Lafayette Planning Commission: 6:30 p.m. tonight, Community Hall, Lafayette Library and Learning Center, 3491 Mt. Diablo Boulevard, Lafayette
- The evening will start with a presentation on the Lafayette Pathway project. Then at around 8 the commission will take a look at a city project to rezone a number of properties near Deer Hill Road and Pleasant Hill Road to a lower density. The folks behind a 300-plus-unit housing development on one of the parcels is not to happy about this. Agenda and staff reports here.
Orinda Union School District:Â 6 p.m. tonight, district offices, 8 Altarinda Road, Orinda
- The same school board you know and love, at a new time. The board will vote on agreements with its teachers union and unrepresented employees, as well as a contract extension for Superintendent Joe Jaconette through 2015.
Orinda City Council:Â 7 p.m. Tuesday, Orinda Library Auditorium, 26 Orinda Way, Orinda
- The main item is the council will adopt its capital improvement project plan for the upcoming year. They’ll also look at a revised pavement management program policy and get a report from the Orinda Association Volunteer Center. Agenda and staff reports here.
Moraga-Orinda Fire District Board of Directors: 7 p.m. Wednesday, Orinda Community Center Founders Room, 28 Orinda Way, Orinda
- The big topic — whether to purchase a new office building in Moraga or lease space at Orinda City Hall — looks like it will wait until September. Chief Randy Bradley’s staff report on the matter says the district will ask the owner of the office building, which whom it has a contract to purchase that just needs board approval, to extend the “due diligence” period of the agreement so he can continue studying the two options. The board will also adopt a purchasing ordinance and a resolution indication its support for an informational program about the 1991 Oakland firestorm. Agenda packet here.
Acalanes Union High School District: 7:30 p.m. Wednesday, district offices, 1212 Pleasant Hill Road, Lafayette
- The board will award bids for a pair of projects at the Del Valle site and receive its quarterly report on Measure E bond projects. Agenda y staff reports aquÃ.