By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, October 25th, 2009 at 1:54 pm in Oakland Raiders.
NYJ_Thomas Jones 1-yard run (Jay Feely kicks PAT), 12:54
NYJ_Mark Sanchez 3-yard run (Feely kicks PAT), 4:20
– Jets Steve Weatherford looks at retreating Raiders special teams and runs up the middle for first down on last play of quarter, gaining 16 yard. Special teams captain Isaiah Ekejiuba wasn’t looking until it was too late.
– Raiders defense holds up it send _ forces three-and-out following JaMarcus Russell’s second interception.
– Russell throws post to Todd Watkins in end zone, covered by Darrelle Revis like a blanket. Revis gets end zone interception. That’s three turnovers in the first quarter.
Ruins drive that included 19-yard pass to Tony Stewart and consecutive 17- and 9-yard gains by Justin Fargas.
– New formation _ Fargas splits wide, Gary Russell single back, runs a yard for first down.
– In the afterglow of a 24-yard completion to DHB, Russell, under pressure from David Harris, throws ill-advised pass directly to Jim Leonhard, who returns it 44 yards to the 4. Mark Sanchez scores on a 3-yard run.
– Johnnie Lee Higgins races up for fair catch, can’t get there, lets it go _ lucky it didn’t bounce right into him. Raiders open at 14-yard line.
– Nnamdi Asomugha missed a tackle on David Clowney behind first down stake on flat pass to left on third-and-3, Clowney gains 11 for first down. On next third-and-4, Raiders string out Jones and force punt.
– Michael Huff at deep safety for Jets second possession.
– Ugly drop on Raiders second possession. Russell throws a slant to Murphy for first down plus additional yardage. He drops it.
– The Raiders handed the ball to the Jets on their first play from scrimmage at the 4-yard line. Khalif Barnes, a surprise starter at right tackle, was beaten by Calvin Pace, who forced a fumble from Russell. It took the Jets four plays to score _ all runs from Jones. Jones finally made it through on fourth-and-goal.