Lechler, Asomugha selected

No surprises in the Pro Bowl selections. Punter Shane Lechler and cornerback Nnamdi Asomugha were selected from the Raiders Tuesday to represent the AFC.

Asomugha will start at cornerback along with Darrelle Revis of the New York Jets. Sebastian Janikowski, penalized in part because of his team’s anemic offense, did not make the team. San Diego’s Nate Kaeding, with 138 points, is the AFC kicker.

A Raiders press release said tight end Zach Miller and defensive end Richard Seymour were selected as alternates, meaning they could end up going to Miami for the game if another player or two at his position were to be injured.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Dakota Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:17 am
    Passing the ball over running the ball at a 2-1 ratio in the first half against the 28th ranked rush defense of the cleveland Browns one week after Michael Bush and McFadden thrashed Denver should be enough to get Cable fired ON THE SPOT.
    =======================================================
    And Dakota is spot on with his analysis. In fact, he was the only one here last year who was against Cable. He saw things as they were.

I thought Cable was going to keep the run oriented offense, develop the young players and improve the offensive line.

Instead, he’s calling plays to JaDavis like he’s Drew Brees

• NorthernD

Dakota Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:17 am
    ==================================
    Cable out thunk himself…

• 4evaRaider

I agree tbone….the Robiskie name is respected in Oakland,and rightly so,imo

• raidertbone

# Dakota Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:17 am

_______________________________

Even if he were to fire Cable, the only legitimate options for Al would be either Gilbride or Fassell, most likely. Would we be better off?

• NorthernD

Robiskie was the WR coach, correct?
    That seems to be a good fit, all things considered.

• SnB offense defense specialteams

4evaRaider Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:13 am
    JaDavis wins hands DOWNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    =======================================================
    Ha, Ha, Ha,….

JaDavis Russell™

I am going to go ahead and trade mark this name for all offseason discussions

• raidertbone

I think “JaDavis” is certainly a worthy monicker … well done!

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Robiskie would be a nice addition.

Dakota, yes, Fassell or Gilbride would be better additions. They are run oriented coaches that know how to manage the passing game.

Fassel was able to work with Collins and get carries for Ron Dayne and Tiki Barber…built a solid O-Line

Gilbride was able to turn Eli Manning into a pro-QB….not an easy task

While I doubt any of them can do anything for JaDavis, I do believe they can work with Losman, Gradkowski and another vet to be determined later

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

raidertbone Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:21 am
    _________________________

Well, that is an unknown…we certainly would not be worse off with Fassel, his resume far exceeds Tom Cable’s, but you never know with Al…he sometimes comes up with gems like Gruden and Shanny and maybe even Kiffin will prove Al was right about his coaching skills.

I guess I would rather take a chance that Al might get one right again over the chance that Mr. 20-53 is somehow going to blossom into a decent coach. He has thus far demonstrated ZERO ability to make adjustments and adapt to win games.

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

Dakota

Good game last night. The Warriors were well on thier way to a W until Mistabrown came in here and started talking sh1t and telling you to F off for no apparent reason, other than to be an ass hole. That fukker jinxed us with his sh1t talking. He jumped the gun as if the game was already in the bag. What a stupid, stupid man.

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

Dogg,

He did? LOL, I’ll have to check it out…be right back.

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

Mistabrown Says:
    December 29th, 2009 at 9:16 pm
    Warriors beat Pheonix and then Boston and now they’re giving the Lakers everything they can handle.

Nice to have our Centers back!!!

F U Dakota

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

Dakota

Just posted it for you

• NorthernD

Has Robiskie ever been an OC?
    Davis likes to save money like that and have a coach/OC combined.

I’m in favour of letting Robiskie run the show. Call his agent, get him in here.

• Silver-n-Smac

• NoMoreFargas Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:09 am
    Of course silver and smack would wanna keep cable around he will play his hero fargas all the time don’t you guys get it S and S is just a fan cause he likes the colors and were like the mafia right S and S are you gonna cry if cable is fired and fargas mr. 7 td is gone. My all-time fave 3.6+3.6+3.6= 1down wow what a regular Bill Walsh, how many guys make probowl with 3.6 and limited td but you can be a S and S all-star

***************************************************************************

So should I call you Richochet now? Dude, if you’re gonna talk crap to me, at least use your own material. You’re an idiot.

Until Bush & D-Mac prove that they are gonna put in the time, week-in, week-out to get it done on a consistent basis on Sundays, hell yeah  I want the guy that spills his guts out on every play.

Me being a huge fan of Fargas has nothing to do with anything. I’ve consistently said, all along, that Bush & D-Mac are superior talents to Fargas.

And if they start playing that way CONSISTENTLY, then I’ll be the first to believe they should be in the line-up, ALL THE TIME.

I want the Raiders to win. Period.

If that’s with a clown like you running the ball, that’s fine by me. Unlike you, however, flashy numbers don’t interest me. I want guys who play hard all the time.

Thus far, neither Bush nor D-Mac have put 2 games in a row together that would warrant the coach leaving them in the game. Either they have stretches in which they run “soft” or they fumble the damned ball.

And you wanna talk about Bill Walsh? Go look back at Roger Craig’s career. He had a crap load of 3.6 yard gains. He was a tough runner who beat you up on all those little, UN-SEXY runs.

So spare me the BS.

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

That block that Turiaf had against Kobe at the rim was one of the best blocks I have seen all year. Even Kobe was impressed.

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

He sure did Dogg. Hey, I understand his angst and animosity.

No harm, no foul.

• raidertbone

So the quarterback competition next year will be between “JaDavis” and “1984b” (let me explain the other nickname):

In 1984, Vanessa Williams won Miss USA and she was touted as the next best thing since sliced bread. Then, when her scandal hit she was stripped of her title and it was given to some other girl. The other girl was handed the title (never won it) and never did anything significant ever again. Vanessa Williams was dubbed as “Miss America 1984″ and Suzette Charles was “Miss America 1984b”.

So there you have it — JaMarcus was stripped of his title as QB and it was handed to some guy who will probably never ever be a starter anywhere else. I introduce you do Bruce Gradkowski: Mr. “1984b”

• CaptainBlack

Robiskie was a terrible play caller in Los Angeles. He was Shell’s boy.

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

Dakota

Any fool knows to wait until the game is over to talk sh1t.

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

I do miss Turiaf…that dude is the ultimate energy guy and team player.

• CaptainBlack

Hey bone, I still have the Penthouse Magazine with Vanessa W. Nice bush!

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

CaptainBlack

The real gem in that issue of Penthouse is the centerfold spread of Traci Lords. It was revealed later that she was only 16 during that photo shoot, which makes that Vanessa Williams issue of Penthouse that much more valuable. I sold mine a few years ago for that very reason. Dude gave me $75 for it.

• raidertbone

# CaptainBlack Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:33 am

Hey bone, I still have the Penthouse Magazine with Vanessa W. Nice bush!
    ___________________________________

… and that ain’t all!!

• CaptainBlack

Silver N Smac, why did Nick M.remain on the 53?

• CaptainBlack

TIITS AND ASSSS TOOO

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

I have not always been the biggest fan of Jano based on his failure to be that ultimate weapon kicking tons of 50+ yard kicks that he was touted to be coming out of college, but the guy got robbed of a pro-bowl selection this year.

Congrats to Shane and Nnamdi!

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

Dakota

It always cracks me up when somneone has the “stones” to tell someone to f off when they are clearly not around.

• Richochet

# CaptainBlack Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:33 am

Hey bone, I still have the Penthouse Magazine with Vanessa W. Nice bush!
    ========================
    Translation: “I is a dumbs hick.”

Yeah, Gomer, we know.

considering that’s an old mag, that rules out you being a slow, ignorant, head up ass kid.

Which means you’re a slow ignorant head up ass adult.

In other words, that is your lot in life.

Ouch.

• Raiders4eve

Here is my take. Notice what’s this team problem been for the past 7 yrs, QB, Oline, Dline, LBs. I don’t care of which sequence we go as long as we tackle this issue with our first four picks, I would go MLB someone who can play like Patrick Willis who was 10th overall pick. DT like Cody would be nice in the second. We have two thirds we can get a RT n OG. In the fifth we can get a Center and we can get another LB, CB n DE with the last picks.
    For those who think we don’t need a run stopper u guys r dreaming. The reason we can’t stop the run was discussed in last night comcast sports channel by T Howard n FB O’neal. Basically from what I understood thy pointed out that the DT is responsible for the one gap where the LB makes the tackle, of your DT loses his battle the LBs get blocked which creates a huge hole. Our starting DTs play better in pass rushing then run stopping. We paying to play both n since they can’t draft DTs who can play three technique n one gap rather then rely on two bums again. I think our biggest need is DT, RT, MLB, OG. Some guy in here was saying placing Walker in RG, dude got injured in his first game. He had one good push in Denvers game while Denver clearly killed our two QBs. Walker is a bum, get a true guards not wannabes. Another guy said Gallery was having pro bowl year b4 he got injured wow, u serious? Gallery had an awful year holding clipping his opponents. He seemed slow n never created big holes in the running game. We keep him but we need two new guys as far as depth goes. Satale is a backup at best, a bigger center would be good, the kid who started for the Chargers in place of Hardwick would be nice if he is free agent. Maybe someone can explain this to me, Huff n branch been playing solid for us all year, what do we do with our second round special reamer MM, I m not saying he is btter than Branch or Hufff but is he a waste of pick?

• raidertbone

# RaiderDogg Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:35 am

CaptainBlack

_____________________________________

You beat me to it … that was the “that ain’t all” that I was referring to (I guess warped minds think alike!)

• CaptainBlack

Dogg, shyt, mine is collecting dust under my bed.

• 4evaRaider

you’re still pretty funny tho NMF =)

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

TBone

Warped minds do think alike, especially if there is money involved ;)

• Richochet

# CaptainBlack Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:36 am

TIITS AND ASSSS TOOO
    =====================
    Geez..while I’m typing the above, you prove my point with this.

Damn, you’re pathetic.

Well hey, as long as you feel “special” talking with adults, go for it.

• http://media-2.web.britannica.com/eb-media/63/60563-004-52A399D4.jpg Dakota

RaiderDogg Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:36 am
    Dakota

_______________

This might make me paranoid and I will start reading every damned post that I missed when I am not here!

lol

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Silver-N-Smac,

My problem with Fargas is I just don’t see the production on Sundays. Production on Sunday has to be part of the equation along with work ethic and practice habits.

The NFL isn’t fair…life isn’t fair….but at the end of the day, you cannot win consistently with 20 carry 60 and 70 yard games.

Just like with our delicate run defense, those long runs do matter and just as the defense has to prevent them…the offense has to get a couple of them….

I just don’t see Fargas as that guy. Plus, Roger Craig was also a pass catching machine too. Fargas has questionable receiving skills….although they have improved somewhat this year

I think a new coach will maximize the running game. A new coach that delegates his work will focus on getting the overall team ready…including Bush and McFAdden…

JaDavis is probably beyond hope. What a disappointment…and threw the season away for him….pathetic

• CaptainBlack

I just rescued the mag.

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

lmao @ Dakota

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

CaptainBlack Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:40 am
    I just rescued the mag.”

Well don’t go looking at Traci now you sick bastard! She’s only 16! :)

• 4evaRaider

shizzzzittt I’m still lmao at JaDavis…..Good idea Snb go ahead and TM it =)

• raidertbone

I think the best logic I’ve heard so far (toward the draft) is trading down and trying to garner several picks in the first three rounds … then focus on O-Line, D-line and LB. I still think we should go for a D-lineman in free agency, but I’m afraid Al may opt for another fast skill position player. I guess we could do a lot worse than someone like Taylor Mays, but I hope we trade down.

• 4evaRaider

ooops SnBBBBBBBBBB

• raidertbone

RaiderDogg Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:41 am

CaptainBlack Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:40 am
    I just rescued the mag.”

Well don’t go looking at Traci now you sick bastard! She’s only 16!
    _______________________________________

Better hide that magazine from Richochet!!

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

Ever heard the phrase “If the field has grass, let’s play ball”?

Ok I’m done being a perv for today…

• CaptainBlack

Where is that stench from? Oh, its lil’ Ricky. Say, lil’ Ricky, you gonna be witty today? It’s real impressive how you use the same lines with different people. Some would say you are dumb, but not me. You is just lil’ Ricky!

• CaptainBlack

Bone, I covered my eyes

• CaptainBlack

lil Ricky likes dicky so it wont bother him none

• raidertbone

# CaptainBlack Says:
    December 30th, 2009 at 11:46 am

___________________________

Well, at least he didn’t call you a peanut!

• Chris in NY

Seems like Mike Leach got shafted by Tech. I’ve always thought Craig James was a smug, annoying, know-it-all who knows nothing punk and according to comments from Tech’s receivers coach his son is the same way.

I don’t even get what was so horrible about the treatment. Maybe I’m missing something.

Anyway, the relevance is that Leach will obviously be looking for another coaching job and big-time schools may be afraid to touch him since he’s been tainted by the media coverage of this whole thing. Anyone think Leach could be a good NFL coach? Kind of hard to imagine two headstrong, stubborn guys like Leach and Davis co-existing but I’ve always thought Leach has that (Oakland) Raider way about him. I know he probably couldn’t run his same system in the NFL but a brilliant offensive mind is a brilliant offensive mind. He should be able to adapt and draw something up that would work at the next level.

Any thoughts?