By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, October 25th, 2009 at 2:36 pm in Oakland Raiders.
NYJ_Shonn Greene 8-yard run (Jay Feely kicks PAT), 5:51
NYJ_FG Feely 39 yards, :03
– Feely’s 39-yard field goal capped a 76-yard drive with three seconds left in the half. You can bet the Jets will do nothing but run the ball in the second half _ a good test of the Raiders’ defensive will in a game that looks lost.
– Bruce Gradkowski’s first series went three-and-out. Incomplete down the right sideline to Louis Murphy, incomplete short to Gary Russell (dangerously close to a pick going the other way) and a short gain to Zach Miller short of the first down.
– Greene caps a 93-yard drive with an 8-yard run, one play after racing 26 yards with a pitch to the 8-yard line.
– With Russell still wearing his helmet and Bruce Gradkowski throwing passes and jogging the sideline, getitng loose, the Jets convert a third-and-5 pass to David Clowney (no pressure) for a first down.
– Raiders forced to punt after Russell throws late, over the middle on Jets blitz. If Dwight Lowery hadn’t slipped, it might have been interception No. 3. Raiders actually picked up blitz initially and gave Russell adequate time.
– Following 16-yard run on fake punt, Raiders force again force punt . . . this time he kicks it. Higgins fair catch at the 10-yard line.