By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Sunday, December 27th, 2009 at 12:28 pm in Oakland Raiders.
Notes and observations from the third quarter of the Raiders-Browns game”
– Cleveland content to feed James Harrison (29 carries, 122 yards) and work the clock as quarter expires.
– Raiders get out of shadow of own end zone following fumble recovery but end up punting from inside own 35.
– Anderson carves up Raiders for 28- and 24-yard receptions to Mohamed Massaquoi and Michael Gaines. Touchdown by Harrison nullified by illegal block in back.
Greg Ellis fumble recovery, forced by Thomas Howard on Harrison, prevents Browns from going up 27-9.
– First possession derailed in part by Higgins drop. Frye’s 23-yard dumpoff to McFadden, beating a blitz, is wasted as Raiders punt.
– Raiders immediately give back Janikowski’s team-record 61-yard field goal on first possession. Browns drive for Dawson’s 33-yard kick.
Cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha missed final series of half but was back on the field to start second half. If he can’t finish, they’re ultra-thin at corner with ejection of Stanford Routt.