By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Saturday, August 22nd, 2009 at 8:10 pm in Oakland Raiders.
SF–Delaney Walker 1-yard pass from Nate Davis (Walker pass from Huard), 14:57
SF_Alex Romero 28-yard field goal, 11:16
SF_Kory Sheets 5-yard run (Romero kicks PAT), 8:54.
Oak_Charlie Frye 14-yard run (Frye pass incomplete), 3:30
Getting in position to head down the field at the two-minute warning . . .
– Raiders take over at 23-yard-line with 2:20 remaining after forcing 49ers three-and-out, but on re-kick following 49ers penalty, Nick Miller fumbles the ball, with Reggie Smith recovering from San Francisco.
The 49ers take over, run one play, and the two-minute warning arrives with San Francisco at the Oakland 26.
– Brandon Myers makes another great catch, this one a 31-yard pass downfield from Frye under traffic to the 22. Frye finds Nick Miller for 14 yards to the 8.
Frye’s 13-yard scramble puts the Raiders at fourth-and-goal at the 1, but coach Tom Cable challenged the call, believing Frye had scored on the play. The successful challenge tacked on another yard and got the Raiders the touchdown.
To Cable’s credit, he went for two, but Frye threw one up for grabs and incomplete on the two-point conversion.
– Frye’s first pass is intercepted by Carlos Thomas, with Davis hitting Jason Hill to the 10-yard line on the first play following the turnover.
The 49ers convert at 8:54 with Sheets taking a toss to the right and scoring from the 5. Sheets has 34 yards on seven carries and the 49ers have rushed for 261.
– The 49ers drive 19 yards in six plays after McKillop interception, with Raiders holding and forcing a 19-yard field goal to tie the core.
– Gradkowski, after perfect 158.3 rating in third quarter (3-for-3, 44 yards, 1 TD), is picked on his first throw of the fourth quarter by Scott McKillop, giving 49ers the ball at the 29.
– Davis capped an 80-yard, 11-play drive with a 1-yard pass to Walker, then found Walker for the two-point conversion to bring the 49ers within 3.