By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, September 20th, 2009 at 12:31 pm in Oakland Raiders.
Notes from my living room (working at home today):
– Raiders have zero business being ahead in this game.
– Another Oakland three-and-out _ this one from their own 20. Russell fortunate when he throws up ill-advised lob on third down while pressured by safety Mike Brown. Somehow Zach Miller was in the area and couldn’t hold it.
Raiders can’t run and are doing nothing right in the passing game.
– Chiefs hurting themselves with penalties and drops, punt barely rolls in the end zone. This game is just waiting for the Raiders to seize control.
– Janikowski just loves Arrowhead. He converts turnover into three points and a 6-3 lead with a 54-yard field goal. He’s 22-for-25 lifetime and hasn’t missed in Kansas City since 2002.
Raiders can only go 13 yards with a single first down following Huff interception. Russell misses Louis Murphy in end zone, fires out of bounds to Heyward-Bey. He’s 2-for-13 throwing to wide receivers one week after going 3-for-18 to wideouts _ 5-for-31. Yecch.
– Huff derails promising Chiefs opening drive in second half by reading Matt Cassel and intercepting pass intended for slot receiver Sean Ryan, giving Raiders at the 49. Huff read it beautifully, arriving with perfect timing.