Raiders news keeps getting worse

Let’s see, there was the Tom Cable vs. Randy Hanson story, then the loss of wide receiver Chaz Schilens to a broken foot, followed by an embarrassing practice beatdown at the hands of their crossbay rivals, the San Francisco 49ers.

The bad news continued today, with the National Football Post reporting Hanson was going to cooperate with police and giving additional information from an unnamed source about how the incident went down, which included Cable choking Hanson and saying, “I’m going to kill you” before being pulled off by other members of the coaching staff.

There was also an unflattering portrait of the Raiders by Michael Silver of Yahoo.com, detailing other physical altercations within the organization in past years.

Then there’s this story by CNN-SI’s Jim Trotter, which reports Cable wanted Hanson fired last year but didn’t have the power under Al Davis to make it happen.

By talking with police, it would put Hanson’s version of events on the record, make it possible Cable could be arrested and give the NFL more information to work with as it investigates the matter.

The Raiders practice at 3:30 p.m. today, after which chances are Cable won’t have any comment.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• http://snotmerch.com/ Lynn from Snot

We had Green but we let him off the hook .

• http://snotmerch.com/ Lynn from Snot

Who left the door open for this A hole to come in.

• Norco Bob

Plax didnt get cited for shooting himself,..he was carrying a concealed gun in NY without a permit,…doesnt matter his color,…however his jew lawyer sucks for not taking to trial.

• SaintKaufman

Dang, Cable getting all Wayne Brady on Hanson!!

• dt_raiders

i don’t see this guy hanson can get a job in the NFL ever again. First he undermined Kiffin last yr, now he got on the bad side of Cable. Regardless of whether he did so as a snitch, if he’s known more for insubordination than being a good assistant coach, his career is over. Maybe that’s why he’s looking for a settlement and his cooperation with police is a negotiating tactic.

• http://snotmerch.com/ Lynn from Snot

They need to take this guy for a ride out in the desert.

• Richochet

AZ Raider Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 2:41 pm
    RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 2:23 pm
    so if Tom Cable goes to jail do you think Kevin Gilbride will receive a call from Al Davis?

or does James Lofton get the job by default?
    ……………………………………………….

Dude, no one is going to jail over this. It’s a rediculous thought. Worst case (knock on wood) Cable get a few hours of community service and Goodell suspends him for a game. THAT is even too harsh in my opinion. Anyone who rats a guy out for something like that is a weasle.
    ———————-
    That’s because you abuse the right to be stupid.

Attacked someone and sent them to the hospital.
    Is a public figure.
    Lied about what happened.
    NO WAY IN HELL HE JUST GETS A SLAP ON THE HAND..

And one game from Goodell?

Care to bet?

Discipline starts at the top.
    Rules clearly detail it applies from the owner down.

What happens to Cable is setting the tone for the future, and no way the NFL is just going to give a light scolding, as in one game.

I’m guessing 4.

And because you truly are dumber than cotton, he didn’t rat him out, fool. The report went public. Hanson’s view was “I don’t want it public. I don’t want this to be an issue.” Until his name was brought up, and Cable lied like a bitch, covering his own ass.
    Had he manned up, and stated it was between him and Hanson, adding their dealing with it internally, wouldn’t have gotten the same attention it got with a guy with a broken jaw and now apparently cheekbone, where the HC is saying ‘nothing happened”.

I mean, isn’t that even insulting to some of you really…really..slow Raider fans??

• http://www.car.org KoolKell

DT Raiders

No one will hold Hansons troubles with the Raiders against him. The Raiders will be blamed for being dysfunctional. In fact, he’ll probably be gobbled up by the Patriots.

• Norco Bob

Bring back gruden today,…buy out espn`s one year contract,…serious…get rid of cable today….this story will get worse over time,..he will be arrested before weeks end….probably during niner game, on sideline,..on jumbo tron…with niner fans cheering.

• DKnight007

Expect the old man to pay Hanson off to shut the f**k up…

• http://justwinbaby! 909RaiderLifer

slow down on THIS!

• DKnight007

StopThis Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 2:29 pm
    Nacy Gay is terrible. I hope the Raiders run up the score while dominating her favorite losers, the 49ers. About 50 to 0 would be a good start after the first half. Nancy Gay sucks!

^^^^^^We have known this for awhile….

• Silver-n-Smac

Norco Bob:

Dude, do you hate life THAT much?

I’ve never seen so much freakin’ negativity in my life.

So, let me get this straight:

1. You think the players on this team are junk.

2. You think the head coach is junk and “fat”

3. You think the owner is junk.

So. . . .tell me again why exactly you choose to root for this team? You know, there are 31 others you could choose to your liking.

Dudes like you give a bad name to the NATION.

And another thing.

J-Russ. . . .13 TD’s, 8 Int.

Go compare that to Aikman’s, Elway’s, S. Young’s, and P. Manning’s rookie years.

J-Russ made way less mistakes in his “rookie” year than any of those dudes did.

Hell, Manning thew 26 picks! Aikman won 1 game & lost 15.

I doubt there were chants of “how ’bout them cowboys” after that rookie year.

But, I’m sure there were a ton of pessimistic dudes like you and Brien the General who ripped the team to shreds, only to come hoppin’ on the bandwagon when the cowgirls started winning games.

You people are a disgrace to real fans.

I have no problem with being objective and calling it as it is when we have a weakness.

But, to constantly make these stupid generalizations when we haven’t even played a game yet, is so freakin’ amateur.

• Richochet

408RAIDER Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 3:22 pm
    Snitches get stitches!!! Its the law of the street.. Hanson needs to be dealt with AGAIN!!! IMO
    ————
    Law of the street?
    It’s not the street.
    It’s business.
    Cable was a punk. Blindside punches are only thrown by punks and cowards. Any bitch can throw a blindside punch.
    His ass deserves to be the new belle of the ball in Unit C, Santa Rita..and something tells me that his dance card will be filled up.

• Silver-n-Smac

How is it a blind-side punch if he grabs him, throws him against a cabinet and THEN punches him?

That doesn’t really fall into the category of “blind-side” if you ask me.

• Norco Bob

Smac,..nice stats,..but bfd,..I go to every game, see it all up close,..its no accident we have the worst team in nfl this past 6 years,..including the lions,…you can spin it any way you like,..I still go to the games,..mainly to tailgate,..because from 1:00 to 4:00 it really sucks.

• Silver-n-Smac

I go to every game too. Do you want a prize or something?

Interesting why you couldn’t answer a simple question.

If you go to the games only to tailgate, why not go to a tailgate of a team you think you’d like more?

• Norco Bob

Wow,..nfl net talking about teams with qb controversies,..oakland not mentioned,..ridiculous,…russell playing due to salary, period, no other reason.

• Norco Bob

Well if I lived on the east coast I would go to Giants games, but I live here. I also got to a couple niner games a year,..going to see Tennessee and the Bears there this year.

• Silver-n-Smac

# 408RAIDER Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 4:06 pm

Richochet

dude please just kill your self… thanx..
    ************************

LOL. . .

Can you add Norco Bob & Brien the General to that?

(not literally of course, but, if y’all would just go hide in a bush somewhere, that would be great)

• SaintKaufman

Come on 909, you just have to repost each comment 8-9 times to get it to work. It’s pretty awesome for a BLOG!!!!!

• Norco Bob

Hey smac,..you feel this blog is only to say how great the team is doing?…you say you go to all the games like me,..you seeing something I dont?

• RaiderMario420

I wonder if this is the same Randy A Hanson who lives at 2828 Lemon Cmn, Livermore, CA 94551-9528?

• http://www.car.org KoolKell

Norco Bob Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 4:02 pm

Smac,..nice stats,..but bfd,..I go to every game, see it all up close,..
    _________________________

Narc Boob

No way a junkie like you from Sacramento goes to ANY games.

People who smoke dope all day, pop pills all day, drink alcohol all day, has any money, any job, no home, no woman.

Anybody with Raider season tickets, could not talk about the Raiders the way you do.

No, you’re a lonely, angry junkie, period.

• http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo249/the408RAIDER/749px-I-420svg.png 408RAIDER

new fix yall!

• Silver-n-Smac

# Norco Bob Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 4:09 pm

**********************

No, what I see is a team that has royally sucked about as bad as you could possible suck over a 6-year period.

But, I also see a team that has slowly but surely re-built itself with a strong nucleus of young talent.

And that talent is good enough to win them 7 to 9 games this year.

And by adding a couple more pieces along the front lines next year, they’ll be back in the playoffs.

That’s what I see.

If you can’t see any of that, then I don’t even know what more to say to you.

You’re sadly drowning yourself in negativity.

I’m not jumping up and down saying we’re going to the Championship game.

But, anyone that doesn’t think this team is on the right track simply doesn’t get it.

The Celtics went through a miserable 10 year stretch of futility.

What did they do a couple of years ago?

They won the NBA title.

So as a Raider fan, I choose to look at the big picture instead of living each day according to some internet blog.

• Richochet

Silver-n-Smac Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 4:02 pm

That doesn’t really fall into the category of “blind-side” if you ask me.
    ===========================================
    Considering it’s now reported he’s got a broken jaw, and either a broken cheekbone or eyesocket, and previous reports state the first punch was a blindside punch, I have no doubt it was as reported.

It’s not like Cable is stable, right?
    I mean, the guy attacked him not once, but twice.
    Got pulled off by assts. both times.
    Was heard stating “I’m going to kill you.”

Considering how much he totally lost it, it’s 100% reasonable he lost it, went berserk, and attacked.

Hell, lol..you can tell from his press conferences he doesn’t think very well on his feet..no doubt this was another one of those moments.

• dt_raiders

KoolKell Says:

——-

Touche’. How true. Just last wk I was thinking how we progress nicely compared to the Broncos & Chiefs and now this wk has thrown everything upside down.

• 4evaRaider

Just wait for the depositions

• Richochet

RaiderMario420 Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 4:10 pm
    ==============================
    If it is?

You’re in deep shit for posting it.

You don’t know that?

It’s against the law.

Maybe you and Cable should..you know..check on these things first??

• DKnight007

RaiderRockstar Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 2:48 pm
    if we replaced Cable with Kawakami we might as well replace Trask with Nancy Gay, Mark Davis with Jim Rome, Mike Taylor with Mike Shanahan and John Herrera with Tom Jackson!

^^^^^^^
    That’s hilarious….the “hater” bunch with no credibility!

• raidertbone

Prediction:
    Hanson will resign (and Al will probably pay him a good chunk to do it), Cable will receive a three-game suspension, Paul Hackett will lead the charges for the first three games, then Cable and Schilens both come back around week 4, and by week 6 we are either 3-3 or 4-2. Don’t worry … drink the kool-aid; haters; F-off!

• raidertbone

# Richochet Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 3:43 pm

Dakota Says:
    August 20th, 2009 at 2:29 pm
    Tom Cable attacks a man from behind like a coward, throws him into some cabinets, breaks his jaw and threatens to kill him…and he will walk.

Plaxico shoots himself in the leg, and he gets two years.

Why?

One is white, the other is black…welcome to America…
    —————-
    The race card is NEVER played by anyone..but a racist.
    ____________________________________________

I’m sorry, and what race is Donte Stallworth? Oh, and you say he killed a man? Oh, and he is just suspended without pay for one year and sent to prison for just a few days? I’m sorry Dakota, but you can take your racist rant and stuff it halfway up your Black Hills a$%!!

• Pingback: The RaiderCast | Raiders news keeps getting worse

• No More Infield or Trolls

Case has been dropped… Hey it smells like a Rack -o-sheet in here. Has anyone seen our little chardonay sipper latley? 31 practices missed so far for Crabgreed… He is shelved for the year… This might be one of those times where a player actually has a change of heart about his career direction… The world of fashion is calling!!!

• Pingback: Bay Area Sports Blog » Cap’n Cable’s ship is taking on water