By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Thursday, November 26th, 2009 at 2:48 pm in Oakland Raiders.
Dal_Felix Jones 46-yard run (Nick Folk kicks PAT), 10:48
Dal_Miles Austin 9-yard pass from Tony Romo (Folk kicks PAT), :31
Bruce Gradkowski to Louis Murphy gets 18 yards to the 48 with four seconds left in the half _ 18-yard gain is Raiders biggest in the passing game. Gradkowski sacked, fumbles by DeMarcus Ware, half is mercifully over.
– Cowboys lose what looked like potential touchdown when Miles Austin’s leg ruled down. Austin scores anyway _ Cowboys go 80 yards in six plays in 3:57 to go up 17-0 at halftime.
Dallas has gained 271 of its 310 yards on seven plays. They’ve run 28 plays in all. Gained 29 yards on other 21 snaps.
– Gradkowski hit while throwing on third down. Raiders 1-for-7 on third downs, Lechler punts into end zone on three-and-out. Cowboys at own 20 with 4:28 left in half. With Raiders run stuffed late two series, it looks bleak if Cowboys score.
– Swing right, Marion Barber uncovered, Romo hits him for 42 yards. That’s 232 yards on five snaps for Cowboys to the 30-yard line. Raiders eventually force field goal attempt on Trevor Scott sack (flushed out Tommy Kelly).
Folk hits right upright. No good.
– Gradkowski converts first Raiders first down on third-and-8 with 8-yard run, moments after Cornell Green goes down, replaced by Langston Walker. Second-and-8, Gradkowski has Heyward-Bey wide open on crossing pattern, throw a bit too far, DHB doesn’t dive, stretch out.
On next third-and-8, Anthony Spencer gets first sack of year for Cowboys. Got past Green, back in the game. Raiders punt.
– Gary Russell stops when he sees a wall, Raiders open at 17, Cowboys jazzed now, Fargas gets 2 yards.
– Scott and Branch collide on near-pick, Chris Johnson breakup. If Scott doesn’t collide with Branch, it’s a touchdown for Branch. Third-and-10 play, Romo to Austin, Huff tackle. Play is for 11, first down. Austin spun out of Scott tackle, just barely.
The conversion hurts, because Cowboys score on Jones’ 46-yard run, one play after a 27-yard Romo to Austin hookup. Big plays killing Raiders.
– Raiders fail on fourth third-down, Gradkowski to Murphy incomplete sideline. Will punt again. Scott covers punt at 11-yard line. Lechler’s punt _ 66 yards.