Tuesday, November 16th, 2010 at 7:35 pm in Orinda.
A power pole was reported to be on fire just before 1:00 p.m. Tuesday in the 200 block of Moraga Way in Orinda. A home near the power pole was also on fire when firefighters from the Moraga-Orinda Fire District arrived on the scene.
It took 30 minutes for the 22 firefighters on the scene to contain both fires. Fire investigators were initially unaware how the fires were connected, although the close proximity would make a connection seem apparent.
Fire investigators did discover the cause of the house fire to be backed-up lint in a dryer’s exhaust pipe. Initial estimates for damage to the home are $80,000.