Gradkowski gets second-round tender

The agent for quarterback Bruce Gradkowski confirmed that his client received a second-round tender from the Raiders, making it likely he’ll be competing with JaMarcus Russell for the starting job this season.

With four accrued seasons, Gradkowski can seek a contract elsewhere, with the Raiders having the ability to match or accept a second-round draft pick as compensation. If he plays under the tender figure, he would earn $1,759 million this season.

Given Gradkowski has played for three teams in three years, it seems unlikely his brief run of success would bring a second-round draft pick in return.

If Adam Caplan’s report on Stanford Routt is correct (first- and third-round tender), an inconsistent cornerback who started one game is more highly valued than the four-year starter at middle linebacker and the potential starting quarterback.

It would stand as the most head-scratching Raiders deal since Tommy Kelly.

Profooballtalk.com, via ESPN’s Adam Schefter, is reporting Ricky Brown received a second-round tender which would give him a slight bump from his $1.545 million salary last season.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• lefty12

I didn’t say he was still good at what he does,which is putting together his football team.I said he knows more about the game than we do.Big difference.I won’t argue with you 24-it is fruitless.

• 24

I know how to buy a painting but that won’t stop a thief from coming into my home and stealing it.

• Norco Bob

I wouldnt consider what I pay for season tickets a lot of money.

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

Ghost to the Post, I don’t have the capital to buy an NFL team. I’m also not a pawn for mobsters, so therefore can’t acquire a team the way Al Davis did, either.

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

Ghost, Al getting the Raiders had nothing to do with his knowledge of football, something he didn’t have much of anyway. Do you even know how Al Davis acquired his title of managing general partner? I think we have another one of these 20 year old Al worshipers, guys, who gets his Raider history from the game programs.

• Norco Bob

Thats what money is for right?…to spend it,..believe me, (or dont), I put out alot of money on stuff thats certainly not fun,..so I dont mind forking over money for ballgame tix.

• Ghost to the Post

Wow, Maybe you can call the police again tonight and alert them to the fact that Al Davis is in the Mob.

• 24

Lefty12 – You don’t want to argue because you know I’m right. The very fact that hes no longer good at what he does (which you just said) shows that I might very well know more than Al Davis RIGHT NOW, otherwise, he would still be successful don’t you think?

Now…the big difference is that he has more knowledge and experience. That doesn’t make him better in today’s world, nor does it mean he knows more than me. I know current football, Al Davis doesn’t and thats why I know more.

• Ghost to the Post

And while your at it tell them the York’s stole the Niners from Eddie Debartolo too…

• Thec07

Nbob, Do we make the playoffs with JRUSS?

• Norco Bob

24 if you have alot of football knowledge why not apply for a job in the nfl, with a team?

• http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/antisocial-personality-disorder/DS00829 KoolKell

MR

Do you remember the story about Al Davis partnerships building the Eastmont Mall with mobster money.

• Ghost to the Post

We wouldn’t even have the NFL without Al Davis spearheading the merger. As the commisoner of the AFL.

• Senior Beeecham

MR the Cowardly Blogger, do you have the number for the Elder Abuse hotline handy?

Because, if you haven’t already done so, hurry up and file a report (through your tears) on me immediately.

I’m expecting a harsh punishment for making fun of Krappy on an internet blog.

Please do it, sissy! That would be so AWESOME!

• Norco Bob

Not only do we make the playoffs with Russell, we win superbowl…ok thec?…having row 1 special powers is very scary, but its awesome,…glad I finally got down there….by the way we will beat Green Bay in it…revenge from way back when.

• 24

Al Davis has years of football crammed into his brain but hes done things the same way for all these years. He hasn’t adapted well. Maybe he knows better but his stubbornness keeps him from making changes that could be beneficial to his team. The fact is, I would make those changes today. Al Davis wouldn’t. His mind is either behind or he just doesn’t care. Whatever the case, his 1970′s way of doing things isn’t working and hes not changing it so he obviously doesn’t know today’s game. I do.

• ottocrat

Route must give Al some real good lovin’. He probably has the best stroke since James Jett.

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

# Ghost to the Post Says:
    March 3rd, 2010 at 4:31 pm

=================================
    You don’t have a clue.
    go read up first, then come back.

According to more than a few, Al held things up, and hurt more than he helped.

• Norco Bob

Old troll kell,..you should write a book about davis, seeing how you know so much about him,…if you could spare the time of course, because clearly you are a very busy man. lol

• Thec07

NBob, Just wanted to make sure you were sticking to that. So the special powers allow us to win right?

• http://www.randomfunnypicture.com/pictures/1373alcoholism-helps-you-forget-other-problems.jpg Lynn from Snot

What has Rout done lately or in the past ??????????

• Ghost to the Post

I’m cool with what I know. Thanks…

• Seymour Bush

The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    March 3rd, 2010 at 3:49 pm

Seymour Bush, flip flopping again! Now you’re back to Dungy’s players.
    ==================================================

HAHAHAHAHA! Man, sometimes you have to talk REAL slowly to some of these posters in here. No, this is what we call a two part argument. lst part, is the best players on that team, and on the team the whole time Gruden had it, were Dungy’s players. Even the ones that did not play that 07 season. 2nd part is that team, that you seem to think was some miracle Division Champ, was barely a winning team, lost in the lst round of the playoffs at home, got rolled by some bad teams, lost three of their last four backing them into the playoffs, and only won the division because the other three teams had very bad years. Now, I have stated that over and over and over again, but you just can’t quite grasp it. What, were you out dancing all night last night?

• 24

Norco – In this day and age, I would have to go to college and take years of business classes while also becoming a small time coach at some local high school. I would have to coach for years before I could finally become a high school football coach that would gain me notoriety to give me a resume that would put me in position to get involved in college coaching where I’d probably have to do the same thing before I could get myself into the NFL. I’ve looked into this. Coaches get paid crap money and it takes years of dedication. I’m not really willing to go through all that.

• 24

Ghost – The NFL would have likely merged with the AFL with or without Al Davis.

• SnB offense defense specialteams

raideredoutL.A. Says:
    March 3rd, 2010 at 3:48 pm
    bush for cromartie, sign or draft a rb. trade #21, get picks, draft o and d-lines, and LBs. dream world.
    =======================================================
    You know what happens in that scenerio right? You create a big gap at running back…in fact the Raiders will cease to have a running game. Also, if the Raiders lose Nnamdi, Al Davis is going to go like mad trying to replace him with the next great young corner. Those picks won’t go to no lineman or linebackers.

Keep Bush and Keep Nnamdi and move on

• stubblebuzz

Hey Jerry, $1,759 million equals $1.759 billion. Grad was good but not that good.

• Ghost to the Post

Not if he wasn’t signing away there players for more money.

Lamar Hunt is the father of the Merger, Al Davis was a tool used by Hunt.

• 24

Norco – And what I mean is…starting off in coaching is crap money. Its not until you get much farther into things that you make a lot more money but it takes a lot of time to get to that point. The stress levels are through the roof as well.

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

# 24 Says:
    March 3rd, 2010 at 4:25 pm

Ghost – Actually…Wayne Valley knew how to get his own team and Al Davis knew how to wait for Wayne Valley to leave the country so he could get a majority vote with 1 other owner to get power over the team before he came back. That sounds more like getting a team by being a crook.
    ======================
    Correct term is “being a snake”. “lowdown backstabbing snake” is optional.

• SnB offense defense specialteams

Al Davis and the Raider front office are making little sense.

Oh well…I am actually happy they are keeping Routt. It virtually guarantees that the Raiders won’t waste a 1st or 2nd round pick on another cornerback. Is Routt very good…no…but he’s not horrible either. The secondary is not this team’s problem.

So, we can scratch one position for the draft. Now, we do have to be concerned about Taylor Mays…..but the 1st pick is starting to look like a lineman….as long as that lineman is not named Campbell…it should be all good.

• Norco Bob

24,..ok, whatever,..the fact is you dont know a thing compared to old Al,..sorry….neither do I.

• Seymour Bush

SnB offense defense specialteams Says:
    March 3rd, 2010 at 4:40 pm

Al Davis and the Raider front office are making little sense.

==============================================

Routt was not very good last year, or the year prior. In fact he was a real problem. I don’t know what the heck they are seeing in that guy. He is a blown coverage or PI just waiting to happen back there.

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

# 24 Says:
    March 3rd, 2010 at 4:21 pm

Lefty12 – How can you say anything Al Davis does is stupid when hes been doing this his whole life? Now you think you know better than him. You say he knows more football yet you say he needs to admit he needs help? So if he was still good at what he did…would he still need help?
    =============================
    Ok, try this.

Henry Ford knew EVERYTHING about building cars. If he was alive, he would know more about building a car from scratch than I, or you would.
    Doesn’t mean he should walk into the assembly line, today, and yank out a high performance tire, and insert a wire spoke tire, just because he ONCE was considered bright.

This isn’t 1970′s football..or 80′s…yet Al refuses to move on, because it’s “his team”.

IF Al was running GM, or ANY COMPANY? It would have been dissolved decades ago, all the investors left in ruins.

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

· DKnight007 Says:
    March 1st, 2010 at 12:56 pm
    Seymour Bush Says:
    February 28th, 2010 at 11:35 pm
    # Thec07 Says:
    February 28, 2010 at 11:31 pm
    Makes sense to me. If Mr. davis was paying me in some way shape or form i would defend also…lol
    =============================================
    No, I’m not paid by the Raiders. But, if you asked me my own history, I graduated with a four year degree at 20, bought a house at 19 which is paid off, had a public corporation at 26, and I do what I want from the age of 29 on. The question still stands….what have you ever done?
    ^^^^^^^^
    Wow, Seymour Bush….you just proved to be an even bigger jerk and douche than what most us already thought before.
    The thing is NOBODY asked you what you did….ya Douche….and guess what….NOBODY gives a crap!
    We all have our own little ego building uccess stories in some way shape or form and we all have our own screw ups.
    So, in the final analysis….you “may” have graduated when you were 20….and you “may” bought a house at 19 and allegedly paid it off…(i wonder if mommy and daddy might have paid if off for you hmm?) and you “may” have a successful corporation in a down economy no less?
    Howvever, by divulging all this to us on here WITHOUT anyone asking and NOBODY on here CARING…..shows your not very bright and not very mature either are you?
    Ya Idiot….