By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, December 2nd, 2007 at 5:12 pm in Oakland Raiders.
Denver–Travis Henry 3-yard run (Jason Elam kicks PAT).
Oakland–Sebastian Janikowski 44-yard field goal, 8:56
Oakland– Justin Fargas 5-yard run (Janikowski kicks PAT), 3:04
McCown’s fumble at the end of the third quarter sets up a 35-yard short-field drive which ends with Henry scoring from the 3-yard line with 11:21 left in the game.
Up 24-7 with 10:55 left in the third quarter, the Raiders lead 24-20.
Broncos drive 35 yards in nine plays.
Cutler is 14 of 23 for 199 yards. Brandon Stokely has 3 receptions for 102 yards.
– McCown hits back-to-back passes of 26 and 19 yards to Zach Miller, putting the Raiders at the Denver 26. He throws one up for grabs for Ronald Curry in the end zone which falls incomplete.
A screen pass to Justin Fargas on third-and-10, perfectly set up, his a tad short and Fargas can’t make the catch. Janikowski kicks a 44-yard field goal with 8:56 left.
– Fabian Washington blankets Marshall on a sideline pass and intercepts at the Denver 43. Denver challenges ruling that Washington had control. Denver challenges and loses, costing the Broncos a time out.
– An illegal contact foul on the Broncos on third-and-8 gives the RAierse a first down at the 36-yard line.
– Second-and-10, denver press box is calling a run. They are right. Fargas breaks up the middle for a 9-yard gain, bringing up third-and-1.
– Fargas rushes for first down, Rovert Gallery called for holding, making it third-and-11.
– Justin Griffith breaks tackles and gains 13 yards on a right screen to the 24-yard line and a first down.
– McCown, on third-and-2, play fakes to Jordan and runs 11 yards to the 5-yard line on a bootleg to his left. Raiders have first-and-goal at the 5.
– Fargas runs 5 yards for a touchdown on second-and-goal from the 5. The Raiders take 5:44 to score in 10 plays following Washington’s interception. Fargas has 142 yards on 30 carries.
– On fourth-and-2 from the 34, Cutler’s sideline pass to Stokely is ruled incomplete as it is caught out of bounds. The Raiders take over at the Denver 34. The Broncos have one time out remaining.
– The Raiders run three times into the line, Denver calls its last time out with 1:11 to play and the Raiders facing fourth-and-6. McCown scrambles on a bootleg to the 25, yard shy of the first down.
– Travis Henry drops a first-down pass with 58 seconds to play as the Raiders are on the verge of ending a 12-game home losing streak against the AFC West.
– Henry runs eight yards to the 40, Cutler spikes the ball with seven seconds remaining.
– Nnamdi Asomugha breaks up a Cutler pass with three seconds left.
– Broncos last play _ Cutler takes a knee. The Broncos concede.