Gannon offers to help

Assuming he can get past John Herrera, Rich Gannon would like to return and offer advice to his former team.

Rich Gannon, a blunt and direct critic of the Raiders play in his role as a CBS analyst and host of a Sirius Satellite Radio show, said on the air he has placed a call to Al Davis.

“I did something yesterday that I can’t believe even I did. I picked up the phone and I reached out to Al Davis,” Gannon said on the Sirius Blitz. “So I called Mr. Davis, I have not spoken with him yet, but I’m happy to help out in any way I can. I’d love to help JaMarcus Russell if he wants help. I’d love to help Tom Cable and that organization. It’s important. Listen, seven straight seasons where they’ve lost 11 or more games? Something’s not right.”

When Gannon was scheduled for a production meeting in Alameda before a game against Denver, Herrera said Gannon was unwelcome and the Raiders considered trying to ban him from the facility before they realized they couldn’t.

“He seems to be a guy who can’t get over the fact that he played the worst Super Bowl in the history of the game and he wants to blame everybody but himself,” Herrera said on Sept. 26. “I guess it’s our fault he threw five interceptions.”

Gannon has said several times he has no interest in coaching but has worked with quarterbacks in Minnesota and Tampa Bay by request.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

MTraidernation Says:
    January 6th, 2010 at 4:40 pm

anyone of you who doesn’t respect rich gannon and what he did for this organization should turn in your card. the 5-6 years he played in oakland he was arguably the best and most consistent QB in the league. a lot of you meatheads forget who his bad super bowl performance was against. had the raiders played ANY OTHER team besides the gruden-led bucs, you hacks who rip on him would be singing his praises. you are probably the same guys who thought kerry collins was awesome.

******************************

MT – you said it.

These are the same clowns that were cheering inside when Gannon lay on the field with a busted up neck.

At last, they got what they had been wishing for all along. . . .

The Great Kerry Collins

• Richochet

KoolKell Says:
    January 6th, 2010 at 3:53 pm
    M Lonetree Says:
    January 6th, 2010 at 3:16 pm
    Rico,

to paraphrase Lao Tzu, “He who cuts and pastes to denegrate much, knows little”.
    ============================
    See, this is why I cut n paste facts to support my arguments.

Any dumbass can sit in here and lie.
    ==============================
    Actually LonePeanut is confused.

He uses that to me, too damn stupid to realize I’m not cutting and pasting, perse, but “quoting” others comments.

Now…THIS IS A CUT AND PASTE of info

27 Tampa Bay 7 440,940 62,991
    28 Chicago 8 498,000 62,250
    29 St. Louis 8 441,901 55,237
    30 Jacksonville 8 397,214 49,651
    31 Detroit 8 395,162 49,395
    32 Oakland 8 354,276 44,284

LAST PLACE IN ATTENDENCE..damn…so much for the idea that there is no more loyal fan out there than Raider fans.

• mistic1

To say no.2 has no talent is just ridiculous. Spoken like a person that has no clue about football. He has been illprepared, and needs to work harder. These are legitimate knocks. Talent is not the only ingridient to to greatness, but it is a requirement. Unfortunately for Russell his lack of prep and conditioning, coupled with complete breakdowns by the o- line , receiver Corp, and running game , have conspired to make russel look much worse than he actually is. For people that have only watched no.2 this year I’m afraid you really havnt seen what this guy is truly capable of.

• CaptainBlack

Mistic, and you have seen the greatness of JaMarcus?

• MTraidernation

Saraider Says:
    January 6th, 2010 at 4:14 pm
    Trade McFadden and the # 8 for the #1 and draft Suh.

**************************************

that’s actually a pretty good idea….which is why the “braintrust” will NEVER approve it. al doesn’t like “can’t miss” prospects that every other team would give a left testicle for. he goes for the rogue, off the board picks that other teams have as 2nd rounders or free agents. plus, Suh doesn’t play DB, so there’s positively no way al takes him in the 1st round.

• Richochet

CaptainBlack Says:
    January 6th, 2010 at 4:19 pm
    Didn’t I tell you to STFU?
    =====================
    CaptainBlack Says:
    January 6th, 2010 at 4:19 pm
    Punch you in the fluckin mouth
    =====================

Looking at you post gives me an idea.
    We should use you as the poster boy for “SEE WHAT HAPPENS TO YOUR BRAIN ON DRUGS”
    4:19 post.
    immediately followed by another 4:19 post.

What? brain couldn’t grasp all of that at one time? lol..

Hey..you’re one of those people that hears a joke, and then laughs the next day…aren’t you?

You can give me your answer…..

….tomorrow ;)

• CaptainBlack

Cable’s O-line was trble; his play calling was trble; some of his coaching selections were trble; his O-line player selections have been trble. Bottom line, Cable is trble!

CaptainBlack. . . .

What exactly are you referring to?

I’ve supported Cable all season long and I still do.

I’ve said that I like his work ethic and no-nonsense communication with players. That gains the respect of the players when they know the guy isn’t full of shiot when he speaks.

I’ve also said that while I actually like his usually-aggressive playcalling, I think he gets way too cute and over-thinks things too often. And because of this, I have no problem stripping him of play-calling duties.

As I’ve said before:

Give me:

1. Half-way decent QB play.
    2. One big, nasty run-stuffing ML.
    3. One big, fat, hole-stuffing nose tackle.
    4. Two good offensive linemen on the right side.

Those are 5 new players (4 if Gradkowski is the real deal).

You give me those things and this is a playoff team.

With Tom Cable.

You fire Cable and you gotta implement a whole new damn system again – and we’ve seen how far that keeps getting us.

Hell yeah Cable should be brought back.

If he’s not. . . .well, life goes on and I hope we bring in someone better.

But don’t give me a new coach just for the sake of bringing in a new coach.

Hey Rachocrap:

From last night:

# Silver-n-Smac Says:
    January 5th, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Hey RicoCrap:

You’re a freakin’ imbecile. How you can possibly compare any of those other owners to Al Davis shows just how much an ass you are. If there was a legit comparison to make, your point would be valid.

Problem is: There is nothing normal about the Raiders. There is nothing about the way they operate that makes them even resemble the operations of other professional sports franchises. And if you call yourself a Raider fan and don’t realize that, then you’re a complete fool.

So again. . . .yes. . . .if you bought the Oakland Raiders (owned by Al Davis) Koolaid at some point in your life, you have 3 choices:

1. Either acknowledge that the man will not change his ways. Doesn’t mean you have to like it. But you also acknowledge that he’s won before and believe he’ll win again. . . in his own, weird, twisted manner.

2. Be a “go-getter” and create a freakin’ billboard if that gets you off. If that makes you feel like you’re important, hey. . .enjoy. You can then go back to feeding your hamster.

3. Or. . .if you’re just so bitter that you sit here and cry like a little girl every day about how we’re not going anywhere until Al Davis is dead, then as I said – go away and do something that makes you happy.

Whatever that is.

Once again – go ahead and continue to twist my words however you want.

And as for your posting my quoted words earlier, in your serial, creepy way, yeah. . . . .keep on reading it ass-howle. If you can’t stand Al Davis, you chose the wrong team.

Don’t compare this to a freakin’ revolution. We’re not gonna storm the streets and stop genocide or discrimination.

This is just football dumbass.

So if you can’t stand the dude that makes every single decision that affects this particular football team, then make a choice.

You choose to keep biotching like the little biotch that you are?

Cool.

Go snuggle with Koolkell.

• Zymurge

So let’s say that Big Al forces more JaMarcus on the team next season. At what point does the offensive line start “accidentally” missing blitz pickups and having the QB take on some collateral damage? That group of 5 has the power to save the Raiders from Al in a most interesting way.

• Raiderjambo

#190, Couldn’t have said it any better. To all you Gannon haters out there, name me a Raider QB who in the last 20 years has had the success he had. Gannon would be a positive addition to this franchise!

Hey Rachocrap:

Do you have a journal at home with archives of posts by your favorite bloggers?

Or do you post your favorite posts all over your bedroom walls?

Like my post about liking the “image” of the Oakland Raiders?

Is that one on your walls too “cupcake”?

You’re hella creepy dude.

Like serial creepy.

• los raiders de don rober

I am not a pro scout, but I’m not sure Jamarcus is as talented as some people think he is. The easiest way to spot talent, IMO, is when the player is surrounded by crap, yet he stands out. Players like Barry Sanders, Deion Sanders, early years Lawrence Taylor and Steve Young, Bo, Marcus, Nnamdi, Elway… There’s a ton of intangibles that go into doing something nobody else can do, which in my book is talent. Throwing the ball 80 yards is not talent, thats a circus trick.

• Silver-n-Smac

Anyone out there that is actually ripping on Gannon deserves the 7 years of hell we’ve recently endured.

• JB

# RaiderRockstar Says:
    January 6th, 2010 at 2:42 pm

I’d love to help JaMarcus Russell if he wants help.

***

did he want Cable, Tollner or Hackett’s help?
    ****************
    He was always looking for someone to go to the bank for him to cash his paycheck. He was always looking for someone to wash his Bentley. He was always looking for someone to to do the gardening and to take out the trash after his possee showed up every night.

He doesn’t understand why he’s on everybody’s schit list. He’s doing his part in creating jobs & energizing the economy by buying rad rags, bling and other crap.

• CaptainBlack

Gannon would be very positive for the organization. He may not have been the best QB, but he had heart, knew his job, came to play and played well.

• Richochet

Silver-n-Smac Says:
    January 6th, 2010 at 4:39 pm
    Hey Richocrap (a.k.a. Pile-o-Crap)

Let me ask you something chipmunk. . .

If the Raiders, with Al Davis & Tom Cable, go 9-7 or 10-6 next season and make the playoffs for the first time in 8 years, what will you say at that point?

That is exactly what is going to happen next season.

I don’t know who our starting QB will be and I really don’t care. But, the results will be good.

And I truly can’t wait to see you squirm like the little biotch that you are.
    =========================
    Going to happen NEXT SEASON?
    Of COURSE it is..just because YOU said so.

Oh..wait…didn’t YOU guarantee a winning season THIS YEAR?
    Didn’t YOU guarantee Russell was NOW going to tear up the league?
    Didn’t YOU guarantee the 3 RB’s we’re going to kick ass?

In other words,..with you..it’s always “WAIT UNTIL NEXT YEAR”..words spoken by true losers.

See..if you can’t say that, then you have to face the stark reality that Al blew it..again.
    Instead you’ll just keep on blaming everyone but Al, while stating “we’re close…I can see the light at the end of the tunnel”.

Sounds familiar.
    Oh yeah..CABLE SAID THAT 12 GAMES AGO…then 10 games…then 7 games…always something’s “going to happen”..not “is happening”

And how lame is “doesn’t matter who the starting qb is, it’s going to be good”??
    Geez..now you sound like a kid. Ignorant comment..as usual..from you.

• Silver-n-Smac

As much as I want Cable to stay, don’t be surprised if Davis gives Mike Martz a call.

He’s called Martz a “genius” in the past and Martz fits the Davis mold to a T.

The biggest problem I have with Martz is that he totally seems to dismiss the importance of the running game.

And on a lighter note, he’s got the personality of a tree trunk.

• CaptainBlack

Richochet has plagiarized my one-liners for the past year. He owes me residules

• Richochet

Silver-n-Smac Says:
    January 6th, 2010 at 4:41 pm
    The only part of my post above that is yet to be determined is Cable still being here.

I have no idea if he’s gonna get canned or not, but, I hope he’ll still be here.

He’s a good coach. Maybe not a great play-caller but a good head coach.
    =====================
    Ahhh..so..according to you, Cable could be gone..and Russell could be gone..but at the same time you state how DEFINITELY the Raiders will be in the playoffs next year??

Yeah..that makes sense..in Bizarro World.

• CaptainBlack

You know AD and Martz could never co-exist. You are covering yur tracks.

• Silver-n-Smac

Hey moron (Richocrap). . .

Since you keep all my old posts, go look up what I said before the pre-season. . .

I felt we would end up between 7-9 and 9-7 and NOT make the playoffs.

You ignorant pile of crap.

# CaptainBlack Says:
    January 6th, 2010 at 5:00 pm

You know AD and Martz could never co-exist. You are covering yur tracks.

____________________________

Covering my tracks?

What are you – a freakin’ comedian? Covering what tracks. What part of “I want Cable to remain head coach” escapes you?

Covering my tracks?! That’s awesome man. Thanks for providing me with a much-needed chuckle.

Yeah, that’s what I’m really stressed about these days – “covering my tracks” on a sports blog.

Freakin’ hilarious.

You funny guy you.

Pay up, Richochet

Thanks, John

Hey Rachocrap:

What part of the below post do you not understand:

“Give me:

1. Half-way decent QB play.
    2. One big, nasty run-stuffing ML.
    3. One big, fat, hole-stuffing nose tackle.
    4. Two good offensive linemen on the right side.

Those are 5 new players (4 if Gradkowski is the real deal).

You give me those things and this is a playoff team.”

Dumbass.

CaptainBlack Says:
    January 6th, 2010 at 4:48 pm
    __________________________________________

Smac, is the above humorous? Me tinks not!!

• CaptainBlack

Smac, Richochet is cutting your posts now. He’s gonna call you either a pumpkin, a poodle or peanut.

jus sayin

• 860Todd Christensen

Gannon is a self serving punk, attitude driven, and not a Raider friend. He’s looking for an easy AD paycheck, it aint gonna happen. Gannon was saved by the Raiders, AD, and now tries to mend fences. Go away, punk, you flunked, and spat your guts about your be friends, you are a punk, a rat, and the scum of foorball, you low life loser! Go to San Fran, we don’t need you!

• CaptainBlack

Richochet, which one of the three is he? I says punkin?

Captain:

You seriously believe Cable selects players?

Are you for real?

The only coach that has had ANY influence, that I’m aware of, on the players being brought in was Gruden and that’s only because Al was truly open to the idea of change at that time.

Anyone with half a brain knows that Al is in charge of player selections.

If Cable makes a suggestion and Al likes it, Cable gets it. If Cable makes a suggestion and Al doesn’t like it, Cable doesn’t get it.

Get it?

Blame Al for those things because he deserves the blame.

Al Davis knows a lot more football than all of us clowns, but, he’s royally screwed up a lot of decisions over the past few years.

Don’t blame personel moves on Cable.

Play calling was definitely strange here and there.

But you can’t deny the fact that it was way more aggressive than any coach since Tom Flores.

You, and guys like you, are the same ones who were biotching that Gruden was way too conservative.

• M Lonetree

Rico,

your alter ego, a puppy whining for attention, does become displaced here in the unaccounted realm of cyberspace.
    You are as so many.
    Alpha dog wannabes, but ain’t.

• mistic1

First of all gannon was a good fit, not a great qb. he didnt have to be great the raiders built one of the best teams of the decade around him with an all star cast of professionals, and young talent around him. You dont have to be super talented to be a winner. Good fortune favors the prepared mind. This is not about jamarcuss vs gannon. My point is jamrcuss is way more talented than most qb’s we have seen in oakland. Gannon becama a winner and was a rock solid leader in oakland. A retread cast off that rebuilt his career here in the town.I am grateful for the good foot ball I was treated to while he was here.Obviously if no.2 had even a shred of this guys workman like attitude, he would be better off. Some are born leaders, others must grow into the role.Classic example of guy becoming a leader, chris carter. When he was in philly he was a malcontent locker room cancer, with unbelievable talent. Once he was cut by buddy ryan he had a wake up call. In minnesota he was one of the unquestioned team leaders. How about vernon davis, from slacker to team leader. This can happen and we should all hope the light comes on fro russell. Lastly on this who was on this team that could teach russell leadership? Finally what grads did when he was in taught no.2 a lesson, I can see his growth in that time. I would love to see gannon or anyone else continue to teach no.2 the tools of leadership.

captainblakck,

I have seen the greatness of Russell. i saw it when he was in college, he was amazing. we have all seen flashes here in the pro’s. 2 come from behind 4th quarter wins to knock out play off contenders at the end of 08. Also this year last second wins, in k.c, denver, and should have got the win in sd. he did that despite playing for one of the worst teams in the league! O-line is terrible, rookie receivers, and no running game to speak of, what could anyone realistically expect? Teach him what he needs to know and give him the help he needs, then we can properly judge him.

• 860Todd Christensen

CB, did you call that an O-line? You must be a Charger fan, we haven’t had an O-Line in ten years?

# 860Todd Christensen Says:
    January 6th, 2010 at 5:09 pm

*****************************

Are you serious?

Uh. . . .

Yeah. . .

You’re right.

Josh McCown, George, Collins. . .

Yeah. . .

They were the REAL deal.

• CaptainBlack

Smac, come on, Cable recommended those players. He selected his coaches with the exception of Willie Brown. If Freddy B was around that would have been two coaches he could not change. I could go on.

CaptainBlack Says:
    January 6th, 2010 at 4:56 pm

• Richochet

Silver-n-Smac Says:
    January 6th, 2010 at 4:50 pm
    Hey Rachocrap:

From last night:

# Silver-n-Smac Says:
    January 5th, 2010 at 7:06 pm

Hey RicoCrap:

RICHOCHET: everything I say is valid. Just takes you a little longer to comprehend. Stupid is as stupid does.
    ###########################

RICHOCHET: no..YOU might acknowledge that..what I acknowledge is that Ron Wolfe kicked ass, NOT AL..that Bruce Allen and Gruden ran a solid ship…NOT AL..and when Al’s trying to do what other GM’s did before him? HE SUCKS AT IT.
    That’s a fact. THE WHOLE WORLD KNOWS THAT’S A FACT. EVERY REPORTER KNOWS THAT’S A FACT. FANS HAVE SPENT MONEY ON BILLBOARDS STATING THAT’S A FACT..
    the slow..spineless..and jellyfish fans refuse to see that fact.
    you know..like you.
    ############################

RICHOCHET: Ahhh..what you’re saying is it’s OK to make it clear to everyone that Al sucks at what he’s doing, just do it where you don’t have to step up and defend the derelict?
    Wow…hmmm…let me think….
    Nawww…billboards already been done. I think I’m fine schooling you..right here.
    Thanks for the offer, though.
    #########################

RICHOCHET: And we’re back to the offer to PLEASE LEAVE ME ALONE..PLEASE..IF YOU DON’T LOVE AL DAVIS, GO AWAY..IF YOU DON’T ACCEPT HIM TEARING APART THE TEAM, GO AWAY..”

What you mean to say is what you initially said..you want everyone to be like you..NO BALLS, SPINELESS, JELLYFISH..AND A COWARDLY LEMMING…
    Again..I’ll respectfully decline.

don’t get me wrong. World needs followers..people who never take a stand..who never demand better..who want others to think for them..you’re just fine where you are, Smac.
    ########################

If you can’t stand Al Davis, you chose the wrong team.

RICHOCHET: See my attendence figures above..seems the majority can’t stand Al Davis..you pansy.

##################

RICHOCHET: Oh…well..ok…how’s this? AL DAVIS..YOU SUCK!!

pretty much sums it up.

• los raiders de don rober

If Cable brought in Sanjaya Lal, then Cable must go!

• 860Todd Christensen

SNS, where did any of them get us? Pergatoy…Where we live now! I will say, at one time I thought Wilson was the way, but I regress……….

What I tell you Smac. Cut and paste. He didn’t call you a punkin though

• CaptainBlack

Smac, Richochet is a paid azzhole

Captain:

you come on dude. . . .you really think Cable was enamored with Cornell Green after last season?

He could have “recommended” Jason Peters, the great tackle from Buffalo and moved Mario to the right side.

But no. . . he saw the greatness of Cornell Green.

Come on man – that’s BS.

I’ve always liked Al Davis, but, those kinds of personnel decisions I put squarely on his shoulders.

It’s his team and he’s made some bad signings in the past few years.

If you’re willing to dish out all that money to guys like Kelly, then he should have dished it all out to Peters.

That’s on my buddy Al.

Not Cable.

• los raiders de don rober

Oh, and if Cable brought in Jim Fassel Jr., then he is a goddam retard, not only did Jr screw up the Special Teams, but he was Fassel Sr.’s inside ear on how to get the job.

• mistic1

Los Raiders De Don Rober Says:
    January 6th, 2010 at 4:54 pm
    ……………………………………………

Steve young was horrible in tampa bay, it wasnt until he found sf, a talented team with good coaching that he turned it around. both manning brothers stunk up the joint early in their careers, so did bradshaw, aikman, and so on. You need to learn leadeship, and you need talent around you in order to shine. Randle cunningham, was chased out of philly, that team sucked the last few years he was there. When he went to the vikings he had one of the greatest seasons in history.

Captain:

Richocrap provides me with hours of cyberspace joy and for that, I’m eternally grateful.

It’s rare when you have the opportunity to communicate with a total moron on a regular basis.

Richocrap is that rare gem.

• CaptainBlack

Smac, he recently said Cornell was an outstanding right tackle and was glad he was back in the lineup. Cable lying or just no nonsense?

• M Lonetree

The question is which one (or which three) of the contributors here are Jerry Mc in disguise attempting to further his “hits” as a way of maintaining employment. (He should not be begrudged that as it keeps this site alive and he keeps his job, but who is which?)

Have a fine evening men and women of a Nation.

Rachocrap:

Thanks for illustrating, with a resounding thud (with all the cut & pastes) the fact that you are anything BUT a fan of the Oakland Raiders.

YOU are the one that’s a freakin’ panzy. All you do is biotch like the puzzy that you are.

Eternally pissed-off guys/girls/moles like you would probably help shovel out dirt for your grave if you could.

Enjoy living in your world of doom dude.