Holland promoted, will return kickoffs

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Friday, September 25th, 2009 at 12:36 pm in Oakland Raiders.

The Raiders will sign Jonathan Holland to their 53-man roster and he will replace Louis Rankin on kickoff returns against Denver, coach Tom Cable said following practice Friday.

Wide receiver Johnnie Lee Higgins made it through practice without limitations, is listed as probable, and will return punts.

No word on who will be released to make room for Holland, a former receiver who will have a role as an extra defensive back.

One candidate is Rankin, who the Raiders could return to the practice squad should he clear waivers. With Cable already saying Justin Fargas will be active, Rankin would likely be inactive anyway.

More to come . . .

• Frank YoooooooLLL

one

• Frank YoooooooLLL

1st again

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

See you all this weekend against the Bronco’s. Have an excellent weekend.

I will be at Gov’t Mule Friday and Saturday, come find me and I will buy you a beer…

• Teabag

Great, so this means Fargas will get 15+ mindless carries…. GIVE IT TO BUSH JEESUS

• Frank YoooooooLLL

Jafatboy is too big, it takes forever for the running plays to develope by the time he gets the snap and waddles back to handoff. By that time the defense has a sandwich and then get the back for a loss or no gain

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

OG

Will you be in the house on Fri or Sat?

KoolKell Says:
    September 25th, 2009 at 12:38 pm
    Why does Bey get to play, and Walker not?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Because Walker is black.

Raiders finished 6th and 10th in rushing last 2 years.Jmac can hand-off

• Kirk

A smart team would release Fargas amd Walker.

We really are the dumbest team in football.

• Raider Headbutt

wow it got slow in the blog all of a sudden whats with that?

I know the reason DHB is starting is mostly about money. But at the same time, we need to win some games, but the best guys out there and lets win. especially against a division rival. He is gonna make his money regardless but its better for the team if the best receivers are out there.

Kirk…thats the team on the OTHER SIDE of da bey

• 4evaRaider

I went out to cook cheeeeeeseburgers on da grill Headbutt!!!

• 4evaRaider

with the big buns grilled 2!!! I made 1 4me,1 4G/F,1 4my pitt and I got an extra 4whoever wants it!!!

• Raider Headbutt

Well that is a valid reason then 4eva lol

Yep Dogg!!!

Hoe are YOU????

Been on the agua!?!?!?!

Wish I could sail away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the clocks are bieng 4:20 again

4evaRaider Says:
    September 25th, 2009 at 1:22 pm
    Yep Dogg!!!

Hoe are YOU????

Been on the agua!?!?!?!

Wish I could sail away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Richochet

RaiderRockstar Says:
    September 25th, 2009 at 10:02 am
    Speaking of horrible fan base..

***

Richochet: you’re a part of it, otherwise you wouldn’t be here.

any non-Raider fan who spends all day here must have a mental disorder or seriously has no life nor pride in their own football team
    ——————————
    It’s like watching a train wreck.

Or getting a notice 5 months in advance of impending crash and burn.

Even though all those around the subject swear it’s not going to happen, in your heart you just know it is.
    Watching those who spouted off MONTH AFTER MONTH AFTER MONTH eat their words, it’s almost like getting a free cone walking by the local Baskin Robbins…you know you shouldn’t, but you just can’t resist.

Besides, serving up crow can be quite satisfying :)

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

That’s my boy 4eva, always grilling something and sipping on a cocktail, daquiri stylee.

• Raider Headbutt

I would take the burger but I live a little far, just give mine to the pitt, treat him well cuz i cant have a pitt here :(

• Richochet

raidertay Says:
    September 25th, 2009 at 11:48 am
    Can you imagine if Crabtree was drafted by the Raiders and didnt sign. The media would have went to town on Al.

==========
    Wouldn’t have happened, TayTay.
    First off Crab wanted #1 WR money. He knows, Bey knows, the whole world knows he’s twice..oh hell..he’s 10 times the receiver Bey is…so he would have signed.
    Except, of course, he wanted nothing to do with the Raiders.

But, hey, let’s say you did draft him..because it’s the Raiders he would have held out for #1 money, AND AL WOULD HAVE PAID IT..would have had to take out ANOTHER LOAN..but..I’m sure his credit is good :)

(that last loan? For those 5 FA’s?? text book on how NOT to spend 50 million, lol_

• Raidervill

Anyone see the Greatest 4th Quarters on NFL Network last night? They replayed the entire 4Q of the Oak/Den game from the ’93 season. Raiders had to win to get in the playoffs and Hoss led them back from two 17 point deficits to beat Elway’s Donkeys. Pass to A Wright in the end zone with no time left…one my all-time fave Raider moments. Good sign for Sunday?

I believe Timmy had 11 catches for 160 plus yards and 2 TD’s to beat Elway & Co. that day. Started his reign as the top WR in the AFC for three straight years. They can use this game as his signature for his HOF career…which he darn well is.

One Nation Baby…

• Richochet

RaiderRon Says:
    September 25th, 2009 at 11:21 am
    Fact is the Raiders are paying big dough for nothing the 49ers arent. 49ers have moved on and are playing well. Tell you one thing, when Chaz comes back and DHB dznt go to the bench this whole thing is a crock. Murphy is doing a good job and should be playing over Bey.
    ================
    RR is a wise man.
    It’s true.
    Niners didn’t cower and pay. Yeah, they need him/want him but they didn’t set a precedent that would bite them in the ass later..
    Bey? Guy has pocketed 800,000 dollars so far…FOR ONE CATCH.
    I want his job.

man you have 2 scroll up wtfffffffffffffffffffffffff

Dogg crops are coming in tis the season.Not 2 many daquiris till the last crop in is

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

4eva

I’ve been busy working, getting sh1t done before this big weekend. I am going to a concert on Friday and Saturday, then the Raider game on Sunday. I have been waiting for this weekend since June!

• Richochet

LMAO..YOU MORON. You post a link to a silly poll down by a GROUP ON NOBODY BLOGGERS???

Are you honestly THIS STUPID??

Well, congrats, Dadorka, the Raiders rock on sizzling hotdogs, and goofy stupid costumes. Way to go.

But as far as FANBASE?
    As far as SUPPORTING YOUR TEAM?
    As far as showing up, WIN OR LOSE??

THE RAIDERS ARE DEAD LAST.
    NO TEAMS FANS ARE WORSE AT SUPPORTING THEIR TEAM THAN THE RAIDERS.
    Second smallest stadium IN THE NFL, and you still can’t sell out every game…Oh..AND THAT’S AFTER THE RAIDERS TOOK OVER TICKET SALES, and dropped the prices of a ton of them to a low of $27.00..YEAH..TWENTY SEVEN BUCKS..and the Raiders still had trouble selling out.

Now, the question to you is..you ever get tired of setting me up..to laugh at you?

—————–
    Dakota Says:
    September 25th, 2009 at 10:20 am
    Richochet,

According to a study by ESPN just a few months ago, the Oakland Raider fan base was ranked 9th based on a study using the following factors:

-Stadium factor (St.): Loud? Great atmosphere?

• Live and die factor (LDF): Fans take loss hard? (That’s a good thing.)

• Traveling road show factor (Travel): Big presence in other guys’ stadium?

• Loyalty when team sucks (Loyal): You score points with us if you stick with a loser.

• Hate factor (Hate): Other teams’ fans dislike your fans? (Hate is good in our book.)

• Tailgate factor (TG): Home tailgates sizzling or stale?

• Home fans’ creativity (CF): Wacky ideas … or not?

A rating of 1 is great, 5 the worst.

The Raider fans scored as follows:

St. 2 LDF 2 Travel 2 Loyal 3 Hate 1 TG 1 CF 5 TOTAL 16

Don’t you ever get tired of making a fool of yourself in here?

Man Headbutt that sucks Bro

The number one culprit of dog-bites in the U.S.???

Poodles

Why O WHY is there such discrimination in the canine world???

Canine sobriety…Is it an issue??? =)

• Richochet

RaiderDogg Says:
    September 25th, 2009 at 1:33 pm
    4eva

==========
    Your Miley Cyrus tickets came in?

Awesome. I know you’ve been waiting for them.

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

4eva

Today is harvest day up here too, at least the outdo. I love this time of year!

• Raider Headbutt

I live in Ontario Canada and all the pitts need to be fixed by law and its illegal to breed them and everything its brutal man.

• Stabler76

A win against Denver (and a SD loss to Miami) would put the Raiders in 1st place in the division!

C’mon Raiders– first place.

I want to see the D hitting like they did in game 1.

• Richochet

4evaRaider Says:
    September 25th, 2009 at 1:22 pm
    Yep Dogg!!!

Hoe are YOU????

Been on the agua!?!?!?!

Wish I could sail away!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ============
    LMFAO..I can just see you two geeks…pair of dockers on…top siders.
    Honestly, is there anything more boring than sailing?
    Seriously..no BS.
    Sitting there..doing nothing…across the bay.. turn around, come back. Turn around..sit..stare..etc etc.
    Have powerboats, jet ski’s, etc..but damn, went sailing twice, and both times felt brain dead sitting there.

HEY?? that could be why?

As well, every single sailor that I knew..was almost effiminent..meek…wimpish.

Hit home a little?
    Just curious.

• Raider Headbutt

I can see SD losing to Miami after watching them on the monday nigher, Ronnie Brown is a beast

• 4evaRaider

Yes DoGG I remember the posts…Are you taking jr. with you this time!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?

• Raider E

You guys do know that Richochet is a Raiders fan don’t you. The same cynical, bad mouthing, frustrated fan my dad is. I have heard the same rant for 30 yearsand it really is humerous.This attitude is what makes life good for them and that is o.k.

• Raider NaShaun

Why did we possibly cut Justin Miller??????

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

4eva

I wish I was taking jr, I know he would dig it the most. His mother, on the other hand, has a completely different opinion. Next year will be the year he gets to go to his first Raider game! I have the SD game still on DVR and he keeps rewinding the Louis Murphy catch at the end. He jumps up and down and yells “Touchdown Raiders!”

He has been to a few outdoor concerts in his day, not bad for a 3 year old.

• 4evaRaider

Dogg you taking the lil Dogg this time???!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

post 38 2 trash bin

• Raider E

Turf Toe, plus he sucks!!!!

• 4evaRaider

Well Dogg wish I could be at Govt.mule 2…sounds like a blast something I would really enjoy…Drink a drink 4me and you prolly run in 2 the 408…thats his thang 2 =)

• Plunketthead

Raiderville####

I was at that game. It was in 95. The day after New Years. I almost left in the third quarter. That was wild in the barrio.

• JB

Let’s not lose Louis Rankin. If he goes on the practice squad, he will not clear waivers. Someone will pick him up. We certainly have a number of people on the active 53 that could easily clear waivers (i.e. nobody wants them under any circumstances). I predict Rankin will be our Sproules and become a large contributor for us in the future.

If we moved DMac to WR, where I believe he really belongs, our RB corps would become Bush, Fargas & Rankin – not necessarily in that order. I’d let Bush start with Fargas in the 1st half to beat the opposition up and then come in with Bush & Rankin in the 2nd half to finish them off. DMac has good hands with outstanding speed. Coming out of the slot, he’d truly be a home run hitter on a fairly regular basis. He could become our Brandon Stokley “go-to” guy and that’s not all bad. As a runner, DMac is not suited for running between the tackles. He simply runs to tall and goes down too easily. Let’s use him where he can do us the most good. A WR group of Schillens, Bey, DMac, Miller & Meyers would scare any DC trying to plan for a defensive scheme. We need to use our talent where they can have the most impact. We also need a QB that can hit an open receiver or in this example 5 opens receivers should increase JaBeefRoll’s chance of hitting someone when he throws the ball. 5 pair of hands – you’d hope he’d be able to hit someone.

• Richochet

Raider E Says:
    September 25th, 2009 at 1:44 pm
    ————
    Interesting.
    It’s like Custer telling the Indians, at little Big Horn “you guys are US Calvary fans, aren’t you?”

Yeah, we laugh..we point fingers..we revel in the agony you feel. We, for some odd reason, get glee in seeing the year after year pratfall that the Raiders have become..all because we “are Raider fans”.
    We fall down, laughing our ass off, after yet another crash and burn..because “we’re Raider fans”.
    We also can’t stop laughing at Raider fans all off season, with prediction after prediction of glory, only to see them ALL TURN TAIL AFTER GAME ONE..SAYING “I CAN’T BELIEVE HOW BADLY WE SUCK”..uh…oh yeah..because “we’re Raider fans”.
    We laugh at how inept the fans are at supporting their team, where TO THEM wearing a stinky old hand me down t shirt with a faded dude with an eye patch on it is all that they believe is needed to be a “fan”..well…according to you..is because “we’re a raider fan”.
    We laugh along at all of the jokes about Raider fan, on pretty much any/every show, where the Raiders, and they’re fans are the butt of most jokes..well, hell..must be because “we’re Raider fans”.
    That quarter century of futility..oh..that quarter century PLUS of futility? We laugh at that because..>YEP..we’re “raider fans”

Didn’t think it was so obvious on how…well…you know…just LOVE THOSE RAIDERS :)

How could we not? lol…MORON!!

• 4evaRaider

HARD-AZZ NUGGETS…How I luv them =)!!!

• Raider E

Sailing? Like popeye?

MAN-O-MAN………

THAT IS ONE JELOUS DUDE

• Silver-n-Smac

Richonuts:

You really ARE the least intelligent piece of doo doo in here.

You generally have nothing to say, despite how smart you try and act. Your act is so shallow.

Give it up dude.

The diatribe you posted the other day about the Frank Gore having more yards than all the Raider runners combined???

That was a perfect example of your ineptitude.

• UP LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEER

THIS IS FROM KIRK MORRISONS TWITTER
    =============================================
    kirkmorrison52Today I’m answering questions from my fans on my website at 4pm pacific

• Raider E