Friday, July 27th, 2007 at 4:43 am in Lamorinda.
So you’ve read our crime package, looking at the prevalence of property crime in Lamorinda and offering tips on how to protect yourself, but you still want more information.
Here are a couple of resources that you can check out on your own:
* The Orinda Police Department has a page of tips on dealing with mail theft. Click here.
* If you’re a senior citizen age 60 and older, and you think you may have been the victim of fraud, visit JFK University’s Elder Law Clinic here.
* The Federal Trade Commission offers detailed information to help you “deter, detect, and defend against identity theft.” Click here.
* Or find out more about identity theft in California by clicking here.
* The FBI offers tips for senior citizens and others on its Common Fraud Schemes Web page. Click here.
* The National Consumers League talks about everything from counterfeit drugs to telemarketing scams here.
* Curious about more crime statistics for your city? Visit the FBI’s Uniform Crime Reports page, where they compile annual crime data, broken down by city here.