Cin_Carson Palmer 1-yard run (Shayne Graham kicks PAT), 7:12
Oak_Bruce Gradkowski 10-yard pass to Zach Miller (Sebastian Janikowski kicks PAT), :59
– Bengals held to three-and-out, will punt with 35 seconds. Tom Cable calls over Janikowski, telling him to get ready for potential long FGA at end of half. Seabass gets two cracks at it from 57 yards after Gradkowski completes passes to Zach Miller and Darren McFadden to the 39 following Bengals punt.
He misses wide right, gets a second chance because Bengals call time. It doesn’t count. Then he misses slightly wide left. His second miss in a row.
– Raiders back in game at 14-7 after 10-yard scoring pass completes 9-play, 71-yard drive. Nice mixture of run and pass, Gradkowski’s first TD prodcued as Raiders quarterback.
Just before touchdown, Darrius Heyward-Bey replaced Chaz Schilens . . . perhaps Bengals rotated coverage to cover DHB . . .
– Lawton open in right flat for 6-yard gain at 2-minute warning, Raiders to the 29. Raiders get first down, fake toss Fargas, another pass to Lawton to the 22. Toss left to Fargas for 12 yards to the 10. First-and-goal.
– Gradkowski to Chaz Schilens 25-yard strike first play of drive. A real live, legtitimate passing play. Darren McFadden runs for 9 yards on sweep left. JaMarcus Russell greets McFadden with slap on the back when he comes off. (Raiders backs often come off the field after a good play).
Gradkowski converts on third-and-short with QB sneak.
– Johnnie Lee Higgins first punt return _ goes 35 to 40 yards to his left, gains 2 yards.
– Larry Johnson gets first carry as a Bengal. Jay Richardson drops him for a 3-yard loss. He gets eight on the next play, however. Carson Palmer drops center snap on third down, loses four, Bengals punt for first time.
– Raiders go three-and-out following Bengals second score. Darrius Heyward-Bey drops third down pass from Gradkowski and gets booed.
– Raiders offer little resistance as Bengals go from pass to run and go 68 yards in nine plays. Drive consumed 5:09. Andre Caldwell and Brian Leonard had 15 and 11-yard runs on back-to-back plays, the latter against a blitz with Thomas Howard running past the play.
On 9-yard run to the 11, Benard Scott beat Kirk Morrison to the corner then ran through Chris Johnson for three extra yards.
At conclusion of drive Bengals had run 30 plays to seven for Raiders, have 19:05 to 3:43 advantage in time of possession. Palmer 8-for-9, 129 yards.
– Raiders blow opportunity, fumbling ball back to Bengals when Gradkowski can’t handle center snap, Dhani Jones recovers.
Moments earlier, Tyvon Branch blitz recovered by Kirk Morrison, who is stripped, fumbles forward to Greg Ellis, with Raiders recovering at Cincinnati 34.