City officials gave some more details Tuesday about the firms who have turned in proposals to be selected as potential master developers for the 40-acre shoreline area at the San Leandro Marina.
The city has stated before that the companies were selected because of their potential to bring mixed-used development to the marina, and because of their experience with waterfront development and working in public-private partnerships.
One of the developers, DEW Partners, was dropped from the city’s list of potential candidates because officials determined it lacked development experience.
Officials also announced that the city is hiring a consulting firm to help with the financial aspects of the selection process.
So here are the candidates:
- Porto Bello Development Co., a major master developer throughout the country that is most known for its hotel project in the Pismo Beach area (San Luis Obispo County).
- The INNISFREE Cos. and Lanikai Management Corp., which developed the Tiburon Marina and San Leandro’s Creekside Plaza.
- California Coast, which developed the Cabrillo Marina in San Pedro (Los Angeles Harbor).
- Madison Marquette, owner of Bayfair Center.
- Barry Swenson Builder, a popular San Jose developer.