By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, September 27th, 2009 at 2:39 pm in Oakland Raiders.
Oak_Sebastian Janikowski 48-yard field goal, 6:37
Den_Matt Prater 21-yard field goal, 1:09
– The Raiders lost a shot at a 61-yard field goal attempt at the end of the half when replay officials ruled (correctly, it appears) that Zach Miller had one foot on the sideline when he caught a 28-yard pass from JaMarcus Russell.
– Denver drove 76 yards but had to settle for Prater’s 21-yard field goal when Michael Huff broke up a thrid-and-goal pass to Eddie Royal at the goal line.
The Broncos had a first down at the 3, but Richard Seymour stuffed Knowshon Moreno for no gain on first down, with Kyle Orton throwing incomplete to Peyton Hills with Tyron Branch in coverage on second down.
Leading up to the stand, the Raiders were far too forgiving in the middle, with Jabar Gaffney catching 15- and 14-yard passes from Orton.
– Russell had completions of 18 yards to Louis Murphy for a first down and a 12-yard pass to Zach Miller on third-and-16 which was enough to set up Janikowski for a 48-yard field goal.
Raiders did some good things with the run, but lost momentum when a McFadden fumble resulted in a six-yard loss, with Miller recovering.
– Jonathan Holland stuffed at his own 14-yard line. Offensive booed as it takes the field.
– Continual updates available on my Twitter page.