By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, November 4th, 2007 at 4:26 pm in Oakland Raiders.
Oakland–Sebastian Janikowski 22-yard field goal, 7:40.
– Facing a third-and-1 on their first possession of the second half, Ron Dayne took an outside pitch and rumbled 39 yards to the Oakland 31-yard-line.
– Ex-Raider Adimchinobe Echemandu gained a yard subbing for a winded Dayne on the following play, then ran 5 yards to the 25-yard line.
– Brown had a 43-yard field goal attempt blocked by Jay Richardson with 11:48 to play in the third quarter.
– Justin Fargas opened the Raiders first possession of the second half carried the ball the first three plays and 21 yards. He has 74 yards on 15 carries and is the lone consistent part of the offense.
– McCown connected on his biggest pass play, a 29-yarder to fullback Justin Griffith to the 17-yard line.
– An incomplete McCown-to-Ronald Curry pass in the end zone resulted in an unsportsmanlike contact call on Will Demps and set up the Raiders with a first-and-goal at the 8-yard line.
– An incomplete pass and a 2-yard completion to Curry gave the Raiders a third-and-goal at the 5-yard-line. McCown’s third-down pass to a tightly-covered John Madsen was broken up in the end zone by DeMeco Ryans.
– Sebastian Janikowski came in and kicked a 22-yard field goal withi 7:40 to play in the third quarter.
– Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha is out of the game with an ice bag on his left knee.
– Sage Rosenfels completed a 19-yard pass to Owen Daniels at the Houston 47 for a first down.
– Dayne has 84 yards in 12 carries after coming into the game averaging 2.9 per attempt.
– Jerry Porter took a short pass from McCown, spun out of a tackle and gained 32 yards to the Houston 43-yard-line. Fargas gained 2 yards to the 41 for the last play of the quarter.