Barnes giving it another try

By Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer
Friday, March 5th, 2010 at 5:31 pm in Oakland Raiders.

It’s a do-over for Khalif Barnes.

Hoping to jump-start his career by signing a one-year contract with the Raiders last season, Barnes is again on board for 2010, the Raiders confirmed.

A second-round draft pick out of Washington in 2005, Barnes was not given a qualifying offer _ possibly because he knew a contract was near.

A broken ankle sustained during training camp prevented Barnes from mounting a challenge to be the starting left tackle _ although Mario Henderson later said he was told he would be the starter regardless.

Barnes was initially reluctant to move to the right side _ although he eventually took a some practice snaps there _ but never made his way on to the field for a sustained length of time. Barnes also got in some work at guard.

As the season progressed, Langston Walker, signed after being released by Buffalo and seemingly not a fit for the Raiders zone blocking system at more than 360 pounds, had bypassed Barnes.

It seemed unusual at the time, given the fact that Tom Cable had pushed for Barnes’ signing during free agency.

Whatever issues the Raiders coaching staff had with Barnes appear to have been resolved.

Given that he could have signed with anyone for at least a few hours, Barnes is the Raiders’ first free agent signing.

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

Buckeye…going to give Lil Beech a chance to admit his ignorant ass has no idea what I’m talking about, then I’ll detail it for ya..probably tomorrow or Sunday, which Lil Beech will have used up his sorryass list of excuses and weak say nothing replies.

• http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/antisocial-personality-disorder/DS00829 KoolKell

Reekofshyt,

I guess these things are impossible in your world.

Did I ever tell you when I was a kid, 67′- 72′ I was breaking green horses with Oakland Raider Charlie Smith, Hero of the Heidi game in 68′.

Yeah, we had a Trail Riding group called the El D Riders, because everybody drove El Dorado’s. My father was Prez. George Atkinson would come up, Ray Chester.

Redwood Rd, Oakland. We boarded the horses up there. Great trails all around.

I’ve had about 10 horses of my own. Appys and Quarters.

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

Great..I post the following:
    # KoolKell Says:
    March 5th, 2010 at 5:25 pm

Dumb Beeych disapears and Reekofshyt appears, funny that. They all want to know about my business.
    ==========================
    lol…you don’t HAVE A BUSINESS…

The #1 failed business attempt IN THE COUNTRY IS A REAL ESTATE SALESMAN. Seems everyone who can buy a pencil, when they can’t get any other job, trys real estate.

The fact YOU HAVE NO BUSINESS, while your wife works everyday, while you sit on here, morning, noon, and night, says, LOSER, that you’re a bum, and a liar
    #############
    and your reply is??:

KoolKell Says:
    March 5th, 2010 at 5:34 pm

Reekofshyt,

I guess these things are impossible in your world.

——————–
    WTF????
    You retarded?
    Seriously…you get caught lying…you get called out after insulting a slew of posters here with your claims to fame, which I exposed as being total lies, and now that diversion lie is supposed to cover things up?

Damn dude…you’re getting sad, Racist Scumbag.

• 24

Wow…news breaking!

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

# KoolKell Says:
    March 4th, 2010 at 11:22 pm
    Chris in NY
    It’s alright peckerwood, it’s all good.
    =======================================
    # KoolKell Says:
    March 5th, 2010 at 11:26 am
    Hey Peckerwood Podunker, how’s it going today?
    ============================
    KoolKell Says:
    March 5th, 2010 at 11:29 am
    Boo
    You’re a lying piece of shyt.
    You fuking peckerwood you were trying to make a statement with that headline
    ==================================
    Urban Dictionary
    Definition: peckerwood
    “Racist term for white man.”
    ======================================================
    Your ass should be banned for your racist crap, Racist Scumbag.

The above comments are from two different days, so it’s blatantly obvious you’re a racist piece of crap, Kelli.

How long have you had this hatred?
    And after you’re banned, do you think anyone will care?

• crister

considering that not only were the raiders the worst at protecting the qb last year with the most sacs given up, but also 2 raider qb’s were knocked out of games with significant injuries, one would hope that they’ll address the line with real solutions and just not retreads. barnes at this point seems like more of a retread than a solution as opposed to last year when he was picked up.
    somewhere, andrew walter is still waking up in cold sweats in the middle of the night from the beating he took under the art shell era.

• SharkCatcher

barnes is not a cadillac.

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

Aaron Brooks wakes up screaming

It Reeks in here.

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

So interesting that the moment Kelli and Beech are challenged, they run, screaming, much like QB’s of old…lol.

• http://blstb.msn.com/i/55/90A2853B6CFBCC2AFC987BB18B832.jpg vegas raider

************************************

He was on the field enough to get toasted on the very first play of the Jets game, causing a fumble and the ultimate demise of Jamarcus as a starter.

Barnes last full year, he gave up the most sacks in the NFL, no?

• souldogdave

Richochet, you are so boring. A lot of work scrolling past your hubris.

• buckeyeraider

Kell,
    I believe you’re right, but as someone pointed out he also faced Dwight Freeney, Mario Williams and Kyle VandenBosch (sp?) twice a year. In his defense, I guess.

• http://blstb.msn.com/i/55/90A2853B6CFBCC2AFC987BB18B832.jpg vegas raider

Damn Rodney Stuckey suffered a seizure on the court.

Scary shyt

I don’t know what Barnes gives the Raiders.

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

# souldogdave Says:
    March 5th, 2010 at 5:52 pm

Richochet, you are so boring. A lot of work scrolling past your hubris.
    ================
    Without me you DON’T HAVE A LIFE.

You ONLY sign in to post to me.

Now shut up puppy, before you hurt yourself.

and get your damn room clean after you do your homework..don’t make me tell you again.

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

Interesting…I think I hit a nerve.
    On ANYTHING ELSE, kelli can’t shut up..but the following seems to have him “speechless”…Gee, I wonder why??
    =================================

# KoolKell Says:
    March 4th, 2010 at 11:22 pm
    Chris in NY
    It’s alright peckerwood, it’s all good.
    =======================================
    # KoolKell Says:
    March 5th, 2010 at 11:26 am
    Hey Peckerwood Podunker, how’s it going today?
    ============================
    KoolKell Says:
    March 5th, 2010 at 11:29 am
    Boo
    You’re a lying piece of shyt.
    You fuking peckerwood you were trying to make a statement with that headline
    ==================================
    Urban Dictionary
    Definition: peckerwood
    “Racist term for white man.”
    ======================================================
    Your ass should be banned for your racist crap, Racist Scumbag.

How long have you had this hatred?
    And after you’re banned, do you think anyone will care?

• jonesy941

boooo!!!

• raidertalk

man I hope this is just a move to get depth on the line. hopefully we can pick up some real talent on the o line

• maine_raider

Mike Vick and mayb TO please…………..

• Kirk

I guess the explanation of this signing is that Barnes came cheap.

• souldogdave

Richochet, your tirades and personal attacks lead me to believe you are a bitter, jealous loser with a penchant for the bottle.Every post is an insulting attack on someone.Read yourself when sober, and be ashamed.

• souldogdave

Richochet, your last post is so ridiculous.We ALL laugh at you. You have no respect from anyone on this blog. You are a joke. Your ego rants and assumptions about other posters shows your reactive, juvenile personality.I think your anger issues cost you in real life.You are obviously very unhappy. Please try to get help, counseling, Zanex, Something!

• djohnnyg

Why aren’t the Raiders doing ANYTHING in free agency except re-signing the same losers who gave us an 5-11 season? Does Al Davis even care about winning anymore? If any team needs help with new players it is the Oakland Raiders. It’s as if Al Davis seeks to reward the pathetic players who finished with one of the worst records in the league AGAIN.

Well I guess the Raiders don’t need any help right? After all, they were 5 and FREAKING 11, why would they need any big name free agents? Were all set. Yippee!!!