By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, November 22nd, 2009 at 3:27 pm in Oakland Raiders.
Oak–Sebastian Janikowski 52-yard field goal, 9:59.
Cin–Shayne Graham 25-yard field goal, 3:29
– Tyvon Branch, Chris Johnson back-to-back stuffs of Bernard Scott to bring up third-and-11. Carson Palmer hits Laveranues Coles to the 36-yard line _ a 40-yard gain _ to end the quarter. Johnson defending, Coles made nice leaping catch.
– Bruce Gradkowski’s third-and-3 pass batted down by Frostee Rucker at line of scrimmage, Raiders go three-and-out following Bengals field goal.
– Raiders open at 27 after holding Bengals with first and goal inside the 5. Raiders get 17 yards on Bengals pass interference, but Dhani Jones hits Michael Bush, forces fumble, Bengals Robert Geathers returns it to the 13-yard line.
Raiders defense holds again, forcing Graham field goal attempt from 25 yards. He makes it after earlier miss.
– Bernard Scott races 61 yards following Janikowski field goal, Bengals get to 6-yard line with third-and-goal and can’t convert. Tyvon Branch breaks up play on second down, Carson Palmer too high to Andre Caldwell. However, Stanford Routt called for roughing the passer _ helmet to helmet, yet.
Routt makes up for it on third and goal, sacking Palmer for 18-yard loss. Graham misses from 37 yards _ nice defensive stand.
– First drive of half, Raiders drove to the Cincinnati 34, Bush stopped for a yard on third-and-5 (conservative call). Janikowski converts field goal attempt from 52 yards.
A 38-yard drive in 10 plays. Some good downhill running, a 7-yard Gradkowski to Darrius Heyward-Bey pass for a first down. Deep left sideline strike to end zone incomplete to DHB, Leon Hall covering. DHB helps break it up.