By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, September 27th, 2009 at 3:56 pm in Oakland Raiders.
Den_Matt Prater 23-yard field goal, 11:57
– Broncos take over on downs with 3:22 left. Going downstairs.
– Raiders take over at own 24 with 5:28 to play and 112 yards of total offense. You know what the fans had to say about that.
Russell runs 15 yards for a first down and gets some cheers. Then . . . false start, Erik Pears.
– Raiders take over at own 20 and go three-and-out, three incompletions, Russell getting more off target as game goes on. Afraid one last-ditch drive won’t do it here.
Raiders take over with 8:13 after forcing Denver’s first punt of the game. Boos greet Russell and the offense.
– Broncos take possession at the 49 and start the long process of running out the clock. They go three-and-out with two incomplete passes.
– Fights breaking out in the stands, fans led away in cuffs. They won’t have to watch. Raiders drive ends with Russell being sacked with Elvis Dumervill coming hard up the middle.
– Broncos drove 88-yards in 16 plays before settling for an 23-yard Prater field goal. The Raiders are giving way too much ground, doing well enough near the end zone to keep the score from getting even worse.
The 16-play drive took 8:08 off the clock, allowing the defense to stay on the field in the heat while Russell and the offense stay cold on the sideline.
Broncos have outrushed the Raiders 196-63 with 11:57 left in the game.