By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, October 4th, 2009 at 1:20 pm in Oakland Raiders.
News, notes and observations from the Raiders game Sunday in Houston against the Texans:
– One final indignity before Houston kills the clock, Johnnie Lee Higgins drops and kicks a punt right to the Texans.
– Twelve men on the field extends Houston drive _ special teams is a disaster. That’s penalty No. 10 for the Raiders.
– Raiders passing game a mess at this point. The passes Russell does put on target get dropped (Louis Murphy).
– Raiders don’t pay the price for Russell’ strip fumble _ Kris Brown misses field goal attempt.
– Another tough special teams play _ Higgins runs diagonally backwards and loses three yards on a return.
– First possession ends with Russell flinging one deep over the head of DHB on fourth-and-7. He’s 11-for-29 and 123 yards at this point.
– Texans showing what it’s like to have a lead and make the other team pay. Zach Miller positively brutalized twice on consecutive plays to open the fourth quarter.