McFadden making progress

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Monday, November 2nd, 2009 at 1:34 pm in Oakland Raiders.

Running back Darren McFadden felt good enough Monday to sit down in front of his locker, in full view of reporters, sweat pouring off his body, and make the first public comments since underdoing arthroscopic surgery a month ago.

McFadden was put through the paces by a member of the athletic training staff for the second time _ he was also worked out Friday. There were no full-on sprints, but McFadden was working hard enough to be breathing heavily when it was over.

“We went out there today and worked on cuts. I was kind of winded,” McFadden said. “That was one of the main things, see if I can get out there and do a little running around and get good footing.”

McFadden believes returning for the Kansas City game on Nov. 15 is “realistic. That’s what we’re shooting for. We’re pushing for it.”

With the Raiders scheduled to take today off, practice Wednesday and Thursday then adjourn for the weekend, many players are making plans to go home. McFadden will remain in the area, rehabbing his knee.

McFadden thinks he’s starting to see progress in a struggling offense.

“I feel like we’ve been making improvements, opening holes, starting to complete some passes,” McFadden said. “It’s a small improvement but it’s going forward.”

More to come after Tom Cable’s press briefing . . .

• TrueRaider

Ok, AL is that better?

# DMAC Says:
    November 2nd, 2009 at 1:35 pm

Hey, True
    Can you say AL?

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

TrueRaider:

Urban Meyers? Are you kidding me? Maybe Charlie Weiss once he is fired at ND (hopefully soon), but Urban Myers would never leave Florida for the Raiders!

The Raiders only pay their HCs about $1-2 million a season! Meyers is making $4 million a year in college and he has absolute and complete control of his team!

As to your questions, I’ll do my best:

November 2nd, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Can someone PLEASE explain to me the following:
    1) Why is Asmough getting paid 16 mill a year if he doesnt mirror the best WRs? A-Because Al will not allow it.

2) Why is Seymour a beast on certain games and disappears on others? Is he another Randy Moss? A-Seymour is 30 and can’t carry an entire defense…he is often discouraged by the lackluster play of Kelley and the LBs, can you blame him?

3) Why even keep Russell if you afraid to call a passing play? A-Al wants to prove Kiffin wrong.

4) Why is Murphy and DHB still playing, JLH and Watkins seems to me a better option? A-Al wants to prove everyone wrong.

5) Why didn’t we blitz Rivers? A-because Rivers is good at spotting the blitz and would have burned us all day…

• http://www.Move2Alameda.com KoolKell

“Mr Davis Please, please please, please please woncha go, baby please, please woncha go, baby please. Oh oh oh,I love ya so,pleeeeeese.

-James Brown

• Richochet

# TrueRaider Says:
    November 2nd, 2009 at 1:19 pm

Did I ask tough questions, no one can answer me?
    Richochet, how about you explain this to me

*****************************************************
    # TrueRaider Says:
    November 2nd, 2009 at 12:51 pm

Can someone PLEASE explain to me the following:
    1) Why is Asmough getting paid 16 mill a year if he doesnt mirror the best WRs?
    3) Why even keep Russell if you afraid to call a passing play?
    5) Why didn’t we blitz Rivers?

Can someone answer me these questions!!!
    ==========================
    Al calls the defensive alignments..always has.
    When Cable stated “Once we cleared it and decided to blitz more, we did a good job”..CLEARED IT? Lol..geez..(BTW..that little fact alone will keep any quality HC far away..just the idea the HC admits he has to “CLEAR IT” with the owner prior to calling defensive schemes.

Seymour? Not a Moss..a syndrome of why players play like Moss did. You can see the dejected look in Seymour as each game goes on…and when he’s matched up against someone he’s confident about, he brings it. When not, he seems to go through the motions. (See comments regarding JR on why his playing gives rest of team the shudders)

Russell: As players stated, and as everyone knows, Al decided on benching Russell, then informed Cable it was just for that half (hence Cable immediately stating that JR would be starting the following week..ANY OTHER HC would have stated “We’ll look at the tape”..I.E. “I’ll let you know later”..but not Cable..because he already knew. (Who can forget Norv Turner: “We’ve lost 5 in a row. 4 games left and we’re giving Tui his shot for the rest of the year, see what he can do.”.. Al let Norv know “YOU don’t make these decisions, I DO” and promptly overruled him, and put Collins back in, where the team promptly lost the rest of the games.)
    Ego is why JR is in..not money, not draft slot..EGO. Al announced to one and all that Kiffin was WRONG IN HIS COMMENTS ABOUT NOT WANTING TO DRAFT RUSSELL..adding how Jr was ‘going to do great things with the Raiders”.
    Al yanking Russell means he has to eat crow…to the media, the fans, and to his most recent litigant in court, Lance.

JLH, Watkins, AND Walker are better..but..as above..all Al has read is how dumb his draft choices were, and one thing Al is..is stubborn. He’ll keep in DHB until the cows come home, hoping and praying he’ll have a break out game..and the MOMENT THAT HAPPENS, IF it happens..Al will be front and center, stating how he KNEW IT ALL ALONG..(where, unfortunately for all involved, he’ll go down memory lane on how he almost gave up on Freddy B..lord help us, lol. )

• TrueRaider

U suck Mcfumble!!!!!!

• Richochet

# Crude Earl Says:
    November 2nd, 2009 at 1:46 pm

Dakota…..do you have any idea what “double teamed” means????
    ===============================
    Most know what it means in football, but I suspect you’re referring to your daily rousing game of Bingo.

So..regale us all as to how you whupped those other geriatric wonders, Earl..if you can stay awake that long.

• wishbone

I just hope Al realizes the JaFata&& stinks and gets rid of him. In the past he has kept garbage QB’s way too long. (See Marc Wilson, Jay Schroeder & Kerry Collins) I know Al’s ego may prevent him from dumping fat boy & he would have to conceed Kiffin was right. Hopefully though he sees the light. He also needs to conceed that paying just over a million for a HC gets you exactly a million dollar head coach. He needs to spend 4 million to get back Chucky or Harbargh. Bring in the best F/A QB next year & lets get things back on track.

• Mistabrown

We should sing this at the White House just change the name around a lil bit..

# KoolKell Says:
    November 2nd, 2009 at 1:44 pm

-James Brown

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

KK,

If you really want to make a statement at Raiders HQ, you could always set yourself on fire in protest of Al Davis!

That always gets a ton of attention!

• The Big Banana

===================================================

Sorry, but the way the 1st half of the season went…this team deserves no time off. Bye or no Bye. I don’t care. You need to be in there working. That includes you too, JaBiscuit.

• DMAC

Yesterday’s positive……………
    Shaunessey looks like a real football player.
    Hope he continues to play that way.

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

KoolKell Says:
    November 2nd, 2009 at 1:44 pm

-James Brown
    _________________________

I think you should wait until the draft and then chant this outside of Raiders’ HQ: Hey, Hey AD, how many draft pick did you waste today?

• DMAC

“I’ll be back and prove everyone wrong, please utilize my skills correctly.”

• http://www.Move2Alameda.com KoolKell

Dakota Says:
    November 2nd, 2009 at 1:47 pm
    KK,

That always gets a ton of attention!
    —————————
    Alrighty then.

• wishbone

I heard the JaFata&& just bought a Popeye’s franchise & installed at Raiders HQ so he could spend more time there. He also requested Al to get him some adjustable waist game day pants. Al told him he would as long as fat boy changes his diaper twice a day.

• raiderdav

boycott the KC game, come on are cleveland fans smarter then raider fans…..I GUESS SO because they know how to organize…why not us.

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

KK,

I am just trying to get you the most exposure possible for your cause!

Fine then, just go hold a sign that says “Just Step Down Baby!”

But I seriously doubt that will make the news!

• morilla

Stop wasting time with Dmac. The dude is crap. How many busts can there be on one team! Jeeeeeez!!!

I am constantly waiting for Jodie Foster and Walter Matthau to pop up. on the sidelines

• http://www.Move2Alameda.com KoolKell

I like that one ” Just Step Down Baby”

• Chris in NY

morilla Says:
    November 2nd, 2009 at 11:35 am
    and stop using Bush when Fargas is on a streak. Bush looks like he is in slow motion when hitting the holes. Cable blows my mind sometimes, they have something working then, BAM! Let’s completely f-k up the momentum of the drive and put in a walrus with a helmet on. That dude just lumbers into the line. Keep Fargas as the #1

——————-

What are you talking about?

Bush averaged 3.9 per carry yesterday while Fargas averaged 3.3. Fargas is barely averaging more than 3 yards per carry this season and Bush has 3x as many TDs the last two seasons despite getting half the carries Fargas gets.

• DMAC

Zack Crockett for Head Coach.

• morilla

What are you talking about?

___________________________________________________________

If you are going to let a back get into a rhythm, then you have to keep him in and give him all the touches he can handle. But as of right now, Fargas is Cables guy. So leave him in. And you can not take away what JF brings to the table. Bush has still yet to show much of anything. Until he is being given 20-30 caries a game, I don’t think we will.

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

new post

• Raidernationdave

Hey, I got a question. Does arthroscopic surgery help get rid of fumbleitis?

• Pingback: second home hq wembley