Gannon’s response

Here’s how Rich Gannon responded to the Raiders saying he was no longer welcome in Alameda and their unsuccessful attempt to have him removed from the broadcast booth:

“Let me just say this. I tried to take the high road on that situation,” Gannon said on his Sirius Satellite Radio show. “It was unfortunate and it is what it is. I will say this: I really feel like the organization should care less about who is broadcasting the games and more about the product on the field and putting people in the stands. I think that’s the bottom line. I wish, certainly, the Raiders well. But it is frustrating to watch the team right now.”

What a grouch. The guy couldn’t find a single positive thing to say about that 23-3 loss to Denver.

Of course, if Gannon and CBS wish to avoid the whole situation in the future, they’ll make sure he doesn’t do any more Raiders games.

The fact that Gannon couldn’t catch a flight and missed the production meeting Saturday is a hint maybe the Raiders are getting their way on this through John Herrera’s public appeal. When has Gannon ever been late for anything?

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Plunketthead

Hasnt Al been telling the media and fans to kiss his arse for about 40 years?

860Todd Christensen Says:
    September 29th, 2009 at 6:25 pm
    I think I have an answer to all our problems.
    We change out the window from Al’s box, and insert a HD screen, instead. When Al rings out to Cable, throw the bomb, a tech brings up vintage footage of old Raiders games, Al is happy, but the coach calls the actual plays. We march down the field, Al see’s his TD, and everyone is happy. Better than the projector, and smiles all around!
    =======================================================
    LOL! LOL! and have Tracinda doing the voice over with Autumn Wind playing on low volume in the background

• SnB offense defense specialteams

If Russell fails folks….that’s it for Oakland for another 2 to 5 yrs.

• 860Todd Christensen

Kell, Vegas, you have been here long enough to know, We Do NOT have a protecting O-line, they try, but we have NOT have a smash-mouth, knock you on your butt, open up holes O-line in many years. Our patching up, cover this, cover that, O-line does not infuse confidence in the QB, RB, or anyone else. Where did we begin to believe we were going to fool anyone else? Donkies had our number, turned us over and spanked us, we deserved it, should be a wake up call. No, we blame Shell. I can only hope this team has learned a lesson from this game, the Donkies are going to be tested for where they are really at for the next 5 games, so are the Raiders, Forget the last three, Lets see how we answer the next 5, then form an opinion. Agree?

860,

The O-LIne is a result of swapping out coaches and coaching philosophy every 1.8 years.

Turner and Shell favored the smashmouth power blocking.

Kiffin, and by extension Cable favor this Zone Blocking System.

Well, you have to draft for the system. But when your team doesn’t want to spend high draft picks on O-Lineman AND you replace the lineman you had there before because they don’t fit….your only option is free agents. Well, just like QBs, teams rarely give up good lineman.

So here we are!

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

# Plunketthead Says:
    September 29th, 2009 at 6:40 pm

Hasnt Al been telling the media and fans to kiss his arse for about 40 years?

…….

Al’s so cool. Never mind the 6 years of losing. Al tells the media to kiss his arse. That’s all that matters. We can go 0-16. As long as Al Davis tells the press to kiss his arse, nobody can say anything to us! Yeh!

Plunketthead Says:
    September 29th, 2009 at 6:40 pm
    Hasnt Al been telling the media and fans to kiss his arse for about 40 years?
    =======================================================
    Yes he has. But his legacy is being tarnished. The Raiders have been a largely plodding organization for 20+ years now..with the exception of a couple of years of Gruden and Gannon that was paid for by morgaging the future….just like the mortgage crisis

• CJ Legend 34

Why are they coming down on Gannon?

What did I miss? What did Gannon do?

I thought his analysis of Russel was on the money and not critical.

What happened?

• CJ Legend 34

CJ Legend 34 Says:
    September 29th, 2009 at 6:54 pm
    Why are they coming down on Gannon?

What did I miss? What did Gannon do?

I thought his analysis of Russel was on the money and not critical.

What happened?

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Things are so bad right now that fans are actually asking for Bruce Gradkowski and Jeff Garcia. Two QBs that were cut by TAmpa Bay.

And you wonder why this franchise doesn’t win!

• CJ Legend 34

No as long as Uncle Al keeps the money flowing like water they will come do their time and try to go to another team.
    ——————————————–
    SnB offense defense specialteams Says:
    September 29th, 2009 at 7:03 pm
    860,

Should Russell, DMAC, Huff, Heyward-Bey, Gallery all bust out…you gotta believe that top tier rookies are going to hold out and not play here.

The Raiders are not doing a good job of developing young players and that’s troubling.

Developing your own talent is vital to winning.

The old strategy of building through free agency doesn’t work anymore. Teams are too smart.

Only Al Davis and Daniel Snyder don’t understand this

KoolKell Says:
    September 29th, 2009 at 6:27 pm
    Instead of the Owner micro-managing the coaches 24/7, wouldn’t it be nice if he were using his legendary status to sell more tickets in the community, making nice with the local heavy-hitters, sell some Corporate suites.

No, instead, he’s busy telling the media and fans to kiss his assz.
    =======================================================
    Yeah, its bad. I don’t understand it either. This is the guy that coined the phrase “Just Win Baby” and “Commitment to Excellence” Well where the hell is it?

• 860Todd Christensen

I also agree, SnB, I was making a mockery in jest about where this team has gone. It was stated, tongue in cheek. What I saw this weekend disgusted me. I have very high hopes with this young team, I really do, we have so much talent. It needs to be combined to a cohesive unit that could out play the Steelers of 70′s and draw players that would actually want to play football. I can say that I remember when the news was showing College players from all over the country stating, “I WANT TO BE A RAIDER”! Do we see this now?

• Plunketthead

Who is ready to step up and accept their well deserved Wasted Life Award?

860,

Developing your own talent is vital to winning.

Only Al Davis and Daniel Snyder don’t understand this

• CJ Legend 34

Fellas,

We have to be realistic. This just is not a good franchise right now. No one really wants to come here and coach for Al our be a part of this franchise anymore. Look at Seymour he almost died coming here, he still does not know how to act. Cable got the job because no other coach worth his weight in gold wanted the job. We don’t develop young talent and our offensive and defensive scheme is out of date. I have been amazed to watch talent leave this time and go to other teams and become decent role players.

We are just not a good team anymore.

# vegas raider Says:
    September 29th, 2009 at 5:14 pm

4 Darren McFadden
    5 Glenn Dorsey
    6 Vernon Gholston
    7 Sedrick Ellis
    8 Derrick Harvey
    9 Keith Rivers
    =======================================================
    Sedrick Ellis and Keith Rivers are talents….Rivers got his jaw cracked by Hines Ward…but he’s doing okay with 19 tackles in 3 gms….Ellis was injured part of the year last year..

• http://blstb.msn.com/i/55/90A2853B6CFBCC2AFC987BB18B832.jpg vegas raider

860,

I don’t know, except for late in the Denver game, I have thought the O-line has done a pretty decent job.

Look at our 3 turnovers last week. Both picks, Jamarcus had plenty of time a pocket to step up in and never got touched.

The D-Mac fumble he had a huge hole to run through and coughed it up.

Certainly the O-line isn’t great, but besides special teams and maybe our safeties, what unit has been better? Definitely not QB’s, RB’s , WR’s, or LB’s.

• raidercirca70

Is there a bay area sports talk radio station that broadcasts on internet? Too much jets and giants where I live.

• JB

# vegas raider Says:
    September 29th, 2009 at 5:14 pm

4 Darren McFadden
    5 Glenn Dorsey
    6 Vernon Gholston
    7 Sedrick Ellis
    8 Derrick Harvey
    9 Keith Rivers

********************************

Yuck!!!! Has there ever been a worse #4-9?

I couldn’t imagine so.
    *******************

I personally wanted #7 Sedrick Ellis DT, USC
    I think that a lineup of Ellis, Kelly, Ellis * Seymour would be a pretty strong front 4 to face.

860,

I know. But the storm gathering around Russell is now a run away train. He’s not going to be able to function at home. They hate him. That’s what you get when you draft a QB, don’t sign him, don’t provide veteran leadership, don’t provide competent coaching adn surround him with 3 receivers and a left tackle that are no longer in the league because they are so bad.

Bring on Rex Grossman I guess….

860,

Raider fans have been so conditioned that they actually enjoy the prospect of a Jeff Garcia or JP Losman….these are sad days indeed

860,

Geez….these posts are placed anywhere!

• JB

I should also say that on this last draft I wanted Eugene Monroe OT, Virginia. I still can’t believe we passed on him for a decoy. BRILLIANT!

• 860Todd Christensen

But, SnB, we are playing rookie youth. I do not see where they were prept to be on the field. JR is not the only one to be blamed here. There was NO seperation, confusion in the routes, tripping and not comming back to the play by in-experienced TE’s and decoy WR’s? Who’s to blame here? JR only had time out of shotgun, and still, damn little! The O-line collapsed, did not make holes, and landed on their azzes all game. Who put these players on the field?

Vegas,

The Raiders strength has never really been coaching X’s and O’s for a long time.

The Owner provides the X’s and O’s and the Owner empowers the players….don’t be surprised if Sands excels in New England. Those coaches will teach him up or cut him.

Not like in Oakland where he is babied

• CJ Legend 34

Fellas,

You will go insane trying to pass out blame to this team. There is plenty of blame to go around. As a whole this is just not a good football team. Are playmakers are making more mistakes than “plays”.

• JB

If the Turd does well, a story will be told that will expose the whole Raider organization as a fraud. While i believe there is some truth about a fraud being perpetrated on the fans I still believe the Turd is nothing more than a turd, only painted a different color.

• ragin

Raiders will soon be back in LA so all you fair weather fans can do a draft analysis on the niners…

• JB

# JB Says:
    September 29th, 2009 at 7:13 pm

• 860Todd Christensen

JB, wanted him also. Oh to dream………..

• CJ Legend 34

Me to vegas Raider, I am right there Bro. I have been a Raiders fan since little league but I am close to calling it a day. It pains me to go there but how much of this abuse as a fan can you take.

The only time I get excited about this team is when we talk about what they could do. Once every game is over you are like d@mn they suck!
    ————————————————–
    vegas raider Says:
    September 29th, 2009 at 7:16 pm
    CJ Legend 34 Says:
    September 29th, 2009 at 7:03 pm

I have been amazed to watch talent leave this team and go to other teams and become decent role players.

*******************************

If the Turd goes over to New England and plays well, that just might be the final straw for me.

• http://blstb.msn.com/i/55/90A2853B6CFBCC2AFC987BB18B832.jpg vegas raider

CJ Legend 34 Says:
    September 29th, 2009 at 7:03 pm

*******************************

• CJ Legend 34

What the f#(k!!!!!! ?????
    ————————————
    ragin Says:
    September 29th, 2009 at 7:13 pm

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

# 860Todd Christensen Says:
    September 29th, 2009 at 7:12 pm

“Who put these players on the field”

……

Well, there’s lots of blame to go around. I made a list of everyone responsible.

Jon Gruden
    Rich Gannon
    Adam Schefter
    Warren Sapp
    Marcus Allen
    Ray Ratto
    Nancy Gay
    Gladys Valley
    The McGah family

Shame on all of them. The game has obviously passed them by. Thank God we have Al to fix this.

• CJ Legend 34

If you ever want a painful laugh look at highlights form the Saints defense and what they have been able to accomplish and build from nothing in the draft and look at our offense.

I am a Russel supporter but when you look at how Drew Breeze makes his team better they are not even close.

• 860Todd Christensen

We are the feeder team to NE, fellers, we break em, we stake em, we dump off to NE, they make em Stars! WTG Al!

ragin Says:
    September 29th, 2009 at 7:13 pm
    ======================================================
    I don’t know man. 20+ yrs of lousy football except for a 3 yr blip. Ain’t no fair weather fans in here.

You enjoy this B.S? I have no problem with losing a well fought game…like the Charger game.

But that Bronco game was B.S at every level imaginable. And here’s the rub, they’ve played that poorly a lot over the last few years

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Let’s not get nostalgic for Terdell Sands. He needed to go…

• 860Todd Christensen

Snides aside, I love this young team, we have a very good nucleous of talent. If Cable dosen’t go to jail and can combine this into a very positive combination to the Nation, he really has to be jetsoned, and a real, high calliber coatch has to be able to run this high caliber show and produce. We Have the talent!

• ragin

What I’m tired of is everyone bagging on the raiders including their own fans, yeah they haven’t been good but to call mcfadden a bust, c’mon man it’s his second year, not even a full first year. Not me, I think russell has some pride and he isbetter than he has played…

• http://blstb.msn.com/i/55/90A2853B6CFBCC2AFC987BB18B832.jpg vegas raider

What about Michael Oher?? Read in SI, that after two games some opposing coaches and players are saying he may be a Pro Bowler THIS YEAR, and if Sanchez falters, he will win offensive rookie of the year.

Why couldn’t Al reach for this kid instead of Darius Handsof-Clay?

Vegas,

Davis doesn’t value lineman as much as skill position players.

He went and got Seymour (good move) only because the D-Line got so bad and the run defense so poor.

Unfortunately, the run defense is still bad

• 860Todd Christensen

Vegas, lmao! I’m 53 and bald! Same condition!!!!

• elguapo2010

Jmarcus is a fatso that’s the problem!
    He just cut in front of me in line at the Taco Truck! Gordo!!

• http://blstb.msn.com/i/55/90A2853B6CFBCC2AFC987BB18B832.jpg vegas raider

CJ,

Unfortunately this blog is sometimes the highlight of the week as far as all things Raider football. Make a decent point, get some people to agree with you, and you get at least a very small level of gratification for your time.

I got zero gratification on Sunday and that has been way too common lately. The only thing I got was pissed off, way too drunk, even more pissed off once I sobered up, tossed and turned all night, and woke up pissed off.

Not much fun. I have high-blood pressure, high cholestrol and my hair is about 50/50 gray. I am 29. I blame Al.

• http://blstb.msn.com/i/55/90A2853B6CFBCC2AFC987BB18B832.jpg vegas raider

vegas raider Says:
    September 29th, 2009 at 7:30 pm

************************************

To add on that, I went to a great college-town, have maintained a pretty good 2 jobs over the last 4 years, don’t live paycheck-to-paycheck and am married with a decent you-know-what life.

No other reason than Al and the Raiders. They gave me silver-n-black hair!!

Sorry to be so negative, but this shyt has been killing me, LITERALLY!!!!

• CJ Legend 34

No Vegas if you really want to cry!!!!!

Look at what Johnny Knox round 5 pick 4- 4.34 40 time. What a steal of a decoy he could have turned out to be. The only diffrence is he can catch the d@mn ball and is on the score board.

They said this kids work ethic is great!

Does the Raiders scout team suck @$$ or what?

• CJ Legend 34

My bad Vegas I am tired on midwest time.

He was selected by the Chicago Bears.

——————————–
    CJ Legend 34 Says:
    September 29th, 2009 at 7:33 pm
    No Vegas if you really want to cry!!!!!

They said this kids work ethic is great!

Does the Raiders scout team suck @$$ or what?

• 860Todd Christensen

And I wanted Kenny Britt, my bad!