Continuing in my series of sporadic blog series, here’s what your local governments are doing this week:
Orinda Union School District Board of Trustees: 4 p.m. Monday, district office conference room, 8 Altarinda Road, Orinda
- They’ll approve their 2011-12 budget and ratify a tentative bargaining agreement with the Orinda Education Association, but the big-ticket item is a discussion at the end of the meeting about the request from some parents to investigate the learning environment at Wagner Ranch Elementary School. Board packet here.
Orinda City Council: 7 p.m. Tuesday, Orinda Library auditorium, 26 Orinda Way, Orinda
- Council members will take one last look at the 2011-13 biennial budget, which is balanced but includes nearly $90,000 over the two years in reductions “to be negotiated” with the city’s bargaining units. The city has asked its employees, the bulk of whom are represented by the Teamsters, to make concessions to help close a budget deficit. The employees say they are willing to make concessions in exchange for no layoffs, but the city’s budget includes the elimination of a planning position. The council will also do their annual review of the Wilder project. Agenda and staff reports here.
Moraga Town Council: 7 p.m. Wednesday, Joaquin Moraga Intermediate School auditorium, 1010 Camino Pablo, Moraga
- The council will honor James Rueb of the Moraga Valley Presbyterian Church and approve its 2011-12 budget, which is balanced. Agenda and staff reports here.
Lafayette School District Governing Board: 7 p.m. Wednesday (6 p.m. closed session), Stanley Middle School library, 3455 School Street, Lafayette
- Some good budget news: the board will consider reinstating some of the cuts it has made over the past three years, including six teacher furlough days. The 2011-12 budget and an agreement with Solar Monkey to install solar panels at Happy Valley Elementary School are also on the agenda.
Acalanes Union High School Governing Board: 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, district offices, 1212 Pleasant Hill Road, Lafayette
- Agenda hasn’t been posted on the district’s website yet, but I imagine it will include budget stuff.Had the meeting date wrong on my calendar. The AUHSD board will not meet until June 29.
Lafayette School District Governing Board and Lafayette City Council (joint meeting): 6 p.m. Thursday, Lafayette Elementary School library, 950 Moraga Road, Lafayette
- The council and board will discuss items of mutual interest, including ways to reduce traffic congestion around schools and opportunities to improve student behavior at the library.