Updated: Quiet at Cal Pro Day

Beat writer Steve Corkran reports the Raiders are represented by a single scout and none of the coaches at Cal’s Pro Day at Memorial Stadium.

Cal running back Jahvid Best will not run at the Pro Day, letting his 4.35 time in the 40-yard dash at the NFL scouting combine stand.

Best’s time was the fastest among all running backs, ahead of the 4.37 by C.J. Spiller.

For what it’s worth, and given the inexact science of NFL 40 times, Best’s time a fraction behind the 4.33 time by Darren McFadden at the 2008 combine.

At least year’s Cal Pro Day, coach Tom Cable and much of his staff were at Memorial Stadium, watching closely, in particular Cal center Alex Mack.

Mack was drafted by the Cleveland Browns in the first round and was a rookie starter.

UPDATE:

Speaking with reporters, Best said he talked with Raiders assistants Kelly Skipper (running backs) and Jim Michalczik (offensive line) at the combine and believes his 40 time met with their approval.

“They did interview me,” Best said. “I think I showed them Raiders speed.”

Jerry McDonald - NFL Writer

Nice try MR.

KK, you are clearly a racist. A black Archie Bunker.

Raider O, damn you too!

Now back to work.

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

LA to the Bay?
    Yeah, LMFAO on that one ;)

I would have someone else record the message, if I were you. Someone with a more masculine voice.
    Have your wife do it.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::

LMAO. Now my whole staff is wondering what I find so funny…

• bcz24

I wasnt whining OR putting words into your mouth. Do you even read this stuff or do you just post comments when you see peoples names. I said I AGREED WITH YOU… AND CONTINUED TO SAY I AGREED WITH RICHOCHET!!!! Read the F**king post dude. If anyone is putting words in your mouth it would be Rich, all I did was agree with him about Gruden not being a household name!

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

BCZ24?

Hike up your dress, and quit crying.

Geez…”wahhh…why are you so confrontational?”
    “sniff…you’re hurting my widdle feelings…just stop it, you big brute”

Take some Midol…hey, it can’t hurt.

• http://www.raiderfans.net Richochet

# Bo Schembechler Jackson Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 12:30 pm

Have your wife do it.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::

LMAO. Now my whole staff is wondering what I find so funny…
    ————–

You think I’m kidding? lol…I’M NOT.

Now, to be quite honest, I’ve never heard his wife speak, but one thing I can guarantee, I’ve only heard little piglets squeal at that same level that Kelli reaches, so I’m laying odds that pretty much everyone sounds more masculine than that..

Save bet :mrgreen:

• bcz24

LOL you guys make my day pass by so fast.

• Seymour Bush

Richochet Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 11:07 am

There are more pressing issues on the table.
    ================================================

Yeah, like when will wacky get a job. Probably after he starts taking his meds.

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

Bcz, who are you to tell someone to slow down? Piss off, moron.

• NorthernD

When you tick people off enough that they call your work? I think he should find another hobby. Blogging’s not working out for Kell.

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

What do you mean “nice try”, Bo? Just what is it I tried to do?

• Seymour Bush

Richochet Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 12:22 pm
    Damn..according to Kane and Assoc they haven’t seen you in a while, Kelli..they did, however, forward me to your voicemail.

They were just “sure” you were out canvassing, which is what all ’slow’ realtors do…right Kelli?
    (will be our little secret that you do none of that..but hey..why bother? The wife works..she brings home the bacon..you? You just sit at the barber shop, swapping tales with the other old timers..now, how fun is that, pops?

Oh..and dude? your voice..uh…the high pitched squeal on your recording?
    is that you?
    Have your wife do it.
    ===============================================

Wow dude. You have a lot of time on your hands. I guess that’s what happens when you still live at home with mommy.

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

Did Bo just say he has a staff? Ha ha ha!!! Bo’s staff = his parents in the next room, looking at him in disgust and wondering what to do about him.

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

“my staff” …ha ha ha ha ha ha!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Bo, keep ‘em coming. You’re killing me.

• bcz24

RMR who are you to call someone a moron?

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

Who are you to tell someone to slow down?

• http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/antisocial-personality-disorder/DS00829 KoolKell

Bo Chimpbechler,

You are clearly a racist. A hillbilly Archie Bunker.

• NorthernD

Read it again MR. I think he meant it as a compliment. That you guys are funny and it makes the day fly by when he reads the blog.

• bcz24

LMAO. I am the guy you sh!t on without actually reading what he wrote.

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

I’m the guy you shyt on by putting words into my mouth. I never said Gruden was a household name.

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

Bcz, I’m not going to let you get away with the victim card. You came in swinging. You put words into my mouth.

• DKnight007

The bleacher reports mock was good….but most likely a pipe dream when it comes to Al Davis.

Swapping 1st round picks with G-Men would be good then getting Usi to be that pass rushing RDE this team needs.

They can then get their ANY OT who is there with the G-Men 1st Rounder. Campbell might still be there along possibly Anthony Davis, Trent Williams or Charles Brown.

Then they can get a DT like Lamar Houston, Cam Thomas or Cody in Round 2….then go LB and a KR/slot WR like Ford in Round 3.

Or maybe even get the all everything LB SPOON with the G-Mens pick.

McClains stock seems to be falling a bit. He had a non existent combine and he was barely existent at his pro day.

• DeuceDeuce

The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 12:18 pm
    And then there’s Deuce Duece, who thinks coaching isn’t the problem, while also saying he doesn’t know who makes the decisions as to who plays in Oakland. If it’s not the head coach making those decisions, then the head coach is the problem! But don’t tell him that.

Like I said playing DHB and Russell no matter what falls back on Al. Theyre obviously Al calls. But it seems like Cable has say in other areas. So no, you cant blame it on the Coaching staff. Theyre coaching with a handicap when Al does things like that.

This is the best staff weve had since Gruden.

• NorthernD

Trading for Umenyiora seems like a bit of a stretch.
    McLain couldn’t finish his pro day and revealed that he suffers from Chrohn’s disease. I don’t know if you know, but it’s an intestinal disorder that causes really bad abdominal cramping and pain.
    It hasn’t caused him to miss game or practice time, but it should cause him to drop a few spots in the draft.

• DeuceDeuce

I thought McClain ran good at his pro day?

The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 12:56 pm

You put words into my mouth.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Not likely. Your mouth is full.

Per PFT. Ptint that. Word. Hey now.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Raiders release Gerard Warren
    Posted by Michael David Smith on March 11, 2010 3:52 PM ET
    The Oakland Raiders have released defensive tackle Gerard Warren, making the nine-year veteran an unrestricted free agent.

Warren, who had a roster bonus due on March 16, was widely expected to be released, and Michael Lombardi of NFL Network and NFP reported on Twitter that it became official today.

Although Warren has started all 32 games in the last two seasons for the Raiders and still occasionally shows flashes of the athleticism that made him the third overall pick in the 2001 NFL draft, he’s 31 years old and not likely to get any big-money offers in free agency.

Warren had a career-low two sacks in 2009.

• DKnight007

Al and his decision making are LAME!

I left a pissed voice message for Herrera and I still haven’t got a call back yet…nor will I ever. LOL

• DeuceDeuce

Richochet Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 12:15 pm
    # DeuceDeuce Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 12:02 pm

Richochet Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 11:57 am

—-

Apparently….you havent heard of a joke before…..You should look into getting a sense-of-humor..theyre pretty dope.
    ===================
    “pretty dope”??

Wonderful. My 12 year old talks the same.
    Board is a magnet for idiot kids, crossposting morons, and racist old unemployed kept realtor failures.

Now nifty

—-
    Does your 12 year old know you take internet blogs this serious?

Of course All the Raider failures come back to Al Davis, since he’s the undisputed Boss of the Raiders.

Looking at Tom Cables numbers since he’s been coach, it’s clear he’s done nothing to improve the Team.

Point differential numbers are up. Higher even than Art Shell’s numbers.

• NorthernD

McLain put up good numbers in the 40, but he didn’t finish all the positional drills. He was on a knee and in pain before he could finish.
    I know that disease can be devastating to people.
    I don’t how well he can control it, but it will be a factor for any team that wants to draft him.

• inonewordraider

Osi will cost same as 8th pick in the draft but with Osi you get a proven commodity and another former superbowl champ in the DL, I’d do it

• inonewordraider

You better beleive Al’s thought of it, stubborn as he is and as bad a gambler as he’s been lately he’s still gonna conteplate all scenarios and go after what he wants

• DKnight007

Bo Schembechler Jackson Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 1:04 pm
    Per PFT. Ptint that. Word. Hey now.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Raiders release Gerard Warren
    Posted by Michael David Smith on March 11, 2010 3:52 PM ET

Warren had a career-low two sacks in 2009.

^^^^^^^
    No brainer….

• NorthernD

Osi is a pass rusher. He’s not great against the run. The Raiders brought in Ellis, Seymour and Shaugnessy to bulk up against the run. I can’t see them returning to old form and grabbing another Derrick Burgess type.
    If anything, they’ll add more bulk to the D-line.

pass on Osi & LJ

I’d re-sign Ellis & Fargas for peanuts before giving good money & reps to those clowns …

• http://none The Real MaddenRaider

Duece Deuce, how do you know they’re Al’s calls? Were you there? Why is it ok for you to declare as fact what Al’s involved in and what he isn’t involved in, but the rest of us need video proof?

• inonewordraider

Re-sign Warren for cheaper, he’s still young, healthy, and would be a good depth guy. Sounds like were going after Dan Williams Brian Price or Pierre Paul

• DeuceDeuce

KoolKell Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 1:06 pm

Point differential numbers are up. Higher even than Art Shell’s numbers.

That being said I wanna Just win baby.

Al Davis is about a week late dumping Warren.

NT’s Jamal Williams & Maake Kemoeatu have already been signed in free agency.

guess we’ll have to wait until the draft or make a trade …

• DKnight007

RaiderRockstar Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 1:10 pm
    pass on Osi & LJ

^^^^^^^^
    LOL….Osi yes….LJ Noooooooo!

new post!

• NorthernD

IMO Warren is done. May as well put a blocking sled out there. Dez Bryant should get the starting nod beside Kelly next year if they don’t find another body in the draft. 31 is ancient for DT. That’s a lot of pounding on a body.

• DeuceDeuce

The Real MaddenRaider Says:
    March 11th, 2010 at 1:11 pm

Aha! Aha! Now you get my point. We dont know whos call it is. So we cant blame anyone. We can jus bich n moan about what we want. And what we should do.