Ellis on field

Defensive end Greg Ellis was wearing his helmet and joining his teammates on the defensive line as team sessions began Friday.

The defensive line didn’t go through any actual drills as special teams worked on kickoff and punt returns, instead meeting as a group with line coach Dwaine Board, shooting the bull and at one point laughing uproariously.

The offensive line went through it’s normal drill route, but also had a moment of levity when right tackle Cornell Green took a orange cone and flung it toward a fence.

For the first time in at least a few weeks, coach Tom Cable opted to let line coach Jim Michalczik run line drills and instead stood at the opposite end of the field, alone, watching the special teams return drills.

All previously injured players expected to face the Chiefs _ left guard Robert Gallery, Green, running back Darren McFadden and wide receiver Chaz Schilens _ were all present and accounted for. Absent were return specialist/wide receiver Nick Miller (tibia) and linebacker Ricky Brown (ankle).

Wide receiver Javon Walker, who failed to complete practice with a strained hamstring Thursday, was wearing a sweat suit and baseball cap, apparently not practicing.

More to come later . . .

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• jhill

96.RaiderDogg Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 12:56 pm

Ricochet

What exactly did I do to you to deserve such animosity? I asked a simple favor of you, sorry if that pisses you off. I just wanted to vote on the poll. I’m honestly not sure how you think you know me at all cuz I honestly don’t remember interacting with you, except for your periodical random attacks on me for no apparent reason.

If I offended you by something that I said in the past, I apologize. I can be an a$$hole sometimes and it certainly wasn’t personal. How could it be I don’t even know you.

——————————————————

LMFAO!

Cmon Dogg, you know this guys act. Circle the drain waiting for anyone to make a positive remark about the Raiders and then unleash the late night 49r fan comedy act.

• Richochet

# RaiderDogg Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 12:59 pm

BHP

I have curtailed my frequency of this site as well as of late. Mostly because I am super busy these days but also because of all of the hate in here.

I am sure that OG is fine, if you talk to him tell him I said hello.
    ================
    LMFAO.

I post a list of those who bailed like slapped on little girls, and immediately those in the shadows jump out to say “I’m here” or in your case to “casually” toss out why YOU now, all of a sudden..are ‘busy’.

Yeah..and everyone buys that too, btw..because while the others who were chatty when optimism was high who’ve since slithered off, you’ve slithered off because “you’re busy”.

Good one, Gomer.

• jhill

Richochet Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 12:59 pm
    # jhill Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 12:49 pm

——————————————————

Despite what you think of yourself dude, NO ONE is thinking of you but you, lol!

Despite the fact that I have been “engaging” you all morning, you are really sitting here saying that I don’t engage you.

Football anyone? I knew it wouldn’t last with this guy.
    ==================
    Following me around saying you DON’T follow me around is harding considered “engaging”.
    Save the “football anyone” crap.
    You’re an expert at getting schooled, then carefully picking out something from someone/anyone who you feel won’t hurt your fragile little feelings.

It’s only common knowledge.

only question is, who’s an easier target..you or priest?
    Personally I think it’s a toss up.

——————————————————

Love how you half addresses this post, lol!

And I see that you left out the part about you being wrong about what 4eva said.

Typical!

And of course you want me to save the football talk, because you have none of it.

How about responding to the FOOTBALL post I directed at you, and stop wasting our time?!?!?

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

Jhill

I honestly don’t know this guy. I usually skip his posts because I can tell he is negative to a fault, but I was interested in his fan poll. When I read 40,000 particpiated in the poll I wanted to check it out. I now know that it was a lie.

I may have interacted with him in the past but I honestly don’t remember. I talk to many people on a daily basis in my line of business, let alone on here. I tend to delete the files that mean nothing to me.

• Richochet

96.RaiderDogg Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 12:56 pm

Ricochet

===================
    I’m cool with that.
    Apology accepted.

My philosophy is I don’t usually throw the first stone.
    Once someone does, then I figure they are also of the “throw stones/engage” mode. Much of the attacks I receive are from posters replying to comments I made to another, and then I consider them fair game.

Our initial exchange was mild/tepid at best.

I shall refrain from any “testy” comments directed at you in the future, unless you initiate same.

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

Ricochet

I work for a living and I can’t spend as much time on this blog as you. I guess in your eyes that makes you better than me? OK, if that makes you feel better bro.

If you slapped me like a girl, as u say, I don’t remember and I find it very hard to believe.

Maybe go to the archives so you can refresh my memory.

Thanks.

• jhill

——————————————————-

Yeah that was the reason, lol!

Your list.

Damn you’re good!

Ok, but now that some of us are here, care to talk football?

Oh, that’s right, you already told me to save the football talk because you’d rather go with peanuts and pumpkin pie.

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

Ricochet

Sounds good to me. I have no ill will toward you what so ever. Like I said I am well aware of my pension for being an a$$hole sometimes, not your fault, mine.

• raiderjhawk

Why in the heck isn’t DMac back there returning kicks? He has to be good for something other then tripping over the hash marks. We at least better see a heavy dose of McFadden lined up at WR with Bush in the backfield this weekend.

• Richochet

# RaiderDogg Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 12:44 pm

Ricochet

I am beginning to think that there is no fan poll and that you made it up.
    ==========================

• raiderjhawk

What’s up Richochet? Did your middle school not have classes today or something?

• Richochet

# jhill Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 1:09 pm

——————————————————-

Yeah that was the reason, lol!

Your list.

Damn you’re good!

Ok, but now that some of us are here, care to talk football?

=============
    NO, didn’t say “save the football talk”…sheesh..

and what’s wrong with pumpkin pie?
    after lemon meringue..

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

Ricochet

Thanks for the link. There are some other polls there that I would like to look at as well.

I am also a huge Warriors fan, let the sh1t talking commence :)

Yes I am a glutton for punishment, I am also an A’s fan. I call it the Hat Trick of Pain. I guess I am a sports sadist.

• Richochet

# raiderjhawk Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 1:13 pm

=====================
    See? lol…I’m a magnet for silly retorts.

Then later he’ll wonder why I pick on him.

Tell you what, jhawk..you go do your homework, get chores down, then come back.

• http://blstb.msn.com/i/55/90A2853B6CFBCC2AFC987BB18B832.jpg vegas raider

RaiderDogg Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 12:46 pm
    Vegas

What are usually the odds on a 5 game parlay, 7 to 1?

*********************************

No way, usually around 21 to 1, depending on the location and if a game is an even-money play.

Maybe a 5 team teaser is around 6-7 to 1.

• http://blstb.msn.com/i/55/90A2853B6CFBCC2AFC987BB18B832.jpg vegas raider

Go Warriors!!!

Maybe we can beat the lowly Knicks tonight. We are 3 point underdogs, LOL

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

raiderjhawk Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 1:11 pm
    ========================================
    McFadden did return punts and kickoffs at Arkansas. The problem is, that’s when most of his fumbles occured.

• raiderjhawk

your posts with all the lines in them are really really stupid, most people don’t even read them they just skip right over them. Go out and enjoy life, meet some new friends, maybe go to the Y and work out or something.

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

vegas raider Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 1:15 pm
    RaiderDogg Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 12:46 pm
    Vegas

What are usually the odds on a 5 game parlay, 7 to 1?

*********************************

Maybe a 5 team teaser is around 6-7 to 1.
    ============================================
    Vegas

Thanks for the info, it’s been a while since I parlay’d. I miss the days when I had a bookie. He even gave me credit, just a phone call away!

The W’s and the Knicks = Tons of running and zero defense. Warrior’s by 7 after having a double digit lead for most of the night.

• Richochet

# RaiderDogg Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 1:15 pm

Ricochet

I am also a huge Warriors fan, let the sh1t talking commence :)

==================
    Yeah, there’s a 888 reply poll on firing cable. Can’t see the response total. Didn’t spend my time looking, though.

Today’s paper, sports section, page2 shows the results of poll, %. (DailyReview) which is the same as OakTrib/Argus few others, that just change their front page name)

New poll: Would you be disappointed if the Warriors didn’t trade Stephen Jackson this season?

That started today. Vote away :)

• http://blstb.msn.com/i/55/90A2853B6CFBCC2AFC987BB18B832.jpg vegas raider

Dogg,

We got to move Captain Jack, he has ran his course. The dude is way too unstable, a few years and he has to move on. We got good value out of him, give his minutes to Azubuike and Morrow

• jhill

Out of all the posts you chose to reply to, I see you skipped this one, lol!

Yeah, save the football talk, dude!

jhill Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 12:42 pm
    Now I know it took a lot of effort to post that without a peanut or pumpkin reference, lol!

So with that in mind …

No front office.
    No one who has the balls to tell Al he was wrong.

EVERYONE WHO HAS, has gotten fired.

What front office personell has been fired that stood up to Al? That is actually news to me.

——————————————————

quote: “Kiffin refused to start Higgins and Schillens at the beginning of last year. That is why he was fired.”

Is that YOUR qoute? I thought it was because of a series of things including Kiffin trying to get the Arkansas job.

——————————————————-

Signing Kwame? arguably the dumbest signing of the last decade.
    FORCING the HC to play Kwame? for 12 games? How can that not hurt the team?
    refusing to let the HC discipline/bench suspect players?

So you’re telling me in one breath that Kiffin had the balls to not start JLH, Chaz, or Henderson, but he didn’t have the balls to say FU Al and bench Kwame?

• jhill

vegas raider Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 1:21 pm

Dogg,

——————————————————-

You need to move Don Nelson first and foremost. Small ball is NOT going to get you anything!

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

vegas raider Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 1:21 pm
    Dogg,

================================
    I agree wholeheartedly. It’s just too bad that the W’s will get no trade value for him. Jackson isn’t a leader/captain. He is a complimentary player at best and was much better when The Beard aka Baron Davis was running the point.

I say trade him to Memphis or some other non playoff team, just to fuk him.

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

Jhill

I agree about small ball. IF you are lucky enough to actually make the playoffs playing small ball, the results are always the same. The playoffs are a small ball killer.

• jhill

You know, I’m going to take the Raiderdogg approach here, because I am really tired of this. It’s silly.

I apologize to Richochet for throwing the first stone and calling him Dude. Not so sure why that was so offensive, but looking back on our first encounter that is clearly what … well let’s just say I concede I threw the first stone.

Call it what you want, but that’s my one shot at ending this, because I too realize that I can be a bit stubborn as my man B says.

• Richochet

Oh man, lol..after all that, I post..and an apology?

Geez..you guys are no fun :)

*sigh*…ok…let’s Starbuck ;)

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

I am out for a while

Good chatting with you guys. Have a good day.

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

RaiderDogg Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 1:01 pm
    Jhill

Right about now I would be much happier with Chris Johnson than Dmac, sorry McFadden fans. It appears that BHP was right on that one. Sorry Dakota.
    _______________

BHP was right on with Chris Johnson, and I have given him props for it several times.

Still, no one would be talking about Chris Johnson right now had he been drafted #4 by the Raiders. In your heart you know it to be true.

Did you see that Lakers-Suns game last night…killed ‘em. muhahahaha

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

Dakota

You know that wasn’t a slight against you personally. If DMac had remained healthy and on a better team, who knows?

BTW if Bynum is putting up 25 and 15 every night the rest of us are screwed.

Ok now I am out.

• Richochet

# jhill Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 1:22 pm

No front office.
    No one who has the balls to tell Al he was wrong.

EVERYONE WHO HAS, has gotten fired.

RICHOCHET: Kiffin, right? Gruden, in many minds.

——————————————————

RICHOCHET: That was an exact Al Davis quote. Now, you and I both know it was a lot more than that. (IMO, beginning of the end was the kiffin firing of ryan, Al’s rehiring of Ryan, Kiffin making the obvious screw you Al statement of not wearing Raider gear at the Senior Bowl that started the beginning of the end for Kiffin)

——————————————————-

Signing Kwame? arguably the dumbest signing of the last decade.
    FORCING the HC to play Kwame? for 12 games? How can that not hurt the team?
    refusing to let the HC discipline/bench suspect players?

RICHOCHET: Kiffin was gone after game 4. IMO Kiffin was already in lame duck mode, maybe even in sabotage mode (76 yard FG try? into the wind? You KNOW that was a “pour salt in the wound” dig against Al, right?) and likely left in Kwame, knowing it shined badly on Al, while refusing to play the guys who might have helped.
    hard to tell..because he sure made some suspect decisions.
    Both seemed to be “in your face, Al” decisions.

• jhill

Richochet Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 1:33 pm

Oh man, lol..after all that, I post..and an apology?

Geez..you guys are no fun

*sigh*…ok…let’s Starbuck

—————————————————–

Don’t do Starbucks, gives me the shyts!

My post to Dogg simply replayed the scenario in my mind. I don’t know how, or do I care to know how to work the archives to pull that up. I have to imagine no one actually sits down and scrolls through all the posts to find something unless it was a really recent.

You were posting to someone else, I butted in, slapped you around (IMO), lol, and because I felt I slapped you around, called you a poster who I frequently slapped around.

I admit there are 3 sides to every story, but the point is you weren’t talking to me, and I shouldn’t have called you Dude.

Man enough to admit that.

Now let talk football:

jhill Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 1:22 pm
    Out of all the posts you chose to reply to, I see you skipped this one, lol!

Yeah, save the football talk, dude!

jhill Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 12:42 pm

So with that in mind …

No front office.
    No one who has the balls to tell Al he was wrong.

EVERYONE WHO HAS, has gotten fired.

——————————————————

——————————————————-

Signing Kwame? arguably the dumbest signing of the last decade.
    FORCING the HC to play Kwame? for 12 games? How can that not hurt the team?
    refusing to let the HC discipline/bench suspect players?

• DKnight007

Richochet Says:
    November 13th, 2009 at 12:15 pm
    Interesting poll taken by Oakland Trib/BayAreaNewsGroup papers, for the last week.

QUESTION: WHERE DO YOU LAY THE BLAME FOR THE OAKLAND RAIDERS WOES THE LAST 7 YEARS?

88% Al Davis
    9% players
    3% coaches

But hey, I’m sure those 40,000 or so responses don’t realize that Al is just preparing for “the future”..right?

Lol…yeah, let’s go with that one for a while.

^^^^^^^Hey! Can’t believe 88% actually have their heads on straight and realize Al Davis is the problem!

Quick…someone send this poll to Raider headquarter and Amy Trask.

Once they get it….they will trash it and say FU to the fans!

They don’t give a rats a$$ about the fans in Raider Nation….least of all….you Priesst! LOL

• Raiderjambo

Richochet, East Fife, Cowdenbeath, Raith Rovers or Dunfermline?

• mac

Raiderjambo,who cares,,fitba and hearts suck

• Pingback: The RaiderCast | Ellis on field

• Raiderjambo

No half as bad as our beloved Oakland Raiders

• Pingback: Kids Football Helmets – Imperative for Safety during the Game | kids football helmets | kids football helmets online