Russell: Schilens hasn’t missed a beat

Raiders quarterback JaMarcus Russell believes he and wide receiver Chaz Schilens can pick up where they left off during training camp.

“(It’s) like he hasn’t missed a beat,” Russell said. “Just had to get back used to him running certain routes but other than that he’s looking good.”

The last time the two played together in a game was Aug. 13, when Russell and Schilens carried out on the field what they had been doing during training camp as the Raiders beat the Dallas Cowboys 31-13.

On the Raiders’ first offensive snap, Russell hit Schilens for an 11-yard gain. Next Schilens went deep and drew a 47-yard pass interference penalty from Gerald Sensabaugh. Passes of 6 and 10 yards followed.

The next time the Raiders got the ball, Russell found Schilens for 16 yards on a third-and-8 for a first down. Schilens also caught a 9-yard pass from Bruce Gradkowski early in the second quarter before taking the rest of the game off with five reeptions for 52 yards.

In all Schilens was targeted five times and caught five passes for 52 yards. Russell was 4-for-4 for 43 yards and the penalty.

Contrast that with these ghastly stats through six games. While passing to wide receivers, Russell is 18-for-74 for 259 yards, five interceptions and one touchdown _ a quarterback rating of 18.0.

All five of his interceptions have come while throwing to wideouts.

Russell thinks having Schilens around will change the way opponents defend the Raiders.

“It’s a guy that they have to put down in their books, ‘We’ve got to watch where he’s at all time,,’ ” Russell said. “He’s a guy who can really make a game change in a matter of a few catches.”

Schilens reiterated he doesn’t know how much he’ll play.

“Well, right now I think it’s really up to the coaches to see how they want to use me,” Schilens said. “I haven’t been in there for a while, so I’m sure they’re going to pick and choose situations where they feel I can succeed. It’s really up to the coaches. Maybe I’ll be playing a little bit of both. But it felt good, it felt good.”

No changes on the field as the Raiders began practice . . . still no sign of Robert Gallery and no notable absences . . .

More to come later . . .

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Dmac2008

All five of his interceptions have come while throwing to wideouts.

No they have not, he tried to force a pass to Zack (who was double covered in the Eagles game) and it was picked off. True story.

• Brien the Grand Guru

Go Chaz you muthfker go!

• Brien the Grand Guru

# The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    October 22nd, 2009 at 1:03 pm

Bo, did you just insinuate that Brien and Norco Bob are separate people? Wow. Your BMI is impressive, but you might want to work in that IQ.
    ***********************************

Further evidence of a guy running out of ammo

• Brien the Grand Guru

# Bo Schembechler Jackson Says:
    October 22nd, 2009 at 1:12 pm

Speaking of jhericurl, I once had to guard Michael Cage in the post. Even the ocean don’t wash that sht off.

And B: Shoveling snow is an honorable pursuit. It beats hosin away piss and painting over tags.

And no Pat Boone for me. I play my old KDAY jams when I need pumpin up.
    ****************************

Cage a tough matchup for ya especially with juice flowing.

Shoveling snow isnt honorable sorry. Piss and tags are in SF. Thank you that place is an open sewer

And no Pat Boone for me. I play my old KDAY jams when I need pumpin up.

• Dmac2008

Posting out of order again… And forget about my comment. You wrote it wrong or I read it wrong something is goofy lol

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

Brien, you could be from Nebraska, for all we know. Under your name Norco Bob, you brag about fishing, drinking whine, and go on all of these racist rants. Then when you post as Brien, you act like you’re this poor black guy from the bay area. You’re a pathological liar. Basically, you pay attention to know just enough about every topic to be able to profess having been there and done that. You’re from Oakland, yet you know everything about gangs in LA. All I do is bring up the fact that gang violence decreased in the ’90s, you got angry, personally insulted me, and insisted it was because the police got all of the bad guys off of the street (enter, Norco Bob…). Brien, you haven’t demonstrated to me that you know anything about things you talk about. You’re the guy who just repeats things he overhears. But if you want to continue to try and convince me that you really are an expert on every single subject, go for it. It’s entertaining.

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

Uh oh, now Norco Bob is switching back to Brien. He’s saying the police are crooked and can’t be trusted, when on the last thread he said that the only thing that calmed gang violence down in the ’90s was gang members being locked away, a pretty pro law enforcement point of view. It’s like watching a fish flap around.

• Brien the Grand Guru

# The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    October 22nd, 2009 at 1:09 pm

And notice what Norco Brien just did…said that the reason gang violence dropped was because they were all in jail, basically making the point that we need more law enforcement. Anyone catch that? It was Brien transferring to Norco Bob, the racist conservative. Bet you Norco pops up within seconds.
    ************************************

Why would we need more law enforcement? They are the biggest crooks outside of politicians. You have no rebuttle for me. You are just like a little brat in school, “see, see, see ,see what he just said? waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa”

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

Breaking News:

Napa D.A. Larry Lieberstien has announced formal charges for aggrevated assualt have been filed against Oakland Raiders’ heach coach Tom Cable. As a courtesy, Cable will be allowed to turn himself in on Monday, October 26th, the day after the Raiders game this weekend.

Napa D.A. Larry Lieberstien also announce that a grand jury shall be conviened to look into allegations of obstruction of justice against Raiders’ owner Al Davis, and Raider assistant coaches John Marshall and Lionel Washington and Willie Brown.

More on this story at 10!

Where is StrahanMaddenRaider? LOL these are SO you:

StrahanManNY Says:
    July 24th, 2008 at 1:20 pm
    don’t get all butt hurt, bo jackson. I’m just trying to jaw with some raider fans for a minute by yall are getting butt hurt real fast, asking me to leave, like you all own this blog. anybody can post here. i found this through google, dumbys. take it up with the blog operators. anyhow, just wanted to see how things were with the lower half of the league, you now. thats the perk of being on top. and, you guys are on the lower, lower, lower HALF! lol. it don’t get worse than the faiders, man. you all are cursed, or something. how do you all lose with so much talent? you all had moss, man. couldn’t win with him! man, like i said, somebody upstairs aing feelin yall. or, maybe al davis just needs to retire. i like al davis, he’s done a lot for black folks. but man, he aint doing much for the raiders anymore

StrahanManNY Says:
    July 24th, 2008 at 1:10 pm
    Last Giants/Raider meeting:

December, 2005.

Giants 30, Raiders 21.

Oh yeh, we’re better now. Yall are worse now. your lucky your not playing us this year. unless they gave you 15 points, nobody on the planet would take the Raiders. not even their crazy fans.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

StrahanManNY Says:
    July 24th, 2008 at 1:13 pm
    lol, what is a raider blog site? I found this through the google search, man. i’m posting here, aint i? Guess that means I’m welcome. Take it up with the blog operators, fool. but i can see why you all woldn’t want a giants fan in here. when you’re at the bottom, the last thing you need is someone at the top to remind you.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

• Raider E

Kirk Morrison said it best, “stick with us raider nation, when we do things the right way you all see the end result(points at scoreboard)10-18-09….

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

Not even worth a response, Bo.

• Brien the Grand Guru

# The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    October 22nd, 2009 at 1:14 pm

****************************************

My god MR is about to breakdown. We are coming close everyone.

When did I say I know everything about LA gangs. Show me that post please.

Now yes I’m poor but you are trying to paint a picture as if I’m lving homeless. When I say poor I just mean I’m not in the higher tax brackets you idiot.

So-called racist rants are sometimes they are necessary especially over a dumb idiot like Russell or some dumb African bastard posing as if he is really down for blacks in America.

Stop being so upset how I verbally rip you onthis site over and over again. If you think Bob and I are the same person why dont you come to a game and find out?

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

Ca-ble bumaye, going to jail-ye

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

Just kidding Al! Don’t sue me!

• http://atm Raider O

Go Aztecs!!! They did well against BYU the 1st half. lol

Represent us well dude! We are the Aztecs!

Cage a tough matchup for ya especially with juice flowing.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

I had no bizness guarding him for certain. Juice or not, Cage was built like DHoward.

But like the guy guarding Wilt said after he hung up a cool 100 on him: “He couldn’t stop me either”.

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

OK, Norco Brien. Got it. But just tell me, why do you credit the police on the previous thread for decreasing gang violence in the ’90s? You said the “OGs” (lol) were locked away. Wouldn’t that mean that gang violence died down because the police got them off of the streets? Then on this thread, you say that the police are crooked, basically useless in regards to stopping gangs. Mutually exclusive points of view, Norco Brien. And that’s why I know you’re a troll that talks out of different sides of your mouth, under different names.

• Brien the Grand Guru

# The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    October 22nd, 2009 at 1:18 pm

*********************************

I never switch. I always stand my ground and never sway from it. The police are crooked and everyone knows that. Gang violence did calm down because so many guys were gone due to death or jail. People were tired of it man. That isn’t being pro that is just the truth

• Raider E

WTF is a “Grand Guru”,more like the “Grand Pooba”. WILMA!!!!!!!!!!

• http://atm Raider O

LMAO @ Dakota!

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

At least file charges against Cable for aggravated corpulence! That is illegal in Cali right?

The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    October 22nd, 2009 at 1:25 pm
    Not even worth a response, Bo.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Whatever you say MR. I especially liked this line from you:

“you all had moss, man. couldn’t win with him! man, like i said, somebody upstairs aing feelin yall. or, maybe al davis just needs to retire. i like al davis, he’s done a lot for black folks. but man, he aint doing much for the raiders anymore”

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

Maybe they will stick Cable with a littering citation…for dropping that piece of garbage Hanson on the floor?

• Trolls 35 Raiders 0

“Do you know you are an idiot? So if my gender was correct when the lame ass called me BreeAnn why did you just say HIS……….again HIS name is B-R-I-E-N?”

I don’t feel so anymore I got busted by b-r-i-a-n

• http://atm Raider O

Dakota,

Al is too busy trying to find that pigeon. He knows Talent!

• Trolls 35 Raiders 0

I don’t feel so :cool: anymore I :oops: got busted by b-r-i-a-n :mrgreen:

LMAO:

StrahanManNY Says:
    July 24th, 2008 at 1:25 pm
    i’m as black as tar, n*%@a. Born and raised in the S. Bronx, now live in Yonkers. got giants season tix. they break my ass but it’s worth it. it’s fun having season tix to a super bowl champion. think you faider fans will ever know what thats like?

• Brien the Grand Guru

# The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    October 22nd, 2009 at 1:29 pm

********************************

How am I giving them credit as if I’m saying good job to them? Did you miss the part about the deaths as well contributing to that? Sure the police got some of those gang members but not all of them and certainly didnt stop the new crop from rising did they?

Sure police are crooked and if they didnt have a mandate from higher officials to stop gang members they wouldnt have gave a damn. But what is your point? You never seen crooked cops actually bust criminals? Are you that stupid?

• Brien the Grand Guru

# The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    October 22nd, 2009 at 1:25 pm

Not even worth a response, Bo.
    ******************************

Translation: I’m getting beat up………….again

• tulare31

Did I ever mention I’ve never liked offense, offense formations, offense coordinators, offensive players?

Chaz is my one of two fav players (nnamdi is my fav)

• CJ Legend 34

********STOP THE FREAKIN PRESS (Must read!!!)*****

Dakota – Thanks for the post by ESPN Analysts Trent Delfer and Hassellback. They pissed me off!!!!!

Who the heck wants to hear from Delfer and Hassellback? Especially Delfer!!! Delfer was one of the most pathetic QBs of all time. Delfer could not get off a 5 yard pass he was horrible for the Buccs.He would throw interceptions and get sacked all the time. Many Analysts said the guy had not pocket presence and was pure diappointment. The Buccs would loose every year in the play-offs mainly because of Dilfer’s horrible play. They had to dump this guy becuase he could not complete a decent 5-10 yard out. Dungy stayed with this guy until it almost ended his career, which it finally did. Delfer would get booed almost every game and the analyst that Delfer is trying to portray hated this guy!!!! He went to Baltimore and their defense was so strong they carried this guy to the superbowl.

He was considered an H Back. No not a half-back a “Handoff Back” they would not let him throw a pass unless it was highly monitored and the WR was wide open. Every game he played in Baltimore the announcers would say all Dilfer has to do is throw the ball away just don’t do anything stupid to blow that game. What an f@c#ing hypocrite!!!!

I am not saying Russel with his weight and issues is not well deserved but this guy is taking a beating from a bunch of “has beens” and clowns. I am so glad the Raiders don’t talk with ESPN, they don’t deserve it man. They make up a story when there is no story. How do they really know what Russel thinks about the game after getting payed a big pay check? Are they just jealous? They are not in this guy’s head. They have no idea what his preparation is like w/o being there. Most of the analysts making comments heard the comments from other analysts. That is their source another media source. I guess if Russel looked more like Dilfer and Hasselback he would be saying give this kid time to develop he has went through a lot with this franchise. It is true man!!!

The media paints any picture they want to paint. I hope Russel has one heck of a game against NY. I want to see this succeed so he can shut these sorry @$$ x-players like Dilfer the F#(k up! If it was not someone taking time with Dilfer and no other QB talent out there available for Baltimore he would have never went to the super bowl. Baltimore could not find anyone else so they chose Dilfer until they transitioned to another QB. Dilfer calls himself a Christian what a hypocrite; he knows darn well he could not make any of the throws he is referring too. He was not consistent at all, not one bit.

Check out Hasselbeck’s bio it speaks for it self. These guys were so sorry all they could be were analysts. How pathetic!!!

What a joke!
    ———————————————————————————————————

ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer played quarterback for 14 seasons with four NFL teams, including the Baltimore Ravens, whom he quarterbacked to the Super Bowl title in 2000. “My problem with JaMarcus Russell,” Dilfer said, “is that he’s not improving, not putting his best into the position to be successful. When you look at it closely, you can’t find any excuses for this guy.”

Dakota Says:
    October 22nd, 2009 at 10:54 am
    people hating on Russell:

• http://Raiders.com RaiderTW

CJ, the fact that Tim Hasselbeck is married to Elizabeth H is enuff for me not to listen to him.

• los raiders de don rober

Lets see… Chaz has 15 career receptions for 226 and 2 TDs… Its not like Jerry Rice is coming back from injury, but….in retrospect compared to DHB, Chaz is like Jerry Rice.

• tulare31

Chaz also had 5 receptions 52 yards in 1 qtr in August.. While our receivers probably only have 150 more yards with 10 times more qtrs played

• VanHeathen

Dilfer is a D-Bag!
    Saw him play in HS, down in Aptos, only reason he QB’d was his divorcee mom married the HS Football Coach.
    Played pretty good at Fresno, and then STANK it up for years in the NFL. Ravens won the SB in spite of him, and he never was more than a ‘game mgmt’ QB. He’s just bitter that he didn’t have the tools that JR has…but he’s got a mancrush on Sanchez, surprise, surprise….

• Pingback: Schilens Hasn’t Missed A Beat :: Fantasy Football - Free News, Cheatsheets, Tools, and Advice. Leagues and Games.

• Pingback: The RaiderCast | Russell: Schilens hasn’t missed a beat