Lechler, Asomugha selected

No surprises in the Pro Bowl selections. Punter Shane Lechler and cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha were selected from the Raiders Tuesday to represent the AFC.

Asomugha will start at cornerback along with Darrelle Revis of the New York Jets. Sebastian Janikowski, penalized in part because of his team’s anemic offense, did not make the team. San Diego’s Nate Kaeding, with 138 points, is the AFC kicker.

A Raiders press release said tight end Zach Miller and defensive end Richard Seymour were selected as alternates, meaning they could end up going to Miami for the game if another player or two at his position were to be injured.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Chris in NY,

I would say no to Leach.

First, as you pointed out, he would clash with Davis from day 1.

Second, these college coaches generally can’t handle the NFL. Totally different ball game

• Richochet

Smac?? LMFAO at you stooping to volunteering to be the “BOARD PINATA” for the day.

You take stupid pills today?

It’s sad enough you run the “Al Davis is the Raiders. If you don’t like Al, go find another team” but defending his head up ass decision to hire Cable?
    WTF??
    Cable actually makes Joe Bugel look almost adequate.

Cable has ZERO upside.

It’s been detailed, yet your pathetic ass is so determined to defend everything Old Man Derelict Al does that you’re willing to come across as inept, and blind?

Let me make it simple for your simple mind….not only has Cable not helped, but he’s committed the cardinal sin of being a HC..his stupid decisions have cost the team games.

Is that simple enough for you?

• CaptainBlack

Bone, how about poodle? Hampster?

• raidertbone

# Chris in NY Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:49 am

Seems like Mike Leach got shafted by Tech. I’ve always thought Craig James was a smug, annoying, know-it-all who knows nothing punk and according to comments from Tech’s receivers coach his son is the same way.

I don’t even get what was so horrible about the treatment. Maybe I’m missing something.

Anyway, the relevance is that Leach will obviously be looking for another coaching job and big-time schools may be afraid to touch him since he’s been tainted by the media coverage of this whole thing. Anyone think Leach could be a good NFL coach? Kind of hard to imagine two headstrong, stubborn guys like Leach and Davis co-existing but I’ve always thought Leach has that (Oakland) Raider way about him. I know he probably couldn’t run his same system in the NFL but a brilliant offensive mind is a brilliant offensive mind. He should be able to adapt and draw something up that would work at the next level.

Any thoughts?
    _________________________________________

Yeah, let me just see him try to shove Kirk Morrison in a closet … dude would get killed!

• Chris in NY

Here’s my equation on the names getting kicked around thus far for the Raiders coaching job in 2010:

Gruden > Fassel > Harbaugh > Cable = Trestman > Gilbride = Robiskie.

• NorthernD

Raiders4eve,
    About #430.
    Basically, you want to get tougher up the middle. Agree.
    Getting a LB like is easier said than done. There are a couple of MLB who should go around where the Raiders pick, so I’m on board for that.
    As for picking up Cody in the 2nd. I completely disagree.
    A large part of the problem for the last 7 years has been the motivation and focus of the players. Cody comes with that bad reputation. Do you really want to add another undisciplined player to the roster? I don’t. Cody may seem like a good fit based on size, but I would question handing him a ton of cash and hoping he would show up Sunday ready to outperform.

I think with the weak coaching staff they will have, the Raiders need to get more players who are self motivated and driven.

• raidertbone

# CaptainBlack Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:51 am

Bone, how about poodle? Hampster?
    ________________________

Or “simple mind”; or “How’s that workin’ out for ya?”

• CaptainBlack

Make it simpler, Ricky. Now I don’t understand.

• CaptainBlack

Bone, so you see it too. The same shyte different poster. Where have I heard that before?

• raidertbone

Ciron Black (from LSU) may still be available for us in Round Two). If we could get a solid defensive player and then him, that helps out with two of our needs right there.

• raidertbone

# CaptainBlack Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:56 am

____________________________

I think I’ve even heard “Gomer” thrown around once or twice before.

• Richochet

# raidertbone Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:42 am

I think the best logic I’ve heard so far (toward the draft) is trading down and trying to garner several picks in the first three rounds … then focus on O-Line, D-line and LB. I still think we should go for a D-lineman in free agency, but I’m afraid Al may opt for another fast skill position player. I guess we could do a lot worse than someone like Taylor Mays, but I hope we trade down.
    ===========================
    In other words, you’re new at this.
    In other words, you don’t follow squat about Al the Bard.

Pay attention, dumbass.

All of the “We need” means squat.

It’s Al. When was the last time Al made a wise choice?

THE GUY JUST DRAFTED 3 BACK TO BACK TO BACK 10 TOP PICKS THAT ARE ALREADY LABELED AS BUSTS.

that’s yet another trophy that will go in the Raider Hall of Shame.

But hey, nothing more humorous than watching Raider fans start discussing the draft in Oct for the following year.

Here’s the Raiders reality check:
    Raiders had the #6 rushing offense in the league, in ’07.
    In ’08, they draft BUST McFumble.
    In ’09′s draft Crabtree, and other top WR’s are still on the board. Raiders draft BUST BEY.

You clear now, peanut?

• CaptainBlack

Yeah, those arrows were fired at me. I guess Isa hick, or sumpin?

• CaptainBlack

Lil’ Ricky, I would prefer poodle instead of peanut, or gomer.

• raidertbone

aptainBlack Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:59 am

Yeah, those arrows were fired at me. I guess Isa hick, or sumpin?
    _____________________________

You’re a hick and I’m a peanut … ain’t life original?!

• Richochet

# raidertbone Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:58 am

# CaptainBlack Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:56 am

____________________________

I think I’ve even heard “Gomer” thrown around once or twice before.
    =========================
    LMFAO..Dumb and Dumber..at it’s best.

Dumb: “OMG..he called me idiot. I think I saw him call someone else idiot. I DON’T FEEL SPECIAL ANYMORE”

Dumber: “Gosh…h’yuk..I’s done tinks I’s saw him call me a head up ass hick…and he called you head up ass too…oh man…dat’s not just right”.

Sorry, Dos Morons..the board restricts the smorgasbord of names, so you’ll just have to accept the fact that you’ll have to not only share labels, but accept the fact that yes, BOTH OF YOU can be head up ass morons.

No…really…it’s true.

Just the way it is :)

• CaptainBlack

Ricky, where did your mother and I go wrong with you?

• Richochet

Sorry, CaptainDuh, but you scream Gomer.

Gomer it is.

• CaptainBlack

Ricky, hows abouts Isa call you puss nutz. There, split the difference.

• Richochet

Well, lol..you know you have someone frazzled when they start the “mama” comments.

In other words, Gomer, you’re toast.

• raidertbone

# Richochet Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 12:03 pm

# raidertbone Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:58 am

# CaptainBlack Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:56 am

____________________________

I think I’ve even heard “Gomer” thrown around once or twice before.
    =========================
    LMFAO..Dumb and Dumber..at it’s best.

No…really…it’s true.

Just the way it is :)
    ____________________________________
    Hey, he gave me the smiley face and everything!
    (for those of you who don’t know, it’s only a snapshot of the tattoo he has on his ass … right next to the one that says “I live in my Mama’s basement”)!!

• CaptainBlack

Ricky is smartist poster evr. Nobody think like lil Rick. He comes to dis bord to ebimucate uz. He tinks he is wity, but hes only a fewl. Ricky usa fewl

• Chris in NY

I’d go best available player in Round 1 with o-line as the biggest need. I don’t really trust any of the QBs at the top of the draft.

WR Dez Bryant would be my choice because I think he’s going to be an elite receiver. Very similar to Andre Johnson and T.O. physically. Very good hands to go with an extremely athletic and chiseled 6-3, 220 frame. However, I doubt it happens since we drafted DHB No. 1 last year and it would be a very quick admission that pick was a mistake.

I’d be somewhat shocked if we drafted Taylor Mays. Huff and Branch were very good this season. Branch led the league in tackles from the safety position and is highly athletic and only in his 2nd year. How many times did Huff make a great play on a pass over the middle and break it up this year? That’s the guy I saw at Texas who merited being picked No. 7 overall. Not sure where he’s been up till this point. Add in Mike Mitchell is perhaps the most intriguing player on this roster because of his ferocious hitting style and the fact that you could do a hell of a lot worse than Hiram Eugene as your No. 4 safety (remember his key pick vs. the Steelers?).

• raidertbone

# CaptainBlack Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 12:08 pm

_________________________________

Only Ricky and JaDavis could read and understand that posting!

• CaptainBlack

Ricky, go home, boy. Momma needs her bunyons rubbed

• raidertbone

I see a scene from “Throw Momma From The Train” — priceless! well done!

• raidertbone

Gotta go … later, my Nation! If Ricky jumps back in after I’m gone, it will prove a lot to those of you out there who probably already know how he operates. This is “peanut” signing off. Later Captain … it’s been fun! Go Raiders!

• CaptainBlack

later, bro. and thanks for the info

• M Lonetree

T-bone, 4Eva, SnB,

when Terry Robiskie was calling plays for the Los Angeles Raiders it was the most aggravatingly predictable crap you could ever witness (I could sit in front of the TV and tell exactly what play was coming – and if I could don’t ya think any defense could as well?). whether he was following the lead of Shell 1 or AD I don’t know, but if he calling ‘em as he wished then he has no business being a play caller in the NFL.

• CaptainBlack

lonetree, u r right.

• DKnight007

Chris in NY Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 12:08 pm

^^^^^^^^^^
    If there was ever a year to trade up….this is the year….dor SUH!

Then draft MLB Micah Johnson in Round 2 and then draft OT in Round 3.

Trade the #8-10 pick and one of the 3rd rounders and one of the 5th rounders from Burgess trade to move up to get Suh.