By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, September 30th, 2007 at 11:49 am in Oakland Raiders.
Miami–Ronnie Brown 9-yard run (Jay Feely kicks PAT), 12:40.
– Justin Peele rambled 36 yards down the right sideline with a Trent Green pass on a fourth-and-four play past a blown coverage to the 9-yard line, setting up Brown’s scoring run.
Following a sack by Tommy Kelly, the Raiders had Miami in a third-and-18, but Green flipped a short pass over the middle to Brown for a 15-yard gain, setting up fourth-and-3 at the Oakland 41.
Miami coach Cam Cameron, already down 14 points, opted to go for the first down rather than give the Raiders the ball back.
– The Raiders punted on their first possession of the second quarter after Daunte Culpepper, passing on third-and-4, stumbled and came up a yard short of the first down. Shane Lechler’s punt pinned the Dolphins at their own 11 with 10:05 left in the first half.
With the Dolphins backed up, Oakland’s defensive line on the first play, from left to right, is Jay Richardson, Tyler Brayton, Terdell Sands and Chris Clemons. No Tommy Kelly, Warren Sapp or Gerard Warren _ probably their top three pass rushers with Derrick Burgess out.
– After a false start, with first-and-15, Brown broke a 60-yard run to the Oakland 34 through Brayton’s attempted tackle.
– The Raiders turned a fourth-and-7 Miami play into fourth-and-2 with an encroachment call on Tommy Kelly, and Brown raced 15 yards to the Oakland 25 on the next play for a first down.
– Green presented Stanford Routt with a gift at the 2-yard line, flinging a pass to Chambers near the goal line which hung in the air because of pressure by Kelly.
The Raiders took over at their own 2 with 6:51 left in the half.
– Culpepper completed his second pass of the game, an 18-yard strike to Jerry Porter, to convert a third-and-5 play from Oakland’s own 7.
By the two-minute warning, the Raiders had pushed the ball out to the 41-yard line and were facing third-and-4. Oakland has 23 carries for 98 yards.
– Jordan went down with a left injury after catching a 7-yard pass from Culpepper to the Miami 34-yard line with 29 seconds to play.
Culpepper dropped the shotgun snap, picked it up and managed to find Jordan under pressure. Jordan caught the ball and was spun around by Donnie Spragan. he was helped off the field by the training staff after a few minutes on the field.
Early indications are Jordan aggravated a back injury which has bothered him off and on since training camp. He spoke to the media earlier this week with an ice bag strapped to his lower back.
Sebastian Janikowski was brought in the game to attempt a 52-yard field goal as officials reviewed the play for the spot. Jordan was driven off the field on a cart.
Janikowski left the field as the Raiders instead opted to go for the first down on fourth-and-1.
Miami called time out as the Raiders went to the line.
Culpepper threw to his right to an open Curry, but Renaldo Hill was able to knock the ball loose for an incomplete pass.
Miami took over with 23 seconds left at their own 34-yard line and opted to kill the clock and end the half.