Party carried on without Bruce

Part of Bruce Gradkowski wished he could have remained behind to join the festivities.

“My mom told me last night,me and you dad have tomorrow off. We’re going to have a good time tonight,’ ” ” Gradkowski said Monday “ `I said, ‘Good, enjoy it. I’ll be on a six-hour plane trip.’ ”

It was a weekend party for the Gradkowskis, starting with a bus load of 15 players coming to their home not long after the Raiders charter landed Friday night. Players had a late meal starting at around 10 p.m., wrapping up at 11:30.

Loads of pasta, chicken parmesan, all home cooked, with only wings brought in from the outside.

“I’ve never been to anything like that before on a game weekend, and it was great,” Raiders tight end Zach Miller said.

“Dinner was awesome,” Gradkowski said. “Might have to bring Mom out so she can cook again.”

Gradkowski didn’t seem to mind the lack of sleep or all the attention which makes him an NFL celebrity for a week. According to STATS, LLC, Gradkowski is the only quarterback since they’ve been keeping track since 1991 to throw three come-from-behind touchdown passes in the fourth quarter of a game.

“It was really hectic after the game because I had to do all the interviews, and then I had 50 family members waiting outside I had to go talk to,” Gradkowski said. “So it was real exciting, though, getting to see everyone, and how much my family enjoyed it. Kind of wish I could’ve stayed home in Pittsburgh to enjoy it with ‘em, but I might’ve got kicked out of Pittsburgh.”

Gradkowski’s father, Bruce Sr., became emotional when asked if he was proud of his son on a KPIX interview televised to the Bay Area. It’s not the first time Bruce has moved his father to tears.

In a pre-draft diary with the Pittsburgh Post Gazette in 2006, Gradkowski recounted purchasing a 2001 Grand Marquis in perfect condition for his dad. A friend who kept his cars in immaculate condition owned it, and Bruce Jr. bought it for his dad as surprise, pulling up in front of the house and honking the horn.

Bruce Sr. got emotional that time, as well.

“He gets choked up when he’s excited, and he’ll try to hold it back,” Bruce Jr. said. “He’s like a big teddy bear. I say, ‘let it out, Pop, it’s all right.’ ”

The Raiders flight didn’t arrive in Oakland until 10:30 p.m. after a delay at the Pittsburgh airport because of ice on the wings.

More to come . . .

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• http://www.Move2Alameda.com KoolKell

BrownStainSkidMarks

Where did you get idea that Higgins has been hurt all year?

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

• r8dr4lfe21

Some people need anger to balance there chemical inbalance. I dont get it, it’s so much easier to just smile and move on. Shoot as a Raider fan i’m always smiling win, or lose.

• HayesDaze37

PA Raider –

Do you/your boys belong to the Raiders Booster Club in York? There are a few clubs back East near you…check ‘em out @ Raiders.c om, ther’e s a list with contact info for official Fan Clubs.

Go Raiders fans in PA!

• r8dr4lfe21

Shoot it could be worse, we could be a part of the pound puppies. I ment dog pound lol.

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

SNB

Trippy site bro, nice work. I will send you an email in a bit.

Are you aware that Mule did an entire 2nd set of Floyd on 10/31/08? Also an amazing show…

• Mistabrown

JLH didnt play for what 6 weeks and KK has no idea this happened ?

LMFAO!!!!!!

• morilla

Aren’t a bunch of musicians doing a Floyd tour right now?

• PA-RAIDER

HayesDaze37 –
    From northcentral PA, 2 hours north of Pittsburgh, lots of Raider fans here, former Oakland Raider player from our home town….

• morilla
  • DKnight007

Dakota Says:
    December 7th, 2009 at 2:28 pm
    Brian Kelly and Jim Harbaugh interviewing with ND.

I’d take either of them…but I’d rather have kelly at ND and Harbaugh in Oakland next year, lol.

^^^^^^^^^
    Me 2!

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

Lol, only a wife beater would compare getting pissed at a game to getting pissed and hitting a woman…I guess whatever you need to say to yourself to justify your existence or excuse your inexcusable conduct daisy boy.

If I beat women like you, I would do the honorable thing and jump off the nearest bridge you little waste of matter.

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

Dakota Says:
    December 7th, 2009 at 3:47 pm
    Suh is up for the Heisman, lol…wouldn’t that be something! Has a DT ever won the H?”

It is super rare for a defensive player to win the Heisman, ESPECIALLY a DT. Charles Woodson was the last defensive player to win and he was the first to do so in many years.

• r8dr4lfe21

A waist of matter wow, is that like a peice of abortion lol.

• HayesDaze37

KoolKell Says:
    December 7th, 2009 at 3:36 pm
    HayesDaze
    Will you quit talking to me you chickenshyt piece of ashyt

—————

Hahahaha…proving my points about you all over again, KK.

Anger management, old timer…ever heard of it?

So predictable.

Got any football to talk? Just Al hate?

Predictable.

• http://www.Move2Alameda.com KoolKell

Now, if Davis had been forced the Bench Bey earlier, maybe we win a few more games.

• r8dr4lfe21

OMG who else was pissed at the smirk Hines Ward had on his face after the touchdown where he facemasked C-Johnson. Now he is out this thursday against the Brownies. Also Clinton Portis will play sunday.

• DKnight007

KoolKell Says:
    December 7th, 2009 at 3:54 pm
    MR,BrownStainSkidMarks,

I’ll be landing in Cancun at 11am tomorrow morning for 10 days in Play Del Carmen.

You’ll be in your nasty azzed trailer.

^^^^^^^
    Luv Playa Del Carmen!
    I’ll be there in 3 months!

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

Kell

Stayed at the Moon Palace a few months back, the southern most resort in Cancun. An all exclusive resort with 8 restaurants and some great golfing.

Had some amazing snorkling and boating experiences and the ruins are always an amazing time. Even swam with dolphins which was quite humbling and awesome.

Be safe out there bro, Sunday’s game shouldn’t be blacked out in Cancun ;)

• DKnight007

r8dr4lfe21 Says:
    December 7th, 2009 at 3:56 pm

^^^^^^^^^
    Ward is a piece of crap dirty player.

He facemasked Johnson and they let him get away with it. Predictable but karma came around to bit him and Tomlin in the A$$!! LOL

• r8dr4lfe21

So true darknight007,
    That was a bullcrap play the only play Ward made all game.

• DKnight007

RaiderDogg Says:
    December 7th, 2009 at 3:59 pm
    Kell

Be safe out there bro, Sunday’s game shouldn’t be blacked out in Cancun

^^^^^^^
    Yeah the Moon Palace is great also.

I’ll be there playin some golf in 3 months as well!

• http://www.Move2Alameda.com KoolKell

Dogg

• HayesDaze37

Little does KK know…that resort is owned by Al Davis Enterprises, Inc…and the little red light on Al’s phone rang as soon as the reservation was confirmed. Better check that credit card, Kell.

Now, KK — if you’re as big a hater as I suspect you to be…you’ll be on here even while in paradise, just to spew hate during your vacation. What a trooper you are!

Moon Palace? Awesome place!!

• r8dr4lfe21

I stayed at “el hotel de putas” y me gusto.

• HayesDaze37

Gotta take off those orange water-wings before you can get that cert., KK!

• http://www.Move2Alameda.com KoolKell

Thanks Dkight, I’ve heard good things about it. Any bud avaiable down there? ;-)

• 4evaRaider

Dogg…if we all get 2gether we can make a real good song and we ALL profit

• 4evaRaider

new post daisey boys

• HayesDaze37

Oh, this was fun…but I’ve gotta run now.

KK, MR…you others without any common sense to your debate — I’m sure I don’t have to remind you to keep it up. Your lives revolve around your hatred, and this place to post it. I’m sure it’ll be the same, whether I visit weekly, monthly, or yearly.

All you other fans — even fans who dislike the great Al Davis — take care, and enjoy the ride as the Raiders eventually work their way out of this mess!

Raider On!

It IS a great evening to be a Raiders fan!

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

KoolKell Says:
    December 7th, 2009 at 4:03 pm
    Dogg

I’m staying at Royal Playa del Carmen, it’s a huge all-inclusive too. Never been down there before. Love snorkeling, been working on my PADI Open Water cert. but haven’t finished yet though.”

You will have a blast, very relaxing too. You may even be able to finish your PADI Open Water certification on site. They do that at the Moon Palace in their pools.

The wife and I really enjoyed the Jungle Tour, where you jetski through a little jungle area for a while until you end up on the other side. Then everyone tied their jetskis together and we all snorkled for a while.

The guides would throw a ton of fish food and every fish in the area would surround you, so amazing. It’s funny, the fish eat so well down there, we even saw a fish that looked very much like a barracuda with several teeth, swim by lethargicly without a care in the world or a bit of interest in us and what we were doing. My wife almost s’d her bikini!

Plus Castle Chitzen Itza(sp) is highly recommended, especially the late night tour which includes an authentic Mayan dinner and amazing show on the castle at night.

Ok I am rambling, but have an excellent time!

• aig

I’m sorry and what football knowledge do you know and have shown on here other than twisting a story that I shared from 20 yrs ago in my past…thought so.

But go ahead if it makes you feel good to call me a wife beater and whatever names that fits.

bottomline is you dont schytt about football. oh btw, I never claimed to be an angel. I am a raider fan. We aint no angels last that i checked. You dont see anyone in the blackhole claiming to be an angel do they?

The man that can share his past is a much more secure man than the guy that mocks him. you want to make fun of me for a story i shared on here about 20 years ago, go ahead if it makes you feel better and stop from breaking something around your house. I wouldnt want you to lose your temper with your wife pregnant and all.

now back to football if you got any knowlege…i doubt it.

sincerely,

AlisGod Garbagekowski wife beater

• DKnight007

KoolKell Says:
    December 7th, 2009 at 4:06 pm
    Thanks Dkight, I’ve heard good things about it. Any bud avaiable down there?

^^^^^^^^^^
    LOL….oh there is, but chances of it being any good might be slim.

Check with the guys on the beach who try and sell the tourists souvenirs and jewelry during the day. Ask if they have “mota”.

They will…..

• Pingback: Jerry McD: Party carried on without Bruce - Oakland Raiders Forum | Message Board - Where the Raider Nation lives!

• RaiderD

Anyone see JLH haircut after the game? that high top is awesome!! hahaha.

• Pingback: Things get quiet on second day of mlb's winter meetings

• Pingback: yamaha piano