Part of the Bay Area News Group

Parks district seeking advisory committee members

By rparr
Tuesday, June 18th, 2013 at 6:53 pm in Alameda County, Ashland, Castro Valley, Cherryland, Fairview, Hayward, San Lorenzo.

HAYWARD — If you love local parks, now is the chance to have your say about them.

The Hayward Area Recreation and Park District is accepting applications for its Citizens Advisory Committee. The committee meets four times a year and reviews park design projects and program, makes recommendations to the district board and works on projects requested by the board.

To qualify, you must live in Hayward, Castro Valley, San Lorenzo, Fairview or the other areas of the unincorporated western part of the county.

Applications can be downloaded from or call 510-881-6704.

[You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.]

  • Monica

    Four years a year. Funny.
    Castro Valley, Fairview and San Lorenzo are also unincorporated areas.

  • rparr

    Good points. You’re seeing what happens when someone (me) posts quickly, without an editor. Thanks for gently pointing out my errors made in haste. Rebecca

  • Teresa Conti

    Ahhh. You fixed it.