NO_Lance Moore 5-yard pass from Drew Brees (John Carney kicks PAT), 13:53
NO_FG Carney 35, 5:09
NO_P.J. Hill 1-yard run (Carney kicks PAT), 1:21
– Raiders are booed off the field after Chris Johnson intercepted a Mark Brunell Hail Mary pass to end the half.
– JaMarcus Russell, Raiders take over at 29 with 1:15 left _ and Robert Gallery is called for holding.
After a couple of short completions, Russell sacked by Bobby McCray.
– Routine short pass from Mark Brunell to Robert Meachem goes for 71 yards to the 1-yard line at the 2-minute warning. Stanford Routt had coverage, Hiram Eugene missed a tackle somewhere near midfield.
Hill needs two carries from the 1 to score.
– Penalties and poor plays abound on both sides as half enters the last three minutes. Have no idea why fans are sticking around for this.
– The Saints recovered a Darren McFadden fumble, Paul Spicer returned it to the 6, only to have Mark Brunell throw an interception to Eugene in the end zone.
– The Saints backed their way out of another touchdown with a holding penalty and a pair of illegal formations, settling for Carney’s 35-yard field goal with 5:09 left.
The Saints twice had touchdowns negated by penalty.
The biggest play in a 57-yard drive was a 31-yard richly deserved pass interference penalty on Routt, who never turned around as Lance Moore broke open.
– Rough day for Louis Murphy, can’t hold a pair of third down passes from Russell, one in which Russell broke free and found him for a potential first down. The drop forced a punt.
– Brunell replaces Brees and the result? Three-and-out for New Orleans.
– New Orleans opened the quarter just as it ended it, driving through the Raiders defense to finish a 78-yard, 11-play drive.