HAYWARD — The Hayward Area Historical Society is holding a birthday bash June 27 to celebrate its first year at the Center for History and Culture.
Everyone is invited to the celebration, which will include birthday cake. The museum galleries will be open free of charge, a Wells Fargo stagecoach will stop by and vintage cars will be displayed.
Those taking part can:
- Create a wood block print at the Hayward Arts Council booth.
- Talk to experts at the native plant booth, where plants also will be sold.
- Make a friendship bracelet and check out artwork by unaccompanied minors from Central America in the Community Gallery exhibit “Journey of Los Sonodores Invencibles.”
- Get free light bulbs at the Rising Sun Center booth and learn how students can be trained to become paid energy specialists.
- Painting a puzzle piece to be displayed in the center’s lobby or learn from art teachers how to make collage artwork.
- Take part in birthday games and make pinatas in the Children’s Gallery.
Food will be available at The Cannery Cafe inside the center, 22380 Foothill Blvd,