Larry Johnson to visit?

Running back Larry Johnson, who finished last season with the Cincinnati Bengals after wearing out his welcome with the Kansas City Chiefs, will visit the Raiders, according to Profootballtalk.com.

Johnson gained 204 yards on 46 carries in seven games with the Bengals. He hasn’t broken 1,000 yards since 2006, the year he carried 416 times, gained 1,789 yards and scored 19 touchdowns _ 17 of them rushing.

In 11 games against the Raiders for the Chiefs (and a 2-carry, 5-yard game last season against Oakland for the Bengals), Johnson has 224 carries, 943 yards and 11 touchdowns with four games of 100 yards or better.

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

• Silver-n-Smac

# vegas raider Says:
    March 10th, 2010 at 11:40 am

If Jamarcus restructures, he has to be completely awful to not make the roster.

If Jamarcus doesn’t restructure, he has to be completely awesome to make the roster.

That’s how I would handle it.

******************************************

That’s actually pretty well said.

• HairyBush

I would trade him to get back our old RB coach-TOM RATHMAN!

• HairyBush

Well Silver n smac if you were only the GM we would have a prayer.

• HairyBush

Vegas rather

• http://blstb.msn.com/i/55/90A2853B6CFBCC2AFC987BB18B832.jpg vegas raider

For whatever reason NFL teams rarely ever trade players. Swapping picks, all the time.

Nobody has even signed ONE guy to an offer sheet yet. Not even one, and I don’t think we will get much more than 3 or 4.

And Marshall Faulk, in the pinnacle of his HOF career, was traded for a mid 2nd rounder.

Just weird to me.

• DeuceDeuce

vegas raider Says:
    March 10th, 2010 at 11:40 am
    If Jamarcus restructures, he has to be completely awful to not make the roster.

That’s how I would handle it.

This is perfectly worded. I pray it happens.

• bcz24

Richochet… again posted nothing insightful. Did manage to cut and paste everyones posts again though, you are definitely the master of that. Not really sure you know anything about football or the Raiders or if you actually have an opinion about the team at all. What I do know for sure… you HATE EVERYONE here.

• JB

Larry Johnson is a washed up over the hill RB. He can visit all he wants. Nobody in their right mind would sign him. Oh no! We have someone that fits the description – the right mind part. Who really knows what he’s going to do?

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

# Silver-n-Smac Says:
    March 10th, 2010 at 11:33 am

# Mistabr0wn Says:
    March 10th, 2010 at 11:12 am

Hey Silver n Smac, why do some people like Mickey D’s over Burger King ?

Because they do! get it ?

**************************

Yeah dude – I “get it”.

So if JaMarcus starts winning games for you, what are you gonna do then?

Stick your tail between your legs and hide? You gonna stop rooting for the Raiders? You gonna sulk because your “favorite” isn’t the one winning the games?

=============
    You know…LAST YEAR you ran the “The prior year was JR’s actual first year..LET’S SEE HOW HE DOES THIS YEAR, then we’ll know”

And now? lol..you’re running the same take as last year..that after THIS YEAR you’ll know.

This is year FOUR.

At some point reality sets in.

• DeuceDeuce

JB Says:
    March 10th, 2010 at 11:48 am

Better version of Fargas at this point.

We already have our young RBs. We have no one at all. AT ALL. With good veteran experience on that side of the ball..

• Seymour Bush

Hey Wack job, good to see you in here! You are here all day every day. When was the last time you had a job? 9, 10 years ago mowing lawns?

• Seymour Bush

Actually saying wack and job in the same phrase is contradictory.

• Seymour Bush

mistabrOwn, show some SELF RESPECT! After the beat down you took last night, you might not want to come back here, for say, ever.

• Silver-n-Smac

I really don’t care about him restructuring his contract or not.

Paying Russell is not gonna hinder Al from getting other players. It’s not like Al has ever NOT been able to sign a player he wanted.

The bottom line is that Russell needs to grow up and show that he cares about football, for himself, for the team & for all the loyal supporters of the team.

If he does that I am willing to give ANYONE a 2nd chance.

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

# bcz24 Says:
    March 10th, 2010 at 11:46 am

=========================
    It’s called “quoting” moron.
    See..on every message board there is a ‘quote’ feature.
    Guess you haven’t figured that out..being…well…slow and all.
    On blogs? Unless you immediately follow the post, it’s kind of common courtesy to indicate exactly what you’re referring to.

Like now :)

You post a whiney sniveling whinefest on how your poor widdle feelings get hurt so easily.
    And then I get to laugh at you…kind of cool, huh?

Oh..and one thing you’ve NEVER done (whoever you are, lol) is actually ever posted anything.

Dude..don’t even know you..but what’s obvious is YOU know me.
    Some made an impression entering a room..some leaving the room…then there is you…where no one even knew you existed.
    good for you…stay in the shadows.

You may go now.

• RaiderDebo

vegas raider Says:
    March 10th, 2010 at 11:40 am
    If Jamarcus restructures, he has to be completely awful to not make the roster.

That’s how I would handle it.
    @@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

Not well said. No way he gets cut even if he’s not “awesome” Put yourself in Davis’ shoes. No matter what happens, JR walks with $40 million. $40 million!!!! Do you really think he’ll risk letting that happen over $6 million?? And remember, Davis has shown patience of late with his high draft picks. Watch the firing of Lane Kiffin on Youtube. He loves the guy. And Davis knows football. Regardless of his work ethic or perceived lack thereof, I’m willing to bet that he understands that JR hasn’t been surrounded with the proper supporting cast. Plus, he’s had highlights, i.e. the Denver and KC games. Sorry my friend. He gets a mulligan for last season.

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

Am I good, or what?

Lil Beeech..stares at the computer…alllll dayyy long…waiting for Kelli.

Oakglen/Seymoron does the same…waiting for me…and within MINUTES OF POSTING…THERE IS BEEECH…REQUESTING ATTENTION FROM KELLI….and yes, LMAO..there is Oakglen…posting DIRECTLY TO ME, FIRST…almost pleading for me to kick him in the ass.

Touching…actually. :)

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

Oakglen?

Tell us about your band?

awww…c’mon, pumpkin…everyone wants to know how you bought a house at 19…oh…how did you say you got the money?
    OH YEAH…YOU HAD A SUPERSTAR ROCK BAND.

Love to hear about it :mrgreen:

• bcz24

Richochet Says:
    March 10th, 2010 at 11:53 am
    # bcz24 Says:
    March 10th, 2010 at 11:46 am

=========================
    It’s called “quoting” moron.
    See..on every message board there is a ‘quote’ feature.
    Guess you haven’t figured that out..being…well…slow and all.

Like now

And then I get to laugh at you…kind of cool, huh?

Dude..don’t even know you..but what’s obvious is YOU know me.
    good for you…stay in the shadows.

You may go now.
    ____________________________________________

I can play too… guess I am not a moron anymore because I know how to cut and paste just like you. Grrr the big bad blog bully told me to go away. Oh what ever shall I do. By the way…. you neglected to “quote” where exactly I was whining? I was simply calling you out for your lack of posting ANYTHING Raider, or football in general, related here.

• Silver-n-Smac

This is year FOUR.

At some point reality sets in.

*************************************

Yeah well, could definitely be true. I definitely could be drinking too much Koolaid and I have no problem admitting that.

But personally, I’ve always really believed in that “3 year rule”. Not literally of course, but, the point being that some players take longer to develop.

Russell’s been in the league for 3 years but on the field for about 2.

Could be that it’s a lost cause for sure.

I’m just not ready to give up yet.

I’m not handing him the starting job by any means. I just don’t see the harm in keeping him around if he shows some sincere effort this offseason.

Let’s be real. After the 2008 season, he didn’t receive the amount of utter ridicule that he received this year because everyone (including me) gave him a pass for basically having the “rookie” blues.

If he’s any kind of man, he’s gonna respond to that criticism by putting out an effort.

If he doesn’t. . . .like I said – cut the ties with him then.

• Seymour Bush

Actually wack job you are here all day every day. Whenever ANYONE posts it’s within five minutes of you. Nice to gloss yourself tho. It’s part of the self aggrandizing troll mentality.

• The Judge

BUT

The Dallas Cowboys traded 2 first round picks for Joey Galloway

then traded

a 1st, 3rd and 6th for Roy Williams

• Pingback: The RaiderCast | Larry Johnson to visit?

• Pingback: LJ to visit Oakland | FantasyAces.com

• djohnnyg

Jamarcus dressing up like a pimp, with that ridiculous “Chosen One” chain (to go with his chosen one tattoo) at that b-ball game a couple months back looks like such a fool. Doesn’t he realize nearly EVERYONE is laughing at him? Nobody respects him. The media, the fans, NOBODY. He is nothing more than one of the biggest punch lines in sports. A complete joke.

The funniest part is when he gets cut by the Raiders and NOBODY picks him up and he gets to look in the mirror and realize what a complete failure and fake he was. Even the Arena league won’t take him cuz he’s too slow for even them; mentally AND physically.

If he’s been making bad investments and gambling on top of it, he could very well be broke in a few years, Funny thing is he’s most likely banking on ANOTHER big pay day that will NEVER COME.

I want the Raiders to win, but only AFTER Jamarcus is taken out of the 3rd game of the season and cut from the team after another typical “Jamarcus like” failure of colossal proportions.

Enjoy the money you stole from Al Davis Jadoofus. It won’t last forever, ‘Chosen One’.

• Pingback: Football Fan Site » LJ to visit Oakland

• 30 year raider

i only have one thing to say WHY???? LJ what a joke

• 30 year raider

based on available talent for UFA willie parker has much more to offer

• Pingback: The RaiderCast | LJ to visit Oakland

• jonesy941

i’d rather have LT than LJ but if they turn out to both be BS i wouldn’t be surprised!