Tennessee–Rob Bironas 23-yard fieled goal, 11:22
– Vince Young was being worked on following a shaky series to open the fourth quarter. Considering they way Young has thrown the ball and the way Oakland has kept him in the pocket, getting Kerry Collins might not be any bargain.
– A hold on Robert Gallery gave Oakland a second-and-20 and was tehir 12th penalty for 105 yards.
– It had to happen eventually. Culpepper’s third fumble, on a third-and-14 play from the Oakland 14, resulted in a fumble which Tennessee’s Travis LaBoy recovered. The Titans took over at the Oakland 9-yard line.
– On third-and-goal from the 5, Quinton Ganther dropped a sure touchdown in the right flat, and then the Roydell Williams couldn’t handle a pass in the end zone from Young, with the Titans settling for a 23-yard field goal from Bironas and a 13-9 lead.
– Culpepper dropped a center snap for his fourth fumble, with Jordan picking it up for a 4-yard gain _ one of his best gains of the game. The Raiders went three-and-out with Culpepper short-hopping Mike Williams on third-and-8.
– At least they can punt.
Lechler hit a 70-yard punt that travelled at least 80 yards in the air into the Tennessee end zone.
– The Raiders forced a Titans punt with less than six minutes to play, and got their 13th penalty on an illegal block in the back after a return to the 30 by Johnnie Lee Higgins.
The Raiders opened at the 13-yard line with 5:31 to play. Titans fans are trickling to the exits, apparently convinced the Raiders cannot score.
– On one of the few times Culpepper looked deep downfield, the Titans came up with an interception at their own 9-yard line as the pass was short of Jerry Porter. It came on a first-and-10 play from the Oakland 48 after Fargas had run three yards for a first down on third-and-3.
– The Raiders forced a three-and-out with 2:20 to play and have used all their time outs.
Higgins, more of a breakaway threat than Chris Carr, is again the deep safety.
– Higgins called for a fair catch at the 47-yard line, giving Oakland 2:12 and 53 yards to go to win the game.
– Culpepper connected with Curry for a 27-yard strike to the Tennessee 26-yard-line at the 2-minute warning.
– With first-and-10 at the 26-yard-line, Sims was called for his fourth false start, pushing it back to the 31 and first-and-15.
The Raiders worked their way to the 30 on fourth-and-14, with Mike Williams dropping a Culpepper pass near the first down stake.
– Tennessee took over with 1:17 to play and will kill the clock and win the game.