Raiders live chat with Jerry McDonald on Thursday

Jerry McDonald will be on hand here on Thursday, June 18 from 1 p.m.-2 p.m. PDT for our weekly Raiders live chat. Jerry will have the latest news and insight from the OTA in Alameda, so get your questions ready.

Jon Becker

• RaidersFan223

Firt?

• RaidersFan223

First?

• RaidersFan223

First?

• RaidersFan223

Ok I win lol.

• Nnamdi21

Wonder who’ll wind up with B. Marshall at wide out?

Might need deep pockets, but who knows? Maybe he, Vick and Burress can join Dallas with Pac Man as their baby sitter.

• Tomycar

that figures some of us have to work

• exlaraiderseasonticketholder

RaidersFan223 Says:
    June 16th, 2009 at 1:49 pm
    Firt?

Disqualified. What’s a firt. lol

• http://Raiders.com RaiderTW

A man kills a human and gets 30 days, A man kills a dog and gets over 2 years.

Only in America!!

———–
    Only if the man kills the dog with his car.
    Are you talking M. Vick? he did more than kill A dog, be realistic.
    Judge for the Pitts. player should ahve been realistic same with the judge at Holly Berry’s trial.

Tomycar, I assume you are working and can’t participate in the live chat?

Just post your questions here and I will enter them live for you if you want. I’ve enjoyed your perspective at raidernews.com. That said, Jerry has not shown he picks Qs by merit, if you know what I mean…

• DirtyRaccoon

Laissez le bon temps rouler !!!

• RaidersFan223

exlaraiderseasonticketholder Says:
    June 16th, 2009 at 2:10 pm
    RaidersFan223 Says:
    June 16th, 2009 at 1:49 pm
    Firt?

Disqualified. What’s a firt. lol

——————————————————

I was so excited lol… it was my first “First” :)

• http://www.car.org KoolKell

Torturing Dogs is not comparable with a vehicular accident.

Michael Vick blew it big-time. He’s finished, rightfully so!

• http://atm Raider O

What did I miss in the last thread!
    A lot of posts were deleted.

• DirtyRaccoon

O, how it be??

• lefty12

why does this site go haywire whenever the headline is”live chat with Jerry….”?it never fully loads.

• http://atm Raider O

Raccoon,

All is well, What do you think about G Ellis, and what should we with Burgess now?

• 4evaRaider

exlaraiderseasonticketholder Says:
    June 16th, 2009 at 2:10 pm
    RaidersFan223 Says:
    June 16th, 2009 at 1:49 pm
    Firt?

Disqualified. What’s a firt. lol

Get ‘em EXLA!!!

• http://atm Raider O

Do with Burgess now?

• 4evaRaider

I dunno O, as I’ve said B4 if a player plays better in a contract year then he’s doggin it the other years of contract.Trade or cut Dburg,imo

• DirtyRaccoon

Raider O Says:
    June 16th, 2009 at 3:32 pm
    Raccoon,

***********************************

Trade him for picks, or package him with picks and get a stud.. VW??

Or ya know, we could see how he plays through the first 8 games, if all is well, re-sign him to a incentive rich contract, and then trade him.

• DirtyRaccoon

G Ellis?? Wait and see.

We got a few DE that are in that average player zone, this is not a bad thing, but what about the middle? When we get run on up the middle, it hurts MY SOUL!!!

• 408RAIDER

Sup nation. The mod is still gay

• http://atm Raider O

I just got my new raiders gear by mail!!! :)

• DirtyRaccoon

• beeecham

Krappy, you actually have a lot in common with Michael Vick. First, you both should be locked up for good. Of course, your facility will include bocci ball, bedtime around 7 pm, and an early bird special every night of the week.

Second, you’ve both defrosted your heads in microwaves for way too long over the years. His resulted in animal abuse. Yours resulted in underwear abuse.

And finally, you both stumble nude through your nearest Wendy’s drive thrus on a regular basis. Actually, I’m sure Vick has never done that but if he was as old and senile as you, Krappy, I’m sure he’d start.

• M Lonetree

DirtyRaccoon,

didn’t know that you had le langue in you.

all is more than well in Raiderland. Greg Ellis, by himself, will turn the defensive corps into an elite unit. He’s only been in the league for 11 years and has had HOF numbers each year. Plus, he’s never had a major injury. What? He hasn’t put up those numbers? He has been hurt? My bad, he will get a paycheck though.

And!! Keith Davis has shown himself to be real Raider!! A Mark Schlereth or Cris Carter type of Raider. What? Wait. Oh yeah, those guys only dis on Oaktown and JaMarcus. Once again, I apologize. Keith only spoke some nonsense about QB personnel decisions which a deep-sixed opossum could’ve said. Maybe he watches too much BSPN.

But anyway, Carmella had a baby!! And now (not Jerry) Garcia is free to be with his new buddies in the backfield.

See!! Everything is fantastic!!

• DirtyRaccoon

Beecham, what is your fetiseh with KoolKell man?

• DKnight007

Ellis has always been more of a DE IMO….he was playing out of position as a 3-4 OLB….now the Raiders can utlize his strength more. Tall, Long arms, physical at the point of attack, is strong ands stout against the run and is disruptive pass rusher.

Trade Burgess and Walter for Wilfork or trade Burgess, Walter and Sands for Wilfork and that 2nd Round OT the Pats drafted this year.

• DirtyRaccoon

M Lonetree,

Just a little Acadian-Cajun.

Hey have you been to the Boiling Crab in SJ?

• M Lonetree

Beeecham,

if you had any self-respect you would discontinue hating on a certain KK contributor as it is a waste of your time, his time and everyone else’s time. I know it may be small-minded of me to inquire, but don’t you have anything better to do with your time on Earth?

• M Lonetree

DirtyRaccoon,

nope, don’t know the Bayou in Jose.

• DirtyRaccoon

Jus tell um the Raccoon sent ya.

• beeecham

Bro, I’m getting this blog cleaned up so cool dudes like you can blog away without fear of a deranged lunatic cut and pasting krappy newpaper articles and filling up the bandwith.

Next in line is that little high school pansy Baby Albert Bigelow then Bo Douche.

Doing the work of a saint ain’t all kisses and sunshine, but someone’s gotta step up. Dig?

• DirtyRaccoon

No, don’t tell them that, ya might get kicked out.

• beeecham

Speaking of waisting time on earth, let me remind you of something: You have chosen to go by the nickname M Lonetree and are currently conversing on a football blog with someone named DirtyRaccoon.

• M Lonetree

Beeecham,

whether I harbor agreement with your stance or not, your reply is coherent and well-stated.
    thanx for the reply.

• M Lonetree

DirtyRaccoon,

I am either adequately informed or completely disinformed. c’est tres etrange, le realite.

• SnB Defense

Can Stryker Sulak and Slade Norris even make this team?

Figure the DEs will be Richardson, Scott, Ellis, Shaughnessy and Burgess…with Gunheim in the mix

How many LBs can they carry? Howard, Morrison, Brown, Ekijuba, Alston, Williams…now add Norris not to mention Franz Joseph trying out.

THe only way Sulak can stay is if Burgess is traded.

Norris…I don’t see making this team at all to be honest.

• SnB Defense

Sorry, I just don’t see the middle of this year’s draft as productive. Raiders could have brought in a Jasper Brinkley or Sammie Lee Hill or Ricky Jean Francois to provide some competition to the DTs.

Instead we drafted two players (Sulak and Norris) that are probably headed to the practice squad. Murphy was a good pick…but given that Heyward-Bey was number 7….

Just questions and assumptions at the top of my head. Those rookies are going to have to break out to kick an existing vet off the roster.

• http://RAIDERS Oakglenn

SnB Defense Says:
    June 16th, 2009 at 4:30 pm

Can Stryker Sulak and Slade Norris even make this team?
    ————————————————————-

That’s a good question. With the addition of Greg Ellis a lot of defensive ends just became extremely expendable. Especially ones that are hurt a lot of the time, and or non participating, non-team oriented guys. Derrick Burgess, I’m looking your way here.

• beeecham

It’s all good, Lonetree. Power to the people.

Can’t wait until training camp starts and that Blink-182 loving sophmore Charged Down starts whimpering about Philip Rivers. That’s when the real fun will begin.

Krappy, I haven’t seen any entries in a while, so I’m going to guess you’re fast asleep in a fresh bowl of Frosted Flakes.

• The Big Banana

With Burgess, we either need to get something good in return for a trade or just let him play. He’s in a contract year so it’s possible that he’ll do some damage. Releasing him is not an option.

• Moose

couple of those scholarship LB`s ,just playing ST,need shifting….carried too many last season

• http://www.car.org KoolKell

“On a list of stable NFL organizations, the Raiders rank dead last. If there were something lower than dead last, that would be the Raiders.
    Not only has owner Al Davis sworn a blood feud with no fewer than three of his ex-coaches (Shanahan, Gruden, Kiffin), he apparently doesn’t even know who his current coach is.
    If Vick did land in Oakland, it’d take less than a week until he started to miss the structure he had back in prison.”

• SnB Defense

Moose Says:
    June 16th, 2009 at 4:44 pm
    =======================================================
    Yeah, I agree with you. Its great to have elite special teamers, but they also gotta get someone who can play ST and man the SLB spot as a bonnafide starter. I think the guy is going to be Brown or Alston. I just don’t see a role for Slade Norris unless he can outperform Sam Williams. That won’t be easy because Williams has produced on the ST and is a Davis favorite.

Still don’t really understand the Norris pick.

• Demon Raider

I like the potential of rookies Matt Shaughnessy and Stryker Sulak. I mean, how cool is the name Stryker? Greg Ellis is instantly our best DE against the rush. He will be a good mentor also to our young DE’s. I really think this defense is back on it’s way to being a top 10 defense.

• Demon Raider

I really think that Alston is gonna man the strong side..

• http://www.car.org KoolKell

Even taking into account all the negativity that surrounds him, the most important reason not to sign Michael Vick is that he won’t improve the Raiders on the field. He doesn’t represent a significant upgrade at quarterback, and thanks to Darren McFadden, Vick wouldn’t even be the most dangerous Wildcat threat on the team.
    For now, Raider Nation will just have to live with the fact that they’re one play away from their nightmares becoming reality: Jeff Garcia, Silver & Black quarterback.

The Oakland Sports Examiner: New columns every Tuesday & Thursday.

• SnB Defense

KoolKell,

Davis’ gross mismanagement of coaching staffs has led to most of this chaos. He also was too reliant on the old 80′s model of reloading with free agent veterans.

Hopefully he’s learned from those and other mistakes. I think he started to realize where he was when he had so few coaches willing to interview for the head coach job. (NOT A SLIGHT ON TOM CABLE)….I think he also realizes that veteran free agents are usually free agents for a darn good reason. Hence since getting so spectacularly burned by Walker, Hall and Wilson…and disappointing results from Harris and others…he is starting to rely on young talent.

However, that draft left a few questions for me…But am willing to support the team and see how it all plays out.

• http://www.car.org KoolKell

SnB

Right now, I’m pretty optimistic, as usual per June.

But, as Raider Fans we always have to be prepared for the silly shyt. They have a special gifted knack for self-destruction.