Holland promoted; Gandy waived

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Thursday, December 4th, 2008 at 3:10 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Wide receiver Jonathan Holland was signed off the practice squad Thursday and will be active for the game, which could mean Ashley Lelie, who missed practice Tuesday and Wednesday because of headaches, may not be available.

To make room, guard Dylan Gandy, signed Nov. 26, was waived.

Wide receiver Ronald Curry (ankle) and Chaz Schilens (ankle, Achillies’ tendonitis) have also been less than 100 percent of late.

More to come later . . .

• http://www.uoft.edu/ Lame Sniffin – VOL NATION BABY

Lane Kiffin screwed up so bad, he has no idea! The Raiders are slated to be a Super Bowl team next year. Raiders.com and Greg Poppa say so. Lane Kiffin won’t be a part of it.

• Exlaraiderseasonticketholder

1st

• Exlaraiderseasonticketholder

First!

• http://www.uoft.edu Lame Sniffin – VOL NATION BABY

Exlaraiderseasonticketholder Says:
    December 4th, 2008 at 3:15 pm
    1st

——————————————

No, actually you aren’t. i was, but Jon Becker deleted my post because I dissed Jerry for his Raider hating articles.

• http://www.uoft.edu/ Lame Sniffin – VOL NATION BABY

Greg Poppa says we’re a Super Bowl team next year. He’s the most respected reporter in sports history. Lane Kiffin will miss out. Too bad for him.

• http://www.uoft.edu Lame Sniffin – VOL NATION BABY

AHHAHA
    he is still doing it.

DONT BE A HATER JON BECKER.

• http://www.uoft.edu/ Lame Sniffin – VOL NATION BABY

I was first! I was first! I camped out here all day hoping to be first! Since the Raiders never win, I have to win at something! We’re going to win the Super Bowl next year. Reputable reporters like Greg Poppa say so. Lane Kiffin won’t be here. Ha ha!

• Voldemort

The Raiders will not see a SB until about 5 years after the death of AL Davis. ( It will take at least that long to clean up the mess he calls a football team.)

• http://www.uoft.edu/ Lame Sniffin – VOL NATION BABY

We have the best team in football. The refs won’t let us win. First we lose due to Lane Kiffin’s play calling, then the refs won’t let us win.

• http://www.uoft.edu/ Lame Sniffin – VOL NATION BABY

MR, I LIKE SWEATY BALLS, TOO. IT’S GOOD TO SEE YOU OUT OF THE CLOSET. I’M GOING TO STAY IN THE CLOSET A LITTLE LONGER. BUT I WANT TO MEET WITH YOU.

• vegas raider

Jonathan Holland is in….now we are going to win

• http://ibabuzz 4evaRaider

we can do it

• Andrews Mom

Lane will be sowing turnips in Tennessee while JR leads us to the playoffs.

• Voldemort

I have major respect for Greg Papa, but he’s been spending too much time at the Kool Aid bar. To get to the SB we’re gonna have to hear a lot more of this…
    Touchdoooooooowwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnn RRRRRRRRRRaiders. As of late, we’re lucky to hear it once a month, let alone once a game.

• http://www.uoft.edu/ Lame Sniffin – VOL NATION BABY

YOU SAID IT, ANDREW’S MOM. WE HAVE A PRO BOWL ROSTER AND ALL THAT WAS HOLDING US BACK WAS KIFFIN. TOM CABLE HAS OPENED THE OFFENSE UP AND WE ARE ROLLING NOW, IT’S JUST THAT THE LEAGUE IS NOT LETTING US WIN GAMES. THE CONSPIRACY CONTINUES!

• Voldemort

Holland sucks, we’re screwed if he starts. He’s just some prospect of Crazy Al’s, we all know how those usually turn out.

• http://ibabuzz 4evaRaider

put and leave JLH in.He played WR in collage,got a little nervous in pros but will work out if allowed imo

• Exlaraiderseasonticketholder

2nd and 4th isn’t bad either.

• http://ibabuzz.com raidercnote73

I was at the KC game last week and the way those offense lineman were playing was disgusting, we have a great roster and we need to do some serious cleanning up of the locker room before we can think superbowl. We need to convince one of the top free agent wr’s to come here and Jamarcus something to throw to. Todd Watkins looked good for the one play he was in..wassup with using that guy more? Also get rid of that stupid wildpony,cat thing..it never works!!

• RaiderDogg

Word on NFL Network is that Lelie is definitely out for tonight’s game.

Sapp quote: “JaMarcus Russell can throw a strawberry through a battleship”.

Have a good game

• vegas raider

Hey maybe James Jett is available

• Brien(MR loves Willie, lol)

The start is getting close. JRuss is looking good warming up.

• 909raiderlifer

Since my lame azz cable provider (time-warner), does not have NFLN. And I have yet to pull the trigger on Direct t.v.

Off to the local dive, it is to watch the game.

We will see if the Dolt players have given up on Norval.

Cable had best left his bag of tricks at home. We need to play, straight up smash ball on them. And find a way to put that punk Rivers on his azz. Someone posted earlier, “rent some space in his head”.

Go Raiders.

• http://www.raiders.com Oakglenn’s Revenge (The Real One)

I blog!

• WAKE UP!

Voldemort Says:
    December 4th, 2008 at 3:30 pm
    “If Kiffinwas still our coach we would be about 6-6 right now. Lame Sniff is retarded. Remember what it was like when he was here? Remember being contenders in every game? Remember when people were saying we were on the up and up? remember when we were starting to gain respect? Now we are once again the laughing stock of the league. All we have gotten since Kiff left is made fun of, is this how you like it?”

I’m not sure where you were. but I know that things weren’t all chocolates and roses when Kiffin was here either. The Raiders were still made fun of and never had the respect of the league when Kiffin was here. You need to open your eyes and maybe realize that no matter who the coach is, the Raiders have been made fun of steadily for the last 6 years.

I guess when Kiffin had Jano attempt a 76 yard field goal that the league wasn’t laughing their a$$es off? Like my name says WAKE UP!

• Brien(MR loves Willie, lol)

What’s up Oak Revenge?

• vegas raider

Dammit, I want to watch pregame stuff, no NFL network at the job, but got it at home.

• WAKE UP!

Sitting back and enjoying some pre-game OG Kush. I’ve got the Purple Urkle ready for game time.

That was for you Brien.

• Brien (I like ‘em fat)

Rivers is going down . Raiders 34 Chargers 10.

• WAKE UP!

don’t worry Vegas, right now they are talking about LT’s career against the Raiders. Basically sukking him off. You’re not missing much…

• The sultan of truth

Vegas Raider, at your job? Thought you ran your own business?

• http://forumspile.com/Post-Crap-Only_you.jpg Chaos ♥’s the V word

Jesus. Is this ok?

• http://forumspile.com/Post-Crap-Only_you.jpg Chaos ♥’s the V word

The sultan of truth Says:
    December 4th, 2008 at 3:38 pm
    Vegas Raider, at your job? Thought you ran your own business?

Busted!!!!!!!!!!!

• Exlaraiderseasonticketholder

Cable, NO TRICK PLAYS TONIGHT! Give the ball to McFadden 15-18 times. He will bust one.

• vegas raider

No never said that, work for a trading desk at a firm. I got my own fancy desk with a TV though

• WAKE UP!

Kiffin was only here for a season and 4 games, however, and we were obviously playing more disciplined football under him. He really wasn’t given a chance. I’m a Raider fan till I die and I love Al, but Kiffin wasn’t given a chance. And the more I think about it, I agree. We would be 6-6 right now if Kiffin were here. It’s hard to say it, because I love Al Davis. Love him. Like MR loves men. But I have to admit Kiffin would have us at 6-6 right now.

• the sultan of truth

You’re in here all day, Vegas Raider. You obviously don’t work very hard. How do you keep your job? Do you give good head?

• vegas raider

Who ever said that I run my own business? Man I wish, I’m only 28 y/o!! Make decent dough though, sometimes (plus the wife is a VA nurse so use all her bene’s free)

• WAKE UP!

nice name

regardless, even when Kiffin was here, the Raiders were a laughing stock, so you are still mistaken.

• Exlaraiderseasonticketholder

• Bill Pickel

Holland=100yds 3 TD

• http://www.raidersdaily.com/countdown.aspx RaiderMight

Lets see if Holland can do anything. Chances are he will not be used much like all the other receivers.

• Exlaraiderseasonticketholder

thats he, not we

• The sultan of truth

Vegas Raider, aren’t you afraid the country’s going to be under attack, with Obama in charge? you seem pretty relaxed.

• WAKE UP!

Exlaraiderseasonticketholder Says:
    December 4th, 2008 at 3:45 pm
    “Well, fellow Raider warriors, I’m off to the watering hole. I know we’re going to lose because Al Davis sucks and couldn’t build a team if his life depended on it, but you’ve got to stay true to your team. See you guys later! Go Raiders (for whatever it’s worth…).”

Pathetic

• vegas raider

#37: Work from 6 to around 10 every morning and than screw off most of the day, unless the phone rings. Commissioned sales, so I pull out my inner-Cartman:

“I do want I want”

• Bill Pickel

Hopefully JRuss is going to play tonite.
    No back foot specials I hope.

• vegas raider

I do what I want—sorry

• WAKE UP!

Exlaraiderseasonticketholder Says:
    December 4th, 2008 at 3:47 pm
    “Kiffin would have never been 6-6. We was trying to get fired and if the 70+ yrd FG attempt did not do it, he probably had something else up his sleeve to piss AD off. He could have be charged with manslaughter if AD had a stroke and died. LOL”

much better

• The sultan of truth

Wake up, loved your comment, btw, about Kiffin not having a chance. It’s true. It’s about time you said someting that makes sense.