From a Hayward press release:
HAYWARD – The city is seeking individuals interested in serving Hayward. There are openings on the following bodies, which serve in an advisory capacity to the City Council:
- Community Services Commission (2 vacancies, 4 potential vacancies)
- Council Economic Development Committee (1 vacancy, 3 potential vacancies)
- Downtown Hayward Business Improvement Area Advisory Board (3 vacancies, 1 potential vacancy)
- Keep Hayward Clean and Green Task Force (3 vacancies)
- Library Commission (2 vacancies)
- Personnel Commission (1 vacancy, 2 potential vacancies)
- Planning Commission (3 potential vacancies)
Applicants must be registered voters living in Hayward city limits. Applicants for the Downtown Business Improvement Area Advisory Board do not need to live in Hayward; however, they must own a business in the city’s Downtown Business Improvement Area and pay assessments.
Applicants for the Council Economic Development Committee must be residents of Hayward, own/operate a business in Hayward, be senior management at a corporate business in Hayward or be formally affiliated with and represent another entity or agency concerned with economic development in Hayward.
People appointed to the Planning Commission, Community Services Commission, Council Economic Development Committee, and Keep Hayward Clean and Green Task Force are required to file a Fair Political Practices Commission Statement of Economic Interests (Form 700).
Interested individuals can apply online at www.hayward-ca.gov; pick up applications at the city clerk’s office, 777 B St.; or call 510-583-4400.
The deadline to apply is July 10, and interviews with the City Council will take place July 22. Keep Hayward Clean and Green Task Force applicants will be interviewed by the Task Force Panel on July 16.