Live Raiders chat with Jerry McDonald, Tuesday, 1 p.m. PDT

Get your post-draft questions ready for Jerry McDonald, who’ll be on hand for a live chat on our “Inside the Raiders” blog on Tuesday, April 28 at 1 p.m. PDT.

Jon Becker

• vegas raider

I’m only 28 and I am sure I have more gray hairs than most on here. I’m like 50/50 right now. Just rocking it these days though, no more Just for Men.

• 24

Dakota – I know you must have been guilty of this somehow. Fess up.

• alisgod

16…Please stay away from the Raider games. I am 36 and they scare the schyttt out of me…LMFAO

• http://atm Raider O

R8,

Nice bro, that’s also what I want. A big family.
    I spend most if not all my free time at home with the Family.
    I love it, and I can post here at the same time. lol

Now if I can finish my Edjumucation soon, then I can move out from San Diego and go live on a farm somewhere were it rains. lol I can’t wait bro.

• r8rpaver

24 Says:
    April 28th, 2009 at 4:36 pm
    R8rpaver – Geeez. You’re up there aren’t you? haha. I’m freakin out cuz I have white hairs showing up in my hair. Not cool.

======================================================= a very young 45 lol

• 1960AutumnWind

Here is what pisses me off about these analysts with DHB.

1. They make the Raiders into a straw man cartoon with Al in the corner with his stop watch and the coaches having Russell wait 7 seconds while all three recievers go deep. Then they stay how stupid it all is. If that was really what Cable and Hackett were planning I would agree but that is not what they are trying to do.

2. They act like DHB was a projected 4th rounder or something. He actually was going to be dratged from 15-25 without Oakland. That crap about ACC honorable mention just frys me. You don’t build stats with a crappy QB with an average offense in a schedule that includes several teams that actually play defense (unlike Texas Tech). The Raiders did reach but we are talking about 10 slots. About the same number as KC did with no mocking.

3. They were flat out exposed on MM and do not admit and apologizee (except for Mayock).

4. Guys like John Clayton act like they were in the war room saying that Maclin and Crabtree were ahead of DHB on the Raiders board when he has no clue!!!! He is a big fat liar! He hears some rumor from a source and acts like it is credible.

The bottom line is these analysts do not know much about the Raiders but want to pretend they do. That is the def. of a punk for sure!

• SnB Defense

With Schilens and “The D-HB” on the edges, pounding the football on the ground…expect more of this next year:

• 24

New York arena team offers Vick a contract

ALBANY, N.Y. (AP)—Michael Vick has a place on a minor league football team if he can get reinstated by the NFL.

The Albany Firebirds, an arenafootball2 franchise, have offered the 28-year-old quarterback a one-year contract at the league standard: $200 a week plus a $50 bonus for a win.

Vick quarterbacked the Atlanta Falcons for six seasons before being convicted of bankrolling an interstate dog fighting business.

NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell has not said if he will lift Vick’s suspension after he completes a 23-month prison sentence. Vick goes from federal prison to home confinement next month.

The Firebirds’ contract offer requires that Vick donate $100,000 to a local humane society.

A call to Vick’s agent was not immediately returned.

• edward teach

24… I forgot about that part lol.

Truth be told, though… can anybody really have a problem with drafting to replace Todd Watkins and Jonathan Holland? Especially with someone like Louis Murphy?

I don’t know if anyone saw it or not, but Pat Kirwan’s final mock had us taking Murphy in the second round.

• vegas raider

****************************

Good point. They will excuse that as a “system fit”, and the sad thing is they had a greater ability to trade down since Sanchez was still on the board. But bash a former Pats executive; not allowed at ESPN.

• 24

R8rpaver – You’re young for having 5 kids. I’m 26 and I haven’t even started.

• vegas raider

We traded out of #40, down to #47, and picked up a 4th rounder. Than we draft Murphy in the fourth who would not have been much of a reach at #40 in the first place. Doesn’t seem so bad. We turned #40 into a legit 2nd rounder (Murphy) and a under the radar prospect who was probably a 3rd or 4th rounder.

• ENGLANDRAIDER

Since Cable’s is actively trying to trade Fargas it looks to be Bush and McFadden.
    We have to have McFadden for the whole year let’s hope he keeps healthy.

I was just watching this again t remind me what he’s capable of.

• DirtyRaccoon

ENGLANDRAIDER Says:
    April 28th, 2009 at 4:02 pm
    DirtyRacoon says:

If I could I would live in a huntin cabin like Ted Kaczynski.

You’re not making a lot of trips to the post office are you?

********************

No just to Raider games.

• http://www.actionext.com/playlist_57486.html La Milicia Negra

# holla4LosT Says:
    April 28th, 2009 at 4:19 pm

Tight End Zach Miller drafted by the Jaguars…
    _______________________________________________________

yup, i posted it on draft day, and wrote, I think Jax were two year late =)

• edward teach

I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. KC made a huge mistake by not taking BJ Raji. Three #1 draft choices on their d-line and not a single nose tackle in sight. Say what you want about the Richard Seymour/Tyson Jackson angle, but Vince Wilfork is the man on the Pats’ defense that makes everything else possible.

Green Bay drafted smart for their switch to the 3-4. KC did not.

• http://www.actionext.com/playlist_57486.html La Milicia Negra

# DirtyRaccoon Says:
    April 28th, 2009 at 4:54 pm

ENGLANDRAIDER Says:
    April 28th, 2009 at 4:02 pm
    DirtyRacoon says:

If I could I would live in a huntin cabin like Ted Kaczynski.

You’re not making a lot of trips to the post office are you?

********************

No just to Raider games.
    ____________________________________________________

lol, goood stuff =)

• DirtyRaccoon

SnB Defense Says:
    April 28th, 2009 at 4:36 pm
    KoolKell Says:
    April 28th, 2009 at 4:31 pm
    The Geto Boys, really?
    =======================================================
    That album is 20 years old.

*********

Bushwick Bill on the Mutha FU(KIN Hunt, sendin M fers to the DUMP!!

• http://snotmerch.com/ Lynn from Snot

We had 5 wins last year with a lot of drama Oneal hurt,Carter out. Walker in Vegas, Kiffin defying AL, Dmac gets turf toe, Hall can’t play man, Then the firing of Kiffin , Knapp demoted, Harris can’t block did I miss anything? This should be a better year I don’t see it getting any worse. Stability and Consistency Instead of I’m In

• http://www.actionext.com/playlist_57486.html La Milicia Negra

Lynn…

so, you think we will get a smashing 6 wins =)

• 24

What sucks for DHB is that he is regarded as the 3rd best receiver in the draft, ahead of Percy Harvin the trouble maker and Harvin gets high marks going to the Vikings while DHB gets blasted because of where he was picked instead of being looked at as the 3rd best receiver. I’m guilty of it too but it is sad to think about it. DHB went from being a projected 1st Rounder to a guy that sounds like a 7th Rounder the Raiders chose at #7.

• DirtyRaccoon

Lynn from Snot Says:
    April 28th, 2009 at 4:58 pm

*************

Same ol same ol…. Luck of the draw?…Or is it??

• Einstein

Lynn from Snot Says:
    April 28th, 2009 at 4:58 pm

——————————–

Solidarity and normality will certainly be welcomed this year.

• 24

I think Davis got hit hard for the DHB pick especially because the guy was the fastest 40 Time. There are things that Al Davis does that are just typical and him going out and drafting the Fastest guy at #7 proved to the world that Al Davis can’t control himself.

Most of you didn’t want to trade for Braylon Edwards because he dropped too many passes and the knock on DHB is that he drops too many passes.

• Einstein

Lynn last year was definately nukin futz.

• ENGLANDRAIDER

Since it’s already tomorrow here, I’m going to bed and have nightmares about today.

Raiders uber alles!

• Einstein

I definately feel more confident going into this new season with Tom Cable than I did with Lance Kiffin last year.

• http://www.actionext.com/playlist_57486.html La Milicia Negra

ohh, bed time… see ya guys!

Jerry, hope you get your connection fixed for tomorrow, this has really been a drag!

• CRACKRAIDER

YOU GUYS WE MAD THE BEST PICK IN DHB… INTERVIEW WITH NFL NETWORK!!!

CHECK IT OUT!!!!

• CRACKRAIDER

check out the end of the interview AL DAVIS FLIPS OFF THE CAMERA

• r8rpaver

24 Says:
    April 28th, 2009 at 4:49 pm
    R8rpaver – You’re young for having 5 kids. I’m 26 and I haven’t even started.

======================================================= My oldest son is 27 LOL

• doriangray

SnB DIDNT KNOW WE HAD A RECIEVER NAMED MILLER ?? RAIDERS SHOULD RUN 4 WIDE RECIEVER FORMATOIN ALL YEAR

• r8rpaver

Raider O Says:
    April 28th, 2009 at 4:41 pm
    R8,

Nice bro, that’s also what I want. A big family.
    I spend most if not all my free time at home with the Family.
    I love it, and I can post here at the same time. lol

======================================================= O its great been with the same woman for the whole time we get along great(most of the time..we have our moments)kids are still close its a very loving family

• doriangray

SHIELDS IS ALWAYS HURT.. IM SICK OF INJURED PLAYERS

• doriangray

SOO.. ARE U JERK OFFS GONNA POST YUR RIDICULOUS MOCK DRAFTS NEXT OFF SEASON TOO ?

• raidersince87

im going to do a mock draft again next year, thats what we are in here for to discuss things, geez calm down

• raidersince87

its true 666 lmao

• http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAaQNACwaLw Raider75

My cousin has former Raiders punter Leo Araguz as a friend on Facebook. He was roommates with him at SFA. Brian was the kicker and Leo was the punter. Maybe I can chat him up about his days in the Silver N Black.

• 16yearsold16yearfan

if u guys are doing mock drafts i predict the raiders take taylor mays or eric berry(maybe not he plays for the vols)

• Mistabrown

Always hurt…his whole career huh Dorian?

You act like hes a 10 year vet with a history of injuries. Nevermind he was put on IR so they could avoid releasing him.

Genius.

# doriangray Says:
    April 28th, 2009 at 6:26 pm

SHIELDS IS ALWAYS HURT.. IM SICK OF INJURED PLAYERS

• Mistabrown

Raider Nation rally around DHB get behind this kid and make Dilfer & Carter look like the priks they are.

I would be willing to bet anything if we had taken Maclin the Eagles would have taken DHB with their pick.

• doriangray

WERE GONNA ROCK

• alisgod

I understand you guys complain about stopping the run but did you forget we were the laughing stock of the league last year for consective quarters without scoring a TD in the first half.

Sorry but I think having a competent offense is a bigger need right now. Hopefully our new safety tandem can help out with the run support like Sanders in Indy.

• IndianaRaider

alisgod Says:
    April 28th, 2009 at 7:29 pm

===============================================

Wasn’t the biggest gripe last year that Jamarcus didn’t have any weapons on the field to throw to? I think we covered that one, gotta keep McFadden and Bush healthy and out there and pray theis young WR corps can do half of what we expect. Bottom line, last years team vs this years team, no doubt explosive.

• alisgod

Indianna, now we have speed everywhere on our WR corp. Any one of JLH, DHB, and Murphy can take it to the house. DHB said it best that a simple hitch can turn to 6.

• alisgod

DHB and me on Comcast
    Darrius Heyward-Bey is No. 1 in the Raiders’ draft class. Now, he’ll be No. 12 on the team roster.

He’ll be wearing Ken Stabler’s number when he makes his Raiders debut at next weekend’s minicamp, the first time he’ll be in Oakland since the Raiders picked him with the seventh overall selection of the NFL draft Saturday.

As for a nickname, we got it right the first time.

“Darrius Heyward-Bey has a nice ring to it but DHB is not bad,” he said during an interview with Greg Papa and I on the Chronicle Live show (catch it on tape at 11 p.m.).

“It’s quick, it’s fast, I think people will catch on pretty fast to that.”

Quick and fast. Kind of like Heyward-Bey himself. Here’s the rest of the transcript from today’s live-via-satellite appearance.

Q: Reaction when picked by Raiders?

A: I was happy. ThereObviously, were so many different emotions were going through my head at the time. The rest of my family was happy. My mom was in tears and it’s just a real blessing to be picked 7th overall.

Q: Surprised?

A: I found out maybe 2 minutes right before, but just talking to the coaches, having a workout with them, seeing them at the Combine, just doing all the regular stuff you got to do just before the draft.”

Q: Thoughts when leaving college a year early?

A: I knew I could have been in the first round. I had a possibility of being in the early second so when I went to the Combine, I wanted to make sure I was staying in the first round. That’s why I went out to Athletes Performance out in Arizona. Worked on what i had to work on so at the Combine, I could perform to the best of my ability. And from there, I just left it in God’s hands and He put me in a good spot.

Q: Once ran a 4.23 in 2006? Have a different gear after 30?

A: Yeah, I get faster as I go. I feel like I have another gear, blowing up in high school and even my years in college, everybody says that I just put it in another gear. I don’t know where it comes from. Maybe it’s fear, maybe it’s skill, but I definitely put it into another gear.

Q: After pro-style offense, thought much of going deep with JaMarcus?

A: I’m looking forward to it. Run full-speed and try to get under the ball and make a play. Running a pro-style offense in Maryland is really going to help me transition to the NFL game with the formations and the play calls.

Q: Lots of end around and reverses?

A: It was fun. We tried to get the ball to me in different ways. In the ACC, they do a great job of trying to stop your number 1 guy so I had a lot of brackets and a lot of double teams just to get me the handoff, a quick bubble screen, just to get me the ball was something I was able to do this past season.

Q: Answer to postdraft critics?

A: I just think Al Davis and the rest of the staff wanted me. They didn’t care about if it was the 7th pick or the 15th pick. I think they just wanted me to be their guy and I’m happy that they chose me. I really can’t worry about what everybody else is saying. All I can do is worry about me and the efforts I put in to be th ebest player I can be.

Q: Comparisons to Randy Moss?

A: I was honored. I think Randy Moss is the most skilled player in the NFL. He’s just born with a lot of talent. But I also know that I have to make a name for myself, put a stamp on the Raiders being Darrius Heyward-Bey and not worry about comparisons to him or anybody else.

Q: Inconsistent hands, true?

A: That’s peoples opinion. I don’t think a lot of people watched Maryland games over the past three years. They’ve only looked at stats and compared them to other people and just think my hands aren’t good but I can definitely catch the ball. I wouldn’t be here if that wasn’t the case.

Q: Ready to sign before camp?

A: It’s very important. I want to get the deal done fast so I can get out there with JaMarcus and the rest of the guys to build that chemistry that I want to give that the rest of the team needs. I’m really looking forward to doing that.

Q: Basketball past, able to win jumpballs?

A: Yeah, actually, the high school I went to was a boarding school in Maryland. I went there to play basketball and couldn’t shoot but I could definitely dunk. Been dunking pretty much since 7th grade. So going up and getting the ball is something I am capable of doing. At maryland, I didn’t really have the opportunity to show my (jumping) ability, just a few times to makwe those plays other people can’t make, so it’s definitely in my future.

Q: Did Maryland QBs somewhat hold your stats down?

A: For me, it was more I understood the situation we had. The quarterbacks we had were great, good friends of mine, they tried their best to give me the ball. I just tell them to throw it up the best they can and I’ll go and bring it down. And that’s the way we did it. Having four quarterbacks in three years, it’s tough for anybody but I just went out there and worked every day and tried to build that chemistry with each guy that I had.

Q: Expectations as a rookie?

A: You said goals. No. 1 is to go in there and learn as much as you can and to work hard. Then everything else will take care of itself. If you go in there (unclear) then nothing but good will happen.

Q: You’re wearing No. 12?

A: That is the plan.

Q: Nickname?

A: Darrius Heyward-Bey has a nice ring to it but DHB is not bad. It’s quick, it’s fast, I think people will catch on pretty fast to that.

• Dude

How many times did DHB take a simple hitch and turn it to 6 in college?

• Mad Road Dog

I wanted linemen but DHB was Mayock’s 3rd rated WR, fits Al’s system as a deep threat as Crabtree and Maclin did not. So I don’t understand their fuss as WR was a need according to most draft pronosticators.

Their indignity if any should be warranted on the basis that AL did not draft the best linemen, especially Monroe or Raji. That was my fuss, still another year with rejects from other teams on the “O” line and no real help for the “D” line.

• Dude

Why the fuss?????????????

How about the fact that Al picked DHB based soley on him running the fastest 40 time.

How about the fact he reached for DHB at 7

• edward teach

He probably still runs a 4.23; everyone at the combine was talking about how slow the surface seemed to be. Almost all the fast guys ran slower than expected.