Gallery coming along

Robert Gallery came in to the locker room on crutches, a bandage over a scar on his left leg where doctors inserted a steel plate and screws to repair a broken fibula.

He conceded he won’t play this week, but wouldn’t rule out next week.

He’s got the team’s medical staff to do that for him.

“They had to go through a bunch of muscle to get in there, but it’s not out of the question,” Gallery said. “ So it’s just when I can get moving around and obviously that bone is not a lot of weight bearing so that helps. Pretty much week to week, what they said. This week’s pretty much out, but I don’t think you can count out next week. But you never know. We won’t know until the end of the week.”

Will have updates from minimal locker room availability as well as Tom Cable’s press briefing (2 p.m. on the West Coast) later as well as updates on my Twitter page.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• LA to TheBay

S&B

I’d rather use McFadden as we all envision him being used as opposed to the way he’s been used recently.

We all forget that the guy is playing with steel toes in his cleats. Maybe why he’s not as explosive as we thought.

• Richochet

RaiderDogg Says:
    September 28th, 2009 at 2:35 pm
    I was at the game yesterday. What I heard were several classless idiots chanting Russell Sucks at times when it didn’t even apply. Like when a blitzer came right through the line untouched for a sack and people chant “Russell Sucks”? They just looked like a bunch of idiots that don’t know sh1t about the game of football.

Richochet: awww…widdle waiderdoggy? You had to endure listening to your hero get booed? “classless idiots”? moron..they played good money to watch JaBlubberButt stink the place up.
    And how precious are you to think that there’s an appropriate time to chant? See, ANY TIME to tell a piece of crappola that he stinks is pretty much a good time.
    =========================

Does Russell suck? Maybe, maybe not. I know that I have seen him play much better than he has been. Even if he does suck, show some class. It was embarassing and basically sickening.

Richochet: Oh shut up, you whining little tool. Class would have been for Russell to state “game was on me” or “no, I’m not happy with where I am as a qb”. Instead he blames everyone but himself.

And saying ‘Does he suck? Maybe, maybe not.” MAYBE NOT? You’re a wuss, not to mention sorry. Like it or not, he’s the worst qb in the league. uH…MORON??? that means HE SUCKS!!
    ————————————-

Do you think hearing that makes ANYONE want to play for the Raider Nation fan base? I had to witness Louis Murphy telling the fans in the Black Hole to shut up and support their team. I paid a lot of money to be there and I was pissed too but I guess I am old school. BTW I didn’t hear any McFadden sucks chants yesterday, how many fumbles did he have? He sure SUCKED yesterday. I guess if Russell ever gets better McFadden will be next in line as scapegoat. I know a lot of the play calling sucked too. Open your eyes wider people, it isn’t all Russell.

Richochet: Again..aren’t you just so sweet? ‘poor widdle JR. quit picking on him. He’s my hero. Don’t hurt his feelings”
    Here’s a tidbit for you. Fans have watched Russell suck for THREE WEEKS STRAIGHT. Booing everyone takes away from the message of “YOUR ACT IS OLD, RUSSELL. YOU ACTING LIKE A BLASE’ PRIMA DONNA IS OLD. YOU THROWING PLAYERS UNDER THE BUS IS OLD. YOU BLAMING EVERYONE BUT YOURSELF IS OLD.”
    =============================

The bottom line is I am not an apologist for any team member, I just think people need to sack up or stay home.

Richochet: LMAO..not an apologist? YOU’RE BEGGING EVERYONE TO QUIT CALLING OUT RUSSELL. What do you call it? Besides hanging on his sac, that is?
    Oh..and you want “everyone to sack up, or stay home”?? lol..sure, weenie, just because you say so.
    Everyone should just pay their good money..and what? POLITELY CLAP AT THE EFFORT?? Oh..I know..cheer that Russell actually gets to the huddle without stopping a hotdog vendor?
    hey, I know..maybe YOU should stay home..with your poster, and your JaJabbathebigButt poster and his bobblehead doll?
    ===========

BTW that was the worst game that I have ever attended and the officiating also had much to do with that. I have never seen anything like it and I know that I am not just Oliver Stone Jr here. There were sooo many bad calls, as well as several missed ones, that I saw live, in person with my own eyes. I know I wasn’t hallucinating because everyone around me saw it as well.

Richochet: ahhh..got it…WAS THE REF’S FAULT THAT RUSSELL HAD A 22 RATING??

Let’s summerize your post, cupcake. You think everyone should treat JR like a fragile child..don’t boo..politely watch..and if that fails, blame the refs?

Good one, cupcake.

• SnB offense defense specialteams

This team will need to seriously consider bringing in Michael Vick next year.

Because of the antique offense THEY run….you need someone who can improvise on the fly…draw a play in the dirt and use his legs when the receivers disappear

• DKnight007

Start Bush and RB and put DMC as the slot and change of pace RB…it will cause matchup problems for defenses.

I’m tired of this UNCREATIVE, CRAP, PREDICTABLE GAME PLANNING, SCHEMING AND OFFENSIVE PLAY CALLING!

Tired of this crap….thank god

• Raider Headbutt

alright se we are going to have a top 5 pick next year so what do we go for? and don’t say its too early because im predicting 4 wins at max for us, which puts us down there with the lions, rams, browns.

• DKnight007

Thank god I’m not a season ticket holder anymore!!

My season tickets left when Gruden left! Thank christ!

• exlaraiderseasonticketholder

I was hoping that ther Raiders were going to make it worthwhile for me to go to watch them in Cleveland on Dec. 27th. Went online and tickets can be had for 70% of face value. Still don’t know whether to drive the 2 hours in the winter to the game.

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

Guys, I’m officially done responding to Brien/NorcoBob. Never again. Permanent ignore status. I don’t know why you guys bother, but soon you’ll learn to ignore him, too.

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Heyward-Bey is a joke

Tom Cable is a joke!!!! His playcalling is a joke!!!!!

But it all rests on the feet of Al Davis

• Raider Headbutt

SnB ok so what about the later picks we have had, how many turned out lets compare.

• Nnamdi21

Apparently this team is too stupid to do anything other than the basics.

Very young team but COME ON!!! Sure its Al Davis man on man football but its still FOOTBALL!!!

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

I would like to see us pay a little more attention to the intellectual side of scouting draft picks and free agents.

Seriously, when a guy can barely string together a sentence, he should not be the starting QB. That might be okay for RBs and WRs, but you can’t have half-wits playing MLB, C, or QB.

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Quite frankly, until Al Davis hires a competent coach and allows said coach to have full control of his job…this will continue as it has for the last 24 years.

Michael Vick will at least provide some excitement

• 860Todd Christensen

Funny how no-one in here for the past 2 days has made a comment about the collapse of the O-line yesterday? Too many people out for JR’s head. The reason we didn’t run the ball was because there where NO holes? We had 9 first downs for the game. Who was protecting the QB? The RB’s? Only time JR had time to throw was out of shotgun, and damn little of it! Our recievers do not know how to seperate, or when. They do not see the line collapse and the QB trying to get the ball to them, we as a team were not prepared to play yesterday. Our D had some fine moments, but were on the field way too long! Maybe film will wake some people up.

• beeecham

Hey, it’s that silly little English kid Albert Bigelow! He must be finished playing “Let’s give eachother ponytails” with his nanny and demanded to blog.

Albert, I’m guessing you only have a few minutes to play before your daddy demands you go on a grand goose hunting adventure with him.

I recommend you don’t spend too much time sucking up to Brian the Genital. He’ll sell you a lifetime subscription to Vogue and have you wearing a gurdle by the time your mother finishes bathing you tonight.

Remember, lil Al – this is not Gwenyth Paltrow’s website you’re on anymore.

• http://http://www.mensa.org/ Sanitation Officer Albert Bigelow Paine

Beeecham, contrary to what you believe, I am not a pre-teen. But, I really hope you are. The sort of sophomoric drivel you continue to spew could only come from a slightly retarded 14 yr old boy. If, by chance, you are an adult, that would just be utterly pathetic.

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Nnamdi21 Says:
    September 28th, 2009 at 3:24 pm
    Apparently this team is too stupid to do anything other than the basics.

======================================================
    If you are going to play man on man streetball…then get a bunch of improvisers that can move on the fly.

QB = Vick
    RB = Bush and draft pick
    WR = Schilens
    WR = Murphy
    WR = JLH
    TE = Miller
    FB = O’Neal

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Raider Headbutt Says:
    September 28th, 2009 at 3:20 pm
    =====================================================
    Trade it! Trade for lower picks.

Did you see my list of recent 1st and 2nd round busts since 1999? 19 players have busted in the last 10 years!!!!!!

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

RaiderDogg, the rush to blame Russell is part defense of Al, part racism. I base my racism accusation on the ad-hominem attacks on JaMarcus, his accent, etc.

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Davis needs to give the playcalling to Tollner. Cable is amateur hour.. Said it last year

The Raiders need Michael Vick because the team is listless and the game plan is a joke.

Only a guy like Vick could make the improvisation necessary to make this garbage work

• beeecham

Albert, who said anything about you being a pre-teen? I think we all realize you’re most likely a 43 year old man-goof living in his parent’s castle in London.

See lil Albert, though you’ve been sheltered your whole life and only attended the best boarding schools, you’re still a young lad inside. There’s a name for it here in the States, but it would only confuse you if I were to explain. All I’ll say is it rhymes with “returd”.

Anyway, I’m glad you and your bobby socks and big lollipop decided to pay us dudes a visit on the blog today.

Even if you do have your afternoon pony ride happening shortly.

• http://i380.photobucket.com/albums/oo249/the408RAIDER/749px-I-420svg.png 408RAIDER

Ftw. I hate the donkeys so much and my guys just lay it down in our own casa even. Is it just me or does russell remind any 1 of mark wilson. I hated that guy.

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

860Todd,

I agree that the RBs didn’t have a chance yesterday, but Russell often had plenty of time to throw…he just failed even when he had time.

We need Cable back coaching the o-line and we need a legit coach that can fix this…

What a mess.

• http://www.car.org KoolKell

I guess Seymour has appropriately lowered his standards to the Raiders standards. Get out, bro.

Rich Gannon-gate was sorry, sad.

Al Davis is the Worst, they need him gone and the building fumigated.

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Dakota Says:
    September 28th, 2009 at 3:36 pm
    Why the Seymour hate already? he looked to be playing hard yesterday…sure he pulled some hair, sfw?
    ======================================================
    What did he do to alleviate the 200+ yds rushing.

Time to call a spade a spade! This entire team is garbage. The players lack discipline and intelligence. I was as patient as they come….my patience has run out.

Russell is a joke

McFadden should be CUT immediately

Heyward-Bey is “maybe” a 5th round pick

The OLine and DLine is a joke

Cable is amateur hour

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

Oh and mcfumble needs to back up bush

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

Fear not…the NBA season shall soon begin!!!!

• 860Todd Christensen

Dakota, we really need C, and right side help, we are getting beaten every time. We have good RB’s, they don’t have time to recieve the ball and their hit. Just look at those fumbles. That’s junior high stuff.

• 860Todd Christensen

Lol at NBA, Go Celts!

• Richochet

The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    September 28th, 2009 at 3:22 pm
    ============
    LMFAO..dude..you don’t get it.
    It’s childish, not to mention weak, to ask for support.
    What the hell is it with you and your snivel-fest?

“Guys..so and so just said..”
    “Guys..don’t reply to so and so”
    “Guys,..I’m having such a hissyfit”

One day you’re whining about everything. Next day a lobotomy and you love everyone..then you hate a player, then you can’t believe any could ever dis the same guy you just dissed for a week.
    You menopausing on us, Mama’s boy?

BTW..how’s your new Russell jersey? LMFAO that you made a point of telling everyone “After KC Russell sold me. He came back at the end. That shows me he’s going to be a super star. I’m going to Sac today, with my Mom, to get a new jersey”

All you need now is a little pat on the head..and a “good boy, goofus”.

Let me be the first..”good boy, Goofus”.

There..don’t you feel better?

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

860,

It is junior high stuff…that is the caliber of our HC. Should we be surprised by the results?

And whats up with the presser fix

• 860Todd Christensen

we spent a little to help the D, let’s spend a little to help our Franchise 32 million dollar QB?

• Plunketthead

It was one year ago to the day that Kiff gave Al the middle finger with a 70 yard field goal try.

• Raider Headbutt

We should just out right stop drafting skill players and build inside out from now on. If you have a dominant O Line you can have an average QB and still put up points.

If we have a good D line natural pressure will happen for the D and we dont have to blits or lbs because we never do anyway.

Im telling you, if we can start drafting from the inside out, thats the onlt way we have a chance to rebuild this team, not by adding decoys and toys for Al

• LA to TheBay

“The Raiders are forcing Bey on the offense. They seem to start every game trying to get Bey involved. To no avail and a slow start.”

This absolutely true and needs to stop.

Like I said before, it’s like Cable’s playing Madden out there and wondering why he can’t have Russell lob it for 50 every time he drops back.

• JB

# Dakota Says:
    September 28th, 2009 at 3:25 pm

*******************************
    I totally agree! Dumbschits need NOT apply even if their 40 yd sprint time is great.

• Crimedog

SnB you really went off the deep end after this loss. Everyone is acting like we were some super bowl ready team that is off to a horrible start. What did you guys expect this year? We’re gonna be a competitive team by the middle of the year that will upset a few teams and lose some games that we should have won. Somewhere in the 6-7 win area. Just be patient. McFadden does not need to be cut. If that happened, I guarantee you there would be a lot of good teams waiting to pick him up.

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

SnB, Cable just needs to have the balls to run the team. That’s what Gruden did. That’s what Kiffin was set on doing. You’re going to be fired anyway. You’re going to be scapegoated anyway. So you’d might as well take charge. It just takes a small street degree. What happens is that Davis will get into the ear of guys like Cable and Turner and try to sell them on the notion that they’ll be the next John Madden. That the Raiders will win again, and they’ll be along for the whole ride, if they just work with Al and not try to take over the team. Of course, the obvious catch is that they will not win because Al is crazy and has no idea what he’d doing anymore in regards to football operations. But guys like Cable and Shell and Turner have nowhere else to go. So, they really have no choice but to believe Al. Where is Cable if he’s not head coach of the Raiders? On a sled somewhere. Kiffin knew he’d have something elsewhere because of his dad. Same with Gruden. They had the capital to martyr themselves. Cable’s next stop after Oakland is bagging groceries at Safeway, and he knows it. So when Al tells him,, “stick with me. It’s going to happen. We’re going to be huge, you and me”. After week one, I thought Cable was coming around to it but obviously he’s not.

• UP LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEER

IM STILL SCRATCHING MY HEAD OVER TURDELL SANDS BEING SIGNED BY NEW ENGLAND.

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

Anyone hearing anything about Davis being broke, and the reason for him not planning any big events for his 80th bday was due to this (he said it was out of respect for the economy and not showing off, etc)? Also that he’s trying to sell even more of the team to gain working capital? If that’s true, the Raiders won’t exist anymore. Think the NFL is going to bail Al Davis out if he can no longer afford to run the team financially?

• http://i41.tinypic.com/eb53t3.jpg Lynn from Snot

Tyvon Branch was the bright spot Sunday

• 24

So what the heck are we going to do with Jamarcus Russell? Whats going on?

• SnB offense defense specialteams

McFadden needs to be cut…outright. Michael Bush is a FAR better option than McFadden. He gets paid too much to be a 3rd down back…and he isn’t even good at that! He’s not very explosive and that 40x doesn’t translate to the field. His catching ability is marginal and the guy just doesn’t make plays of note.

You need to give Michael Bush the ball 25x and let him wear down the opponent. Like Mike Singletary (a real competent leader of men) does with his offense.

• SnB offense defense specialteams

24 Says:
    September 28th, 2009 at 3:47 pm
    So what the heck are we going to do with Jamarcus Russell? Whats going on?
    =======================================================
    Since the Raiders paid $60M for the guy. Might as well see what he can do with Schilens in the lineup. If he fails there then I would CUT him outright too.

Trade for Michael Vick and let him improvise

• 24

I really believe Javon Walker needs to be out there. Hes been there, done that and we need to see if he can be a more reliable option at this stage. No?

• 90210

I told y’all that this f’n fat boy will be a BUST should of gone with our real need RECIEVER which would of given us Calvin Johnson! Then wait and could of picked up Flacco or sh!t why not Ryan but NOOOOOOo this old senile goat fell in love with the big arm and one that one good game he had agaist a horrible Notre Dame defence. JaFATs0 is a BUST!

• 90210

schilens is a BUST as well!

• UP LOCOMOTIVE ENGINEER

HEY 24

JAVON WALKER IS GETTING THE MARCUS ALLEN TREATMENT HE IS HEALTHY AND AL IS MAKING HIM STAND THERE.