Report: DHB agrees to terms

The Raiders have reportedly come to terms with top pick Darrius Heyward-Bey, according to former NFL Network and current ESPN-to-be correspondent Adam Schefter via Profootballtalk.com

It remains to be seen whether the deal will be finalized before this morning’s practice. Check my Twitter account for an update on the field to see if Heyward-Bey takes the field.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

Raiders official makes it official: Heyward-Bey is signed, on his way to Napa.

***

can’t wait to watch DHB rip Antonio Cromartie down the sideline for six!

S&B: where you getting that info?

Jerry Mac tweets?

forbidden at my work, but not David White’s for some reason!

weird.

• exlaraiderseasonticketholder

From Nancy Gay:
    Alvin Keels says Raiders’ DHB cashed in: 5 yrs/$38.25 mil base/$23.5 mil guaranteed. Total max value — $54 million.

• SNB Defense

Rockstar,

LOL….I was channeling my inner Tom Cable personnel logic….

I am not too excited about seeing Hiram Eugene or Cornell Green in the starting lineup.

Fortunately there are 30 some days for that to change

thanks for that info Exla!

good news :)

• RaiderMario

What about Burgess and a pick for Wilfork?

***

no kidding. me neither. we’ll see if Justin Fargas continues to get the bulk of the carries (starter or not) and Sam Williams claims a roster spot again …

the scholarship program is still alive & well in Oakland under HC Tom Cable

yippee!

• http://insidetheoaklandraidres HELLSBELLS

Guess Eugene has pictures of Green and Cable together, only reason either is on the field

• Al Davis Has Cojones

Would you rather have Eugene or Huff starting? C’mon people. Its not going to be a rook.

Green or Pears?

• Al Davis Has Cojones

Wouldnt mind getting a bad ass center or RT for Burgess.

Oline still biggest weakness on team

• Al Davis Has Cojones

Hope McQuestian plays good during Gallerys absence, so he can take that spot from Carlisle next year.

• Al Davis Has Cojones

What a horrible draft that Michael Huff draft was. Except for T Howard, what a total whiffffffff.

Oline still biggest weakness on team

***

AHC: yes it is!

I’d rather have Huff, Barnes & Brown starting than Eugene, Green & Alston.

if you don’t put your best players on the field, you’re not going to give your team the best chance for a victory. None of the 6 players listed above would start on a different NFL team, but at least Huff, Barnes & Brown have potential!

***

next year?

I’d like to see McQ take the RG or RT spot this year!

• SNB Defense

Rockstar,

I hate to say this. But once Jon Alston gained those 20 extra pounds AND retained his “Raider Speed”….that put Ricky Brown in a backup role.

Of course its still early and lets hope the training camp sorts out who the best players are.

• SNB Defense

Cornell Green and Hiram Eugene were the starters at the end of the year. That’s probably why they are starting on the 1st day of camp.

Of course…Michael Bush was also the starter on the last game of the year. But injury probably doesn’t count

RaiderRockstar Says:
    July 30th, 2009 at 11:07 am
    Oline still biggest weakness on team

***

AHC: yes it is!

I’d rather have Huff, Barnes & Brown starting than Eugene, Green & Alston.

*******

The only potential Huff has is the potential to give up TDs

Brown might be the starting MLB if Morrison doesnt get his Sheeet together

• SNB Defense

Al Davis Has Cojones Says:
    July 30th, 2009 at 11:19 am
    Brown might be the starting MLB if Morrison doesnt get his Sheeet together
    =======================================================
    Morrison is a well-regarded MLB in the league. He is as big a lock to start as Nnamdi Asomugha. He is also a leader on the team. Plus, he has the cover ability that the Raiders covet. And we all know that the Raiders system emphasizes speed and coverage ability over hard hitting tackling and run stoppage.

Run stopping and pass rush is the primary responibility of the front 4. The Back 7 is supposed to lock down the opposing passing game.

Ricky Brown has to beat out Jon Alston to get on the field.

• Al Davis Has Cojones

No Huff, no Burgess, no Morrison, healthy Kelly = better Run D.

• SNB Defense

The Raiders draft and free agency was a clue into how they felt about each position going into 2009 camp.

They saw the weaknesses as:

1. Safety
    2. Defensive End Depth
    3. Linebacker depth

Other than Michael Huff/Hiram Eugene…the Raiders are satisfied with the starters on defense.

• Al Davis Has Cojones

Morrison is overrated as FUG.

• OAKLifer

hmmmm….what is happing here???

• OAKLifer

no more registration????? mine quit working bout 9am just came back up and I dnt have to log in!??!?!?

• oakLIFER

hahahahahahahhahahahahahah trolls are back!!!!!!!!!

Hey SFlifer, hey wannabe hows it goin?????

• OAKlifer

THIS better be fixed by time Im back for lunch they are already amongst us?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

oakLIFER Says:
    July 30th, 2009 at 11:31 am
    hahahahahahahhahahahahahah trolls are back!!!!!!!!!

Hey SFlifer, hey wannabe hows it goin?????

• Mal Davis

Old Al coulda drafted a healthy Lavelle Hawkins (who had a better senior year than Desean Jackson)from Cal. Instead he took an injured (missed almost entire senior year) small college guy (Richmond) because he ran a fast 40 at the combine. Typical Al move. Well, the football field is longer than 40 yards and you have to make cuts and get hit and evidently Shields injured knee wasn’t up to the challenge. This was another dumbass -Al Davis on speed- wasted pick.

• jhill

For the most part, I like the defensive starters. Ellis and Scott and DE are upgrades over what we had last year. Alston, his speed, and that 20lbs should be nice at OLB paired with Howard. A LOT of speed on the outside to attack the QB.

Will be very interested to see how this S thing shakes out. I expect Huff and Mitchell to end up as starters, but if they get beat out, then so be it.

• http://insidetheoaklandraidres HELLSBELLS

Dont mind given Alston a shot. He must have worked his ass off to put on the weight. Green has to go, I really am pissed he is with the first unit instead of Barnes, or at least Pears.

• Mal Davis

Remember how excited everyone was going into last season? Darren McFadden and all those high-priced free agents Al went and signed? Just hit instant replay of the 2008 season for a preview of 2009.

• http://raiders.com MaddenRaider

I’m proud to say I’ve never been a Raider fan but the other personalities make me post here because I hate myself!! My other personalities are Narc0 b0b, Dude, and many others. Help free me by forcing the Real Madden Raider go to therapy for my very serious psychosis!! I’m trapped in a fat slug’s body!!!

2 game win streak you fag

jhill Says:
    July 30th, 2009 at 11:34 am

For the most part, I like the defensive starters. Ellis and Scott and DE

******

Biggest improvement we make is because of these two guys and by having Chris Johnson sarting all year opposite Namdi

• http://insidetheoaklandraidres HELLSBELLS

Great decide to come back today and all a get is these two niner fans.

• DKnight007

Anyone have the proxy name up for david and jerrys tweaker tweeter accounts for training camp?

I can’t get tweeter here at work….

• DKnight007

Mal Davis Says:
    July 30th, 2009 at 11:33 am

^^^^^^
    Agreed!

• lefty12

relax,its the 1st day.

• http://insidetheoaklandraidres HELLSBELLS

First day or not Green needs to go. Only Harris was worse in penalties than Green.

• http://raiders.com MaddenRaider

The realMaddenRaider took Ambient last night, now “they’ are asleep I can ask for help. My psychiatrist is keeping me in a mind controled state because he also hates the Raiders (something about Al Davis porking his mom) please help! My others do nothing but call people names, sleep, and eat pig’s feet ALL day long. I’m locked in my mom’s basement!!!

• http://raiders.com MaddenRaider

I can’t get tweeter here at work….

hee hee hee, I won’t say it!

Mal Davis Says:
    July 30th, 2009 at 11:33 am

**********

OK Alex Smith, you keep drafting fags like your fans.

Michael Crabtree asked what his hobbies were, Crabtrees reply: “FASHION”

LMAO

• Derrick Bullshit

Fuck Burges! Dumbass sonofabitch! Get out of my life, asshole!

• http://insidetheoaklandraidres HELLSBELLS

Whats the chances of us really trading with N.E. for there NT. As much as I wish this would happen I put it at about 10% plus or minus ten. Hopefully with an improved run D we wont have to put eight in the box like last year. This would allow the safteys to be more productive against the pass. Split the field 50/50

• DKnight007

MaddenRaider Says:
    July 30th, 2009 at 11:50 am
    I can’t get tweeter here at work….

hee hee hee, I won’t say it!

^^^^^^
    I’m glad I don’t get it at work actually….the only thing the stupid overexposed fad is good for is training camp updates anyway! lol

• CJ Legend 34

****Must read article*****

I was trying to look for an article about DHBs contract negotiations and ended up finding a great article. This article was about DHB before the draft, if I would have read it I would have known who the Raiders were going to draft. If I was Al with all of his bad luck with WRs lately, he was probaly thinking “bring me a WR with 4.2-4.3 speed, good hands, about 6’4 who is humble and has good charater that won’t screw me over by partying once they sign a contract.” Bam!!!! Out pops DHB! Read the article!

• OAKlifer

Jerrymcd
    Finally have wireless connection. No sign of Burgess. DHB not official . . . check blog for news and quick hits . . .

• http://insidetheoaklandraidres HELLSBELLS

Nice read CJ. Hope this kid is the real deal.

• OAKlifer

dmcfadden20
    1st practice was good we got a lot of thing installed. Gettin ready for our meetins now.