Notes and observations from the Raiders-Browns game Sunday:
– Raiders follow big win with an awful loss for the fifth time. Scoring in those five losses _ opponents 142, Raiders 32.
– Raiders get in red zone again _ Charlie Frye picked again. Eric Wright gets the pick this time.
Raiders have 326 yards passing, 392 yards total offense. Three field goals. Should break 400 yards with one more possession for first time since 2005 _ and it will do them no good.
– They finish at 399 yards, barring late adjustments, Frye sacked with 33 seconds left as Browns will kill clock. Rob Ryan gets the Gatorade bath in snow flurries.
– Zach Miller gets taunting foul after 27-yard reception with Raiders driving. A ridiculous call. A pass interference call on Hank Poteat (makeup call?) gives Raiders the ball at the 2.
Raiders can’t get it in. Never once do they attempt to get Frye outside on a pass-run option.
Frye tosses third interception of game, this one to Eric Wright. May not have had it. Could be reversed.
– Phil Dawson’s 34-yard field goal puts Browns up 23-9, Raiders need pair of touchdowns in the last 8:31 and don’t have one today. A six-play, 31-yard drive following Brandon McDonald’s interception.
– Huge sack by Matt Roth against Frye after Raiders were moving well, Raiders come back with 11-yard Frye-to-Miller pass for third-and-9 at the Cleveland 24. Frye intercepted by McDonald, forcing pass to Higgins. Returns it 39 yards.
– Best downfield catch of the year by Johnnie Lee Higgins on throw from Frye. A 33-yard gain.