Tuesday, September 28th, 2010 at 8:06 pm in Orinda.
A fire at a home on Valley Court in Orinda early Tuesday morning sent Moraga-Orinda Fire District firefighters racing to the scene.
A candle left out set fire to the deck, and eventually the roof, of the home. The resident of the home woke up to the sound of his dog barking shortly before 2:00 a.m. and immediately called for help upon smelling smoke and seeing the fire.
Firefighters were able to get to the home quickly and had the fire out in just over 20 minutes.
The resident of the home was the only person to suffer injuries. He suffered minor burns but refused treatment.