have a family on the flat roof of our clinic! It’s 3 stories in the air! I am so worried about them getting down safely — and wondering if the babies will survive up there without access to food or water?

by Linda on May 15, 2012 at 11:01 am

3. Thanks to Ann and Bill also all at the Times that care enough to make us all smile!

by Ron on May 15, 2012 at 12:26 pm

4. Thank you also Ann and Bill. Your pictures are incredible!! I’m very happy the family made it off the roof safely. The gosling I saw jump from Mother Goose’s nest darn near killed me! OMG! Thank you folks at the Times for helping the wee ones. It was hard not knowing what happened. Thank you all.

by Joyce on May 15, 2012 at 1:26 pm

5. Thank you for sharing this amazing story with all

of us…so simple and meaningful..makes everything

seem right with this hectic world!!!!!

by shirlee on May 15, 2012 at 2:37 pm

6. We’ve been following Daughter Goose with eggs but missed the BIG EVENT over the weekend because we were out of town! We really appreciate your column Gary and especially Ann and Bill being “on hand” for pictures so we could enjoy the celebration.

by John on May 15, 2012 at 3:10 pm

7. Yes, thank you! And good idea about using the newspaper truck to break up their jumps.

by Marla on May 15, 2012 at 3:27 pm

8. WOOHOO !!! Saw them Sunday they are a beautiful family..Thanks for sharing !

by kerry on May 15, 2012 at 5:13 pm

9. I so enjoyed watching Daughter Goose, I missed Mother Goose this year because I have new twin Grand Babies and have been spending time over in Plesant Hill with them, Chris & Abby! Thank you Times staff for putting the camera back up for Daughter and a big thank you to Ann & Bill for the pictures!

by Gay Tsuma on May 16, 2012 at 3:42 am

10. I watched the drama on jumpoff day. The mama was so intent on staying with the unhatched egg still in the nest. All of us in the chat room worried that the family should take off for the lake. I am sure we’re all relieved that it ended well. My only hope is that, next time, someone from the CCT staff can man the chat room when the jump off is imminent to let us all know what is happening. We do get invested in this event!

by Parrot Nanny Gayle on May 16, 2012 at 7:38 am

11. Loved the Mother and Daughter Goose stories. But who’s the new goose? She’s been there for the last day and a half. Another daughter of MG?

by jane on May 16, 2012 at 8:57 am

12. Dear Gary and supporting creative actors,

Thank you to one and all for helping this little family. It has indeed become a real production with everything happening with so many people involved to make the show of nature a big success.

Barbara

by Barbara Diskowski on May 16, 2012 at 10:55 am

13. That’s just wonderful. None of the drama from our last batch and so cute.

by Diane S on May 17, 2012 at 4:09 pm