Tuesday, January 1st, 2008 at 3:26 pm in Hayward.
Happy New Year!
Several Hayward and Cherryland residents opened the first morning of 2008 by getting robbed at BB gunpoint, but fortunately nobody was hurt and two suspects were arrested.
On a lighter note, what are your most anticipated happenings this year for Hayward, San Leandro, Castro Valley or San Lorenzo?
Some of what’s coming in Hayward:
- Cinema Place set to open downtown at end of year
- Five new (or same, but re-elected) members of the Hayward City Council take office this summer
- Uncertainty over how Hayward city and school officials will handle finances. Ballot measures? Cutbacks?
- What, if anything, is Joe Montana going to do near the South Hayward BART station?
- Is this the year when the ball finally gets rolling at the old City Center complex off of Foothill Boulevard?