Raiders losing the 100-yard war

As you watch Baltimore and Pittsburgh struggle to gain inches on the ground in today’s AFC championship game, keep in mind the Raiders, their search for a defensive coordinator to replace Rob Ryan, and the importance of a coach, philosophy and the right players to stop the run.

The Ravens haven’t allowed an individual runner to gain 100 yards in 38 regular and post-season games, dating back to a 23-carry, 120-yard effort by Kansas City’s Larry Johnson on Dec. 10, 2006.

During that span, the Raiders have given up more than 100 yards to a running back 19 times.

Working in reverse order:

LaDainian Tomlinson, SD, 24-198
Ronnie Brown, Mia, 15-134
Travis Henry, Den, 26-128
Larry Johnson, KC, 31-135
Stephen Jackson, STL, 31-127
Rudi Johnson, Cin, 30-117

The Raiders’ record in those games is 2-17.

Pittsburgh hasn’t given up 100 yards to a running back since Jacksonville’s Taylor gained 147 yards on 25 carries on Dec. 16 of last season.

As much as Al Davis is identified with hiring offensive minds to be his head coach, with a preference for play-callers, if possible, you wonder if he’d ever consider going wtih a defensive head coach to stem the tide of 100-yard runners and the defeats that follow.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Dakota

This game is over.

• #24 Aka Huff24

Fabian Washington is unlucky man. Hes been great in coverage but he gets picked on alot.

#24 Aka Huff24 Says:
    January 18th, 2009 at 4:40 pm
    Brien – So you didn’t like Tom Rathman, Roger Craig, Romanowski and Ronnie Lott as Raiders either?

All punks who deserve a slow painful death. Rathman part of Joe-per bowls, Montana the only one man team ever…………Craig is a loser and did nada after SF, LT smack him hard!!…………Romo is a pill poppin racist who has cheater bowl titles in Denver………….Lott is a 49er scarf toting punk who got worse as the Raiders did with him around

• http://none MaddenRaider

Brien, long beach is jail. Lay off that crack son.

• http://www.brondby.com/kampkalender.asp?id=63 La Milicia Negra

BHP..

Martindale has sucked the entire time, Millard likewise.. them not being fired long time ago hints they are at least not on Al hate-list =)

They suck just as much as Ryan and has just as much blame.. Puppets… just like Ryan..

• KB

I told you Brien

KB Says:
    January 18th, 2009 at 4:42 pm
    Brien, you know MR is here all the time he is just to chicken sheet to post under MR he posts under other peoples names.

He admitted to trolling the other day. Loser and I been on his case before the admittance. I own that punk. Go tothe archives I’ve embarrassed him in so many different ways its ridiculous. He might as well by my prostitute in vegas and get my money

• http://www.brondby.com/kampkalender.asp?id=63 La Milicia Negra

# Dakota Says:
    January 18th, 2009 at 4:42 pm

This game is over.
    ___________________________________________________

lol, here in DK they just said a 13 point lead is like Cards having a 50 point lead =)

yup, seems over.. I still hope ravens make a comeback =) there is plenty of time..

• Dakota

Martindale, lol, looks like he worked at McDonalds along side Cable!

MaddenRaider Says:
    January 18th, 2009 at 4:43 pm
    Brien, long beach is jail. Lay off that crack son.

More idiotic talk from the 30 year old virgin. My Dad has no record. actually I been arrested more than my Dad lol. I was wild at one time

• Brien(Gruden Lovers are punks)

Crack crack crack crack…………this is what MR is using right now because he is stumped and I own him. MR is a chump and I’ve exposed that 10000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000 times over

• KB

LMN, Flacco won’t throw one t.d. this game.(period)

• AndrewsMom

Hello Raider fans and other fans

Thats been some funny stuff today but I dont know if anything beats hamburgerhead making Cable look like a brainiac

• http://! Blackholepriest

LMN their contracts are up they don’t need to be FIRED. make sense?

• Brien(Gruden Lovers are punks)

MR is upset at BRIEN due to his lack of sexual activity with WOMEN, due to his lack of friends who dont wear pocket protectors, and also due the fact his BS is caught at every corner because he aint smart enough

• http://www.brondby.com/kampkalender.asp?id=63 La Milicia Negra

BHP..

THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN FIRED!!

• Brien(Gruden Lovers are punks)

post 413…………….i dunno if that was a troll but are you Charged Up?

• KB

Martindale looks like the long lost brother of Rex and Rob.

• Brien(Gruden Lovers are punks)

Come on MR, tell me to lay off the crack. Sorry I’m addicted to crack…………the kind that rest on women though

• http://www.brondby.com/kampkalender.asp?id=63 La Milicia Negra

# KB Says:
    January 18th, 2009 at 4:47 pm

LMN, Flacco won’t throw one t.d. this game.(period)
    _____________________________________________________

yeah seems like he should consider himself lucky if he makes 10 passes :/ =)

• Brien(Gruden Lovers are punks)

MR is the the type of idiot who would try and drown a fish

• Dakota

Fuk:

Martindale for head coach?

Raiders linebacker coach Don Martindale went into Al Davis’ office Saturday to interview for the defensive coordinator. By the time the conversation ended, Martindale and Davis were talking about the head coaching vacancy.

Now, Davis is considering Martindale as a candidate for the top job, a team source said Sunday, confirming an ESPN report that Martindale is indeed in the running.

Davis has hit the lottery on this route before. The last time he promoted the linebackers coach to head coach, John Madden led them to a Super Bowl victory.

More at halftime of the Steelers-Ravens game I’m trying to cover …
    Posted By: David White (Email) | January 18 2009 at 04:39 PM

• KB

I don’t think 413 is the real A.M.

• Brien(Gruden Lovers are punks)

MR was the type of kid who in high school and college no one would invite to parties so he is taking his wrath out on Al Davis!! Hey MR did the guy who denied you party access have on a Raider shirt? Must suck living in Placerville huh?

• KB

Martindale is not Madden.

Madden is a god.

• Brien(Gruden Lovers are punks)

Brien<————–cooler than a polar bear’s toe nail

• KB

and 425 is talking about the real J. Madden, not MR.

Brien<————makes hell freeze over

• #24 Aka Huff24

I wonder what has happened to Willis McGahee. He was great in college until the knee injury and he started out when he finally started with the Ravens once he was healed. He has just disappeared as far as productivity. I thought he would end up a really good back.

• http://none MaddenRaider

Brien, you used too be wild until, you went to jail and got ‘butt digged’ and you changed your life out of fear. You aren’t a true brother. The real brothers stay the same, not fearing the man.

Like I said… Crack baby, fing your crackie pipe and enjoy. I’m out

Brien<———–makes the devil dress like Arnold SchwarziNazi in Batman and Robin

• AndrewsMom

Brien Its me the OAM.
    Still negative on all things political

• Pingback: Jerry McD: Raiders losing the 100-yard war - Oakland Raiders Forum | Message Board - Where the Raider Nation lives!

• KB

KB<——hits corners like I was a curb.

• KB

since we’re quoting outkast

MaddenRaider Says:
    January 18th, 2009 at 4:54 pm

Like I said… Crack baby, fing your crackie pipe and enjoy. I’m out

Butt digged? No I didnt get the treatment your uncle did to you the summer before high school started. It’s called “brotha” not brother. Fearing the man? Real brothas like myself know Obama is a fruad. you dont know anything about brothas unless they are beating your ass. Again I’m a lil too old to be a crack baby………try again

• AndrewsMom

I have been working a little more and chatting a little less.

• Dakota

Come on Jerry,

Where is the post assuring us that Don Martindale will not be the HC of the Oakland Raiders and that Cable is still a lock for the job, lol????

AndrewsMom Says:
    January 18th, 2009 at 4:54 pm
    Brien Its me the OAM.
    Still negative on all things political

Oh okay its me the Original and only Brien

• KB

Sorry O.A.M., can’t trust anyone here with MR hanging around…

I’m still a little leary because I haven’t seen you in awhile.

• http://! Blackholepriest

I wouldn’t know as to Martindale ability to be DC or HC other than I don’t care for him personally.

Dudes always in a bad mood for some reason.

• Brien(Gruden Lovers are punks)

MR when you gonna start trolling as me again? I’m waiting

• THE CHIEFS

MISSOURI IS THE TAINT OF THE NATION!

• Dakota

BHP, if you looked like this you would be grumpy all the time too:

Then again, you are often grumpy yourself…

Brien<————-rules

• http://! Blackholepriest

Now that’s funny Dakota.

• THE CHIEFS

MISSOURI GIRLS DON’T SKINNY DIP, THEY CHUNKEY DUNK.

MR= loser