Vote of confidence for Shaughnessy

With multiple media outlets reporting the release of wide receiver Javon Walker and defensive end Greg Ellis Monday, the player who stands the most to gain is defensive end Matt Shaughnessy.

Walker was in the second year of a renegotiated contract which which guaranteed him $2.6 million this season. He ends his Raiders career with 15 receptions for 196 yards and one touchdown and will pocket some $21 million.

The two-year payout is now being reported as closer to $14 million. What I relief. For a minute there, I thought the Raiders had gotten fleeced.

Ellis is a bit of a surprise in that the lineman most expected to go was defensive tackle Gerard Warren, who has a $1 million roster bonus due at some point this month.

When last seen at the facility following the season, Ellis talked of having non-invasive knee surgery which would enable him to play another season. He had an in-season arthroscopic procedure which caused him to miss two games.

Lauded by coach Tom Cable for his leadership ability along with fellow veteran end Richard Seymour, one reason Ellis became expendable was the play of Shaughnessy, a third-round draft pick out of Wisconsin.

Shaghnessy was not only extremely active, showing the ability to get to the sideline as well as downfield to make a play, but hopefully will develop into a solid point-of-attack player for the NFL’s 29th ranked rushing defense.

Ellis, strength was primarily as a pass rusher and in his last year in Dallas had his snaps limited against teams that went heavy to the run.

Both transactions showed up Tuesday afternoon on the NFL official personnel wire, and were confirmed by the Raiders.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Norco Bob

Stay tuned NorthernDork,..its about to be a national ESPN story,..but our friend at the sf chron will write the initial story. Hey now.

• NorthernD

priesttj,
    That’s what it looks like when I read it.

NorthernD Says:
    March 8th, 2010 at 9:17 pm

Cody showed up at the combine at 354. He still looked like a slob.
    ===========================================

He was by far the heaviest the guy there. By far. And if he is that heavy after an entire college football season, coming into the most important 3 months of his life, what happens when he cashes the check? Guys like Cody can play college football heavy and out of shape, in fact it probably helps their game. In the pros, they’re going get destroyed.

• Norco Bob

Hes going to be released, in the summer,..and I bet hes out of the league a full year,..then tries for comeback,..hope things work out for him. Real longshot though.

• priesttj

Bob,

do you really think this is the first rodeo for Mr Davis with a drug addict player? lol This stuff was so prominant in the 70′s it was ridiculous. And he’salso not the first players in the last 10 years that had a problem. He is just making way more money than the others did.

If he can come out clean and ready to go they’ll have him sit aand get ready and when he is he’ll play. Bret Farve was taking 25 vicodin a day. There several others that never hit the news. Like Joe Montana.

It’s very serious but far from a deal breaker.

• http://sportmag.us/images/Lester_Hayes_November_1981.jpg RaiderDogg

Bob

not 3 weeks ago you were going on and on and on about how JaMarcus was working out in AZ and that he would be going to the Pro Bowl. All with no mention of syrup or rehab. That is Sacramento Dumb son.

# priesttj Says:
    March 8th, 2010 at 9:27 pm

Bob

This is actually good news to me. If it’s all true This kid has a ton of talent and this was the only thing in his way. I just never talked about it because I never witnessed it myself. But I also never denied it, because way to many people told me about it. In fact I used to have a guy who would follow him around and give me feedback. Until I got tired of hearing it.
    =================
    Lmao..you’re such a liar.
    You state you only “heard about it”..that you weren’t sure..but now you had SOMEONE FOLLOWING HIM AROUND?

dude..you’re like this silly pathological liar..making things up as you go along..most contradicting things you’ve said previously. thing about liars is they can’t remember their lies..

Oh..wait..LOL..aren’t YOU the one who ran the “best college coaching staff EVER assembled at the same time”?? Where Walsh and Wyche weren’t even around? Yet, to YOU they “definitely were there and which one of you clowns wants to challenge me on it”??

remember that?

You actually don’t remember much, do you?

• Norco Bob

I dont live in Sacramento.

• Seymour Bush

Professional athletes addicted to drugs? Can’t be. Say it ain’t so Joe!

Oh, and Bobbo?
    It’ “priest from Fremont” not Mountain View.

Of course, the hosts were laughing as they said it…

• Norco Bob

Dogg,..I didnt have all this info 3 days ago, much less 3 weeks ago.

• Norco Bob

Brian has talked to me about it, as long as 3-4 months ago, but I never paid it much attention.

• Norco Bob

Rich,..TJ got famous as TJ from Mountain View, like 10 years ago.

• Seymour Bush

And look who just slithered out from under his rock: wack-o! Hey I have the wack-o life story right here:

The Psychopathic Troll:

The psychopathic troll is motivated to participate in an internet forum by psychotic delusions or compulsions, or by the neurotic seeking of false self esteem. The postings of a psychotic troll are unlikely to make any recognizable sense at all. The neurotic troll either seeks to obtain false self esteem by manipulating the reactions of others, or by demonstrating his “power” to destroy what others enjoy. The neurotic troll is often manipulative enough to make it past the initial moderation.

• NorthernD

priesttj,
    Russell hasn’t produced on the field. If he had,then maybe they look the other way. Maybe he gets away with it.
    They won’t give him any slack now.

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

I missed your answer on that rock band you said you had at 18, Oakglen.

You know..the one that got you money for a house?

lol…dumbass

• Seymour Bush

wack job there is a reason you are in your late 30′s and you have never done a thing in your life. Here’s you life’s story;

The Psychopathic Troll:

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

Everyone knows you have a least two dozen handles, Oakglen..

What was the reason again?
    Oh yeah…

Compulsive Cross Poster:
    The compulsive cross poster is someone who has serious self-image problems. They feel that creating multiple handles, and posting to oneself, and then proceeding to read what they posted, in their own little insecure way, they convince themselves they’re not a loser.
    Some compulsive cross posters will actually engage in full conversations with themselves, only to gloat later to everyone how they conquered..well..their self.
    Once they are exposed, the compulsive cross poster will always make more new handles, hoping to gain back a little bit of self respect that they never seem to find.

Seymour Bush Says:
    March 8th, 2010 at 9:43 pm

wack job there is a reason you are in your late 30’s and you have never done a thing in your life.
    ================

LOL..you’re so freaking stupid to even set yourself up, dumbass.

One thing I DIDN’T do was state I graduated at 20..FROM COLLEGE.
    Also didn’t state that I BOUGHT A HOUSE when I was 19.
    And when questioned about how a lender gave the money?
    I sure as hell didn’t state ‘OH..UH…DUH…WELL…UH…UM…WELL…GOSH…UH…WELL.. MAYBE I WAS IN A BAND..yeah..that’s it..I WAS IN A BAND..THAT’S HOW I GOT A HOUSE..YEAH…THAT’S WORKS.

lmfao THAT YOU’RE SO DAMN IGNORANT YOU DON’T REALIZE HOW MANY PEOPLE ARE LAUGHING AT YOU for that stupid take.

Damn you’re slow, Glenny, lol…as slow as you can be.

• Seymour Bush

See wack job, the description I posted is actually a clinical description. Yours is made up. By you. Which is consistent with EVERYTHING you do. You live in your own wacked out universe. We call it WACK WORLD. It’s your life wacky! Sucks to be you!!!

HAHAHAHHAHAHAHAHAHA!

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

So, you admit the following was an ignorant head up ass, dumber than cotton, lie, Oakglen?

Seymour Bush Says:
    March 3rd, 2010 at 5:23 pm
    Wack job how do you know I didn’t have a hit band at the age of 18?

• priesttj

We’ll see wont we?…

Everybody is signing his death warrant now. Why don’t we wait to see what’s up. This nothing new guy’s players entertainers do it all the time.

I’m glad he never went to far with some other drugs that are much worse. If he can lick this and time will tell. Then I don’t see a problem at all.
    So we’ll see…. first we have to find out if the story is true.

• Seymour Bush

Maybe you don’t get it wack! I graduated from college with a four year degree in economics at the age of 20. Prior to graduating I bought a house. I still own that house. It is paid off. You on the other hand, are an internet troll. See the difference. There’s a difference between MY world, and WACK world.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

Made up? lol…WRONG, LIAR.
    YOU were busted with over a dozen CURRENT HANDLES by the mod…that YOU ADMITTED TO..you idiot.

now you’re up over two dozen..and counting, Oakglen..probably WAY above two dozen..you’re a cross posting POS coward..always have been..always will be.

Admit it..when you got busted? You felt like a total freaking loser..didn’t you? That’s why you changed your name…BUT WERE TOO STUPID TO COVER YOUR TRACKS…cross posting POS

• Seymour Bush

It really sucks to be you doesn’t it wacky? You can admit it.

• Seymour Bush

You life sucks. You have a mail order bride who ran off, you spend almost all your time as an internet troll, just kind of a sucky existence if you ask me.

# Seymour Bush Says:
    March 8th, 2010 at 9:50 pm

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!
    ===================
    Again…YOU’RE A LIAR.

NO ONE IS GOING TO GIVE A LOAN TO AN UNEMPLOYED STUDENT, you lying crock of shyte…EVERYONE KNOWS THAT.

Oh..wait..what was your reply again, when busted on that?

Seymour Bush Says:
    March 3rd, 2010 at 5:23 pm
    Wack job how do you know I didn’t have a hit band at the age of 18?

Yep, LMFAO

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!
    hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

• Seymour Bush

You’re angry because you’re stupid right wack-o?

• Seymour Bush

No seriously. You are angry because you are stupid, right?

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

Awww…look at Oakglen..rushing to post silly little comments about “life” and “wifes”..knowing he’s just winging it…but what’s NOT WINGED IS YOUR COMMENT..from YOUR MOUTH:

Seymour Bush Says:
    March 3rd, 2010 at 5:23 pm
    Wack job how do you know I didn’t have a hit band at the age of 18?

well???

LIE OR NOT? lol…come on, peanut…you know it’s not going to go away…just going to KEEP ON REMINDING YOU HOW DAMN STUPID YOU ARE..so..lie? or not?

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

I don’t see an answer…why is that, Oakglen?

Seymour Bush Says:
    March 3rd, 2010 at 5:23 pm
    Wack job how do you know I didn’t have a hit band at the age of 18?

well???

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

What do others say about your comments, Glenny?

· Thec07 Says:
    March 1st, 2010 at 1:03 pm
    DKnight007 Says:
    March 1st, 2010 at 12:56 pm
    Seymour Bush Says:
    February 28th, 2010 at 11:35 pm
    # Thec07 Says:
    February 28, 2010 at 11:31 pm
    Makes sense to me. If Mr. davis was paying me in some way shape or form i would defend also…lol
    =============================================
    No, I’m not paid by the Raiders. But, if you asked me my own history, I graduated with a four year degree at 20, bought a house at 19 which is paid off, had a public corporation at 26, and I do what I want from the age of 29 on. The question still stands….what have you ever done?
    ^^^^^^^^
    Wow, Seymour Bush….you just proved to be an even bigger jerk and douche than what most us already thought before.
    The thing is NOBODY asked you what you did….ya Douche….and guess what….NOBODY gives a crap!
    We all have our own little ego building uccess stories in some way shape or form and we all have our own screw ups.
    So, in the final analysis….you “may” have graduated when you were 20….and you “may” bought a house at 19 and allegedly paid it off…(i wonder if mommy and daddy might have paid if off for you hmm?) and you “may” have a successful corporation in a down economy no less?
    Howvever, by divulging all this to us on here WITHOUT anyone asking and NOBODY on here CARING…..shows your not very bright and not very mature either are you?
    Ya Idiot….
    ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
    Yep……

· Mistabr0wn Says:
    March 8th, 2010 at 5:19 pm
    Seymour, since you answer to Oakglen, we all know you’re OakGlen, why dontcha just use your name?
    And you giving props to yourself under this name is borderline Napa State Hospital material, ok?

• Seymour Bush

Wacko you didn’t answer any of my questions and your now quoting mistabrOwn again. Sad, sad, sad. Every moment you just go down the loo further and further. But here look in the mirror:
    The Psychopathic Troll:

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

:) that was easy, OakDork..lol…

I mean..what could you say?

NOTHING..because you’re a liar..and LIARS TUCK TAIL AND HIDE, LIKE LITTLE BEYOTCHES.

# Norco Bob Says:
    March 8th, 2010 at 8:40 pm

dknight, its obvious to everyone in here you are considered the dumbest of the bloggers,…get things last, usually real inaccurate,
    ============================================

Man wack job Norco Bob is taking apart your other “Sources”. You need to take a break. Take some anger management courses, go find another mail order bride from Bora Bora.

oH..AND DUMBASS?
    tHOSE INSULTS WERE FROM THEC…KNIGHT…MRBROWN..ME..lots of people crap on you, loser…hell..they’re are more, if you like :)

• Seymour Bush

Actually wack job I have told you this a million times. I don’t converse with

The Psychopathic Troll:

# Seymour Bush Says:
    March 8th, 2010 at 10:03 pm

# Norco Bob Says:
    March 8th, 2010 at 8:40 pm

============================================

================
    How sweet…Knight craps down Oakglens throat, and now Oakglen is rushing to buddy up on Bobbo’s comments?

you lemming.

How..about the rock band?

KNIGHT…MRBROWN..ME
    —————————————–

those guys can’t insult me. As long as I am the complete opposite of those guys I am doing the right thing! But, as for you wack job, go see a professional therapist. You need serious serious help!

Richochet Says:
    March 8th, 2010 at 10:05 pm

======================================
    KNIGHT…MRBROWN..ME
    ====================

Now, wack-o you are once again spinning out of control, contradicting yourself, making yourself look even stupider than when you got here. Sorry wack job, you are boring and sad.

• Seymour Bush

But wack job there is hope for you:

The Psychopathic Troll:

LMFAO…
    Oakglen: “now that YOU BUSTED ME, I DON’T WANT TO PLAY”??

DOESN’T WORK THAT WAY, little boy.

See..I get to laugh at you.

It’s NOT your reply I laugh at..it’s the fact I crap down your neck, others read it, and watch as you CAN DO NOTHING..it’s the ultimate F*** YOU watching you squirm.

OF COURSE YOU CAN’T ANSWER..what could you say?

YOU GOT BUSTED, YOU LYING ASS CROSS POSTING FOOL… :)
    And I get to be the one who keeps reminding you :mrgreen:

• Seymour Bush

Turn off the internet and get yourself checked into a hospital wack job. One that has locked doors preferably.

• Seymour Bush

Wack job you are not making any sense. Oh right:

The Psychopathic Troll:

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

Anything about the following, Glenny?

· Mistabr0wn Says:
    March 8th, 2010 at 5:19 pm

• Seymour Bush

Are you done not making any sense wack job?